New NCL Menu's

Jawhn

46 minutes ago, Named-Tawny said:

But strangely, the sole grenobloise, also priced at $39, doesn't have the surcharge.  I guess they just know that people gravitate towards lobster.

Silly people. That sole is wonderful!

I am saddened by the departure of the profiteroles. The new desserts look fabulous, though. And hey, the 4-mushroom soup is still on the menu so it's all good.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, SkierRobUMN said:

Is that Haven Lounge menu new? We are doing our first Haven in January and wasn’t sure. Do you just ask the bartender to order those lounge menu items?

It must be something new.  I’ve never seen a Lounge menu on any of the ships I’ve been on.  I can’t wait to try it out.

Linda

4 hours ago, wally4ever said:

I was hoping for the specific video that mentioned the lobster thermidor (not that I don't believe OP, just that I'd like to see that specific part of a video for myself).

Lobster Thermidor is talked about at 15.00.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Interesting. The filet mignon steak has been replaced with a NY strip steak. The Seafood Benedict (with lobster and scallops) is now shrimp toast. The smoked salmon frittata is now an egg white frittata.  

Look at the Bright Side. They now have Jumbo Lump Crab Cake, Grilled Delmonico, and Surf & Turf with a real lobster tail. Also the additions to the lunch menu of Shrimp Scampi and a Reuben sound great; although I don't know why they call it a Mahi-Mahi Reuben.

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Interesting. The filet mignon steak has been replaced with a NY strip steak. The Seafood Benedict (with lobster and scallops) is now shrimp toast. The smoked salmon frittata is now an egg white frittata.  

On the surface that sounds like a downgrade.  🤨

2 hours ago, Falckon said:

Look at the Bright Side. They now have Jumbo Lump Crab Cake, Grilled Delmonico, and Surf & Turf with a real lobster tail. Also the additions to the lunch menu of Shrimp Scampi and a Reuben sound great; although I don't know why they call it a Mahi-Mahi Reuben.

Some of the lunch stuff is new and exciting. They got rid of the double-cut pork chop (one of our favorites), veal scaloppini, and linguine with clams,,, but got good replacements. 

Dinner menu is similar... but the surf part of surf & turf is lobster (vs. shrimp before). They use to have a grilled sea bass which is now a pan fried trout. Jumbo Shrimp Skewers turned into crab cakes. The duck is gone as is the Filet of Beef Tenderloin, both which we used to like. The Prime rib is still there (our waiters always tell us "don't spend money for prime rib in Cagney's, it's the exact same in the Haven restaurant (cooked together). 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Falckon said:

Made with Mahi-Mahi instead of Corned Beef? Where we live several restaurants serve Grouper Rubens. 

12 hours ago, Falckon said:

Yeah that dinner menu makes me wonder if we should look at a different specialty from Ocean Blue (without seeing how their menu might have changed) if we can get surf and turf without a surcharge in the Haven restaurant. 

1 hour ago, jeno said:

Made with Mahi-Mahi instead of Corned Beef? Where we live several restaurants serve Grouper Rubens. 

The menu says, "Pastrami Dusted".  I guess it is made with Mahi - Mahi, and dusted with pastrami, which is fine by me. We live in Apollo Beach, just South of Tampa, and we have Grouper Reubens here also.