Live Horizon/Mardi Gras B2B 8/1-8/7and 8/7-814

jimbo5544

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

Obviously nothing could change with the Celebration,  but possibly with Excel 3.

Lol, I think I already gave my 2 cents to these guys when we were invited to an awards ceremony in New York December 2019.  That said, it is worth hearing their reaponse again.  We have a group on this ship in Janury all booked in Havana.  When we get back and they see the area, they may want to change. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 6:05 PM, jimbo5544 said:

These hump balconies have me Intrigued. I might have to knock on a door or two…..

4F4D915C-0425-4699-9F29-BF4444A425E4.jpeg

I see you have a bird's eye view of the rounded corner balconies.  What's your thoughts on them?  Would you enjoy them or feel they aren't private enough?  The ones we have booked are ocean suites.  I didn't care for the location of the regular ocean suites, above the promenade/Havana area and also above decks with entertainment venues.  Hoping to get some cabin reviews soon.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Would you enjoy them or feel they aren't private enough?  The ones we have booked are ocean suites.  I didn't care for the location of the regular ocean suites,

I have the same thing next month. I'm not too worried about the privacy thing but it would be nice to manage expectations going in. You brought up a good point about the improved view (prior post).

Edited by HxFx

32 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

I see you have a bird's eye view of the rounded corner balconies.  What's your thoughts on them?  Would you enjoy them or feel they aren't private enough?  The ones we have booked are ocean suites.  I didn't care for the location of the regular ocean suites, above the promenade/Havana area and also above decks with entertainment venues.  Hoping to get some cabin reviews soon.  

Good question.  There def is a privacy issue.   Not sure On the room categories.  Will find out

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I agree.  Having dinner with some mgt brass this evening.  It will be a topic of conversation.  

LOL - ask them why they ditched the excel suite coffee makers... yep, that would be my top #1 question (trivial as it is)!  🙂

Tom

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd highly recommend people give Rudi's Seagrill a try. We enjoyed an outstanding meal last night. Cheryl enjoys oysters, and was emphatic that these were the best she's ever had. I had the Crab Stuffed Lobster Tail Imperial - amazing! Shared the key lime pie - words escape me!

PXL_20210808_222410496%20(1)-XL.jpg

PXL_20210808_223109033%20(1)-XL.jpg

PXL_20210808_225048113%20(1)-XL.jpg

PXL_20210808_230905955%20(1)-XL.jpg

Two more nights there this week - and looking forward to it !!

BTW - Rudi's does indeed extend the same wine promos as the Steakhouse on the first two evenings.

Tom

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HxFx said:

I have the same thing next month. I'm not too worried about the privacy thing but it would be nice to manage expectations going in. You brought up a good point about the improved view (prior post).

I believe the views are going to be a big plus.  I have seen a few videos and while they were when the ship was in port, you could tell they would have an enhanced view.  I'm not too concerned about the privacy.  I just didn't expect them to be that visible.  I am wondering also about the wind effect on the forward facing ones.  I love the layout of the ocean suites and am patiently awaiting some reviews on location issues of the regular ones on deck 9 and 10.    

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'd highly recommend people give Rudi's Seagrill a try. We enjoyed an outstanding meal last night. Cheryl enjoys oysters, and was emphatic that these were the best she's ever had. I had the Crab Stuffed Lobster Tail Imperial - amazing! Shared the key lime pie - words escape me!

BTW - Rudi's does indeed extend the same wine promos as the Steakhouse on the first two evenings.

Tom

Wow. Looks great.  If only we could get in before 9:30

28 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

Loving these pictures.  Booking Celebration right now and debating between two Extended Balconies vs two Cove Balconies together with the partition open.  Love Coves.   

Glad you are enjoying

• Like 1

Just now, tmt3698 said:

Do they make you stick to your assigned check in time? I watched a video on You tube they said it was a free for all

I would answer in this way…..WHile I do not think it was or is a free for all, the mebarkation process can improve.  They clearly had signs making for those on time  and those…..not.  How they handled that I have no idea.  I know that they had people doing first scanning before you got inside the building.  I would assume they got turned away at that point.  

The whole covid checking has added to the complexity of check in, there is no doubt.  To be honest, I thought the new terminal could have been designed better, but that is my two cents, which nobody cares about.

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

I would answer in this way…..WHile I do not think it was or is a free for all, the mebarkation process can improve.  They clearly had signs making for those on time  and those…..not.  How they handled that I have no idea.  I know that they had people doing first scanning before you got inside the building.  I would assume they got turned away at that point.  

The whole covid checking has added to the complexity of check in, there is no doubt.  To be honest, I thought the new terminal could have been designed better, but that is my two cents, which nobody cares about.

I'm assigned 12-12:30 wondering if I could get there earlier? So they are looking at our vax card and checking temperatures?

1 minute ago, tmt3698 said:

I'm assigned 12-12:30 wondering if I could get there earlier? So they are looking at our vax card and checking temperatures?

No temp checking, but definitely boarding pass checking. So they will see your check in time and send you to the side. At least that’s how it happened in Miami. 

Just now, Cruise Related said:

No temp checking, but definitely boarding pass checking. So they will see your check in time and send you to the side. At least that’s how it happened in Miami. 

Okay thank you!

31 minutes ago, tmt3698 said:

As mentioned, no temp checkng (unless testing requires it with a positive).  Your vax card will get multiple looks.  I def got the impression they were looking for fakes, but just my thoughts.  Same exact process in both Miami and PC.  

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 2

Our time slot was for 10:30-11, but we didn't arrive at the terminal until noonish - can't recall specifically, I've slept since then.

It was rather crowded in the terminal. When we approached the mass of people lined up to go in, I asked about any priority line (excel suite/diamond) but was told there wasn't one. We were sent to the "all others" line, which ended up being the wheelchair/scooter line. There were 20x more people in the "general" line, but they actually made it through security before we did. I even asked after we got in the "all others" line if that was where we should be, and was basically met with shrugs.

They did take a long hard look at the CDC cards. If they had not been legit, I would have been stressed (and I don't have a good poker face)!

No matter - we made it onboard, and proceeded to get into cruise mode. 🙂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

Wow I didn’t know about the wine! I have reservations for Saturday!! So excited!!

• Like 2