Two for one upgrades

Royal is now offering the opportunity to bid on a second cabin.

Two For One Upgrade - 2 Ocean View Balcony StateroomsExperience More Comfort In common.offer.upgrade.type.SPLIT_BALCONY:  

Enjoy a second room for your party with our new "Two for One Upgrade" option. You’ll keep your existing stateroom category class and get a second stateroom of the same category class — all for one bid. We cannot guarantee both rooms will be on the same deck. 
0 - Descriptive image of the benefits of upgrading your ticket
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal is now offering the opportunity to bid on a second cabin.

Two For One Upgrade - 2 Ocean View Balcony StateroomsExperience More Comfort In common.offer.upgrade.type.SPLIT_BALCONY:  

Enjoy a second room for your party with our new "Two for One Upgrade" option. You’ll keep your existing stateroom category class and get a second stateroom of the same category class — all for one bid. We cannot guarantee both rooms will be on the same deck. 
0 - Descriptive image of the benefits of upgrading your ticket

I assume this is for families. Dh and I only need 1 cabin.

• Like 1

If RoyalUp requires you always pay double the bid as if it were for 2 people, even if in a Studio cabin or even if paying less than 200% single supplement, I really don't see what reasoning they'd have for not letting a solo cruiser get 2 cabins under this kind of 2-for-1 offer. It's all just about the money, anyway, right? 🙂

33 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I have several clients that book 2 cabins when it’s the 2 of them travelling.  Some snore and some are chasing points. 

Chasing points is so 2017

Seriously though, how do I look into this. 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I have several clients that book 2 cabins when it’s the 2 of them travelling.  Some snore and some are chasing points. 

My husband is a terrible snorer and we sleep in separate bedrooms at home because of it (the alternative was to live apart but I thought that was a bit extreme 😂). I’ve often thought about booking a 2 bedroom suite when we cruise, just a pity they’re so expensive🤑

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

My husband is a terrible snorer and we sleep in separate bedrooms at home because of it (the alternative was to live apart but I thought that was a bit extreme 😂). I’ve often thought about booking a 2 bedroom suite when we cruise, just a pity they’re so expensive🤑

Once you get to 340 points and get the solo supplement in many cases it’s not that much more to get 2 cabins as opposed to one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Once you get to 340 points and get the solo supplement in many cases it’s not that much more to get 2 cabins as opposed to one. 

Got a long way to go to reach 340 points, we’re only at just over 200 unfortunately.

10 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

When I hear of people having this arrangement I wonder if I am the only one wanting a reverse situation.... sharing the same bedroom but each having our own remainder of the house.  You know, separate kitchens, separate bathrooms, living rooms etc. We would always be spending time together in either his section or mine but I could keep everything the way I like it in my own part of the home and no one would mess up my cabinets, closets, fridge.... I can't be the only one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It came as one of the bids for the Royal up.  Pretty pricy minimum though. Over $800. 

Ouch. 

Royal Up to a JS or GS might be cheaper

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

When I hear of people having this arrangement I wonder if I am the only one wanting a reverse situation.... sharing the same bedroom but each having our own remainder of the house.  You know, separate kitchens, separate bathrooms, living rooms etc. We would always be spending time together in either his section or mine but I could keep everything the way I like it in my own part of the home and no one would mess up my cabinets, closets, fridge.... I can't be the only one.

I finally have an office/man cave now.

Our house has two master suites, though the Princess Suite is nicer than mine.

And the garage with my own fridge.

All the rest is Laura's. Especially the kitchen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dswallow said:

If RoyalUp requires you always pay double the bid as if it were for 2 people, even if in a Studio cabin or even if paying less than 200% single supplement, I really don't see what reasoning they'd have for not letting a solo cruiser get 2 cabins under this kind of 2-for-1 offer. It's all just about the money, anyway, right? 🙂

I was wondering if prices would drop as I'm sure many are ca calling.. they came up with a way of not dropping prices and filling more cabins. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. It's a way of not giving you a lower price.