Harmony TA Cancelled??? Oh, no it's not??? Or maybe it is....

Just now, Gracie115 said:

The point of the thread is not about who chose to book the cruise.  It is about whether it is cancelled at this point or not. 

I want answers from Royal.  If cancelled I want my money bank.... the only way that happens is if they cancel .... if I cancel all I get is FCC.

It's not cancelled.

They have updated the list of cancellations on their website.  I doubt that anything else will be released

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It's not cancelled.

They have updated the list of cancellations on their website.  I doubt that anything else will be released

Well they best inform their agents everywhere......  a UK guest on the ship just now received notice that it IS cancelled.......from  their agent.

How hard is it to say WE MADE A MISTAKE?   I realize that's not something that seems to be part of our culture at this point but geez.......pretty sorry PR or lack of it on Royal's part.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That's the agent sending out an e mail a day after they received it.

What would you have expected the agent to do?  Wait, and somehow know to look at and compare to Vicki Freed's list later??  I think it is reasonable to expect Royal to participate in clearing up the miscommunication that was initiated by them.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

What would you have expected the agent to do?  Wait, and somehow know to look at and compare to Vicki Freed's list later??  I think it is reasonable to expect Royal to participate in clearing up the miscommunication that was initiated by them.

I agree that Royal messed up and needs to communicate that however many TA's including myself jumped the gun. 

No TA actually received a cruise specific cancellation that outlined any offers for that cancellation because Royal never sent them out.  I did let my client know as I knew he would see it on social media anyway but there was no way I was acting upon a generic mass letter until I received the specific letter.  Within half an hour of that generic e mail going out I had personalized cancellations for all my other clients cruises that were cancelled.  TA's need to take some responsibility as well for jumping the gun before receiving specific notification. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

@Ourusualbeach: The cancellation letter we got also contained a link to start the refund process. We opted to get our money back instead of FCC, which was also offered. The link took us right to Royal's cancellation page with different options. We duly filled in the form with our booking ID and finalized the process. It now says we can expect a refund within 30-45 days.

56 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

The point of the thread is not about who chose to book the cruise.  It is about whether it is cancelled at this point or not. 

I want answers from Royal.  If cancelled I want my money bank.... the only way that happens is if they cancel .... if I cancel all I get is FCC.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I guess you let Big Roger know too right?  lol  his post right before mine Gracie? Sounds like you need another cup of coffee? Little edgy this morning?

Edited by Jimbo

56 minutes ago, Maria63 said:

@Ourusualbeach: The cancellation letter we got also contained a link to start the refund process. We opted to get our money back instead of FCC, which was also offered. The link took us right to Royal's cancellation page with different options. We duly filled in the form with our booking ID and finalized the process. It now says we can expect a refund within 30-45 days.

Exactly, as did the one we got......now my agent is spending far too much time on the phone with Royal trying to reverse that...IF THE CRUISE is actually going to happen......

Guest BigRoger
28 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I guess you let Big Roger know too right?  lol  his post right before mine Gracie? Sounds like you need another cup of coffee? Little edgy this morning?

That’s it rat on me this time……

.Yup I am on this one Jimbo - are you? Ps Jolly Roger….. I like that…. Maybe I might make that into a T-shirt for the sailing…..

Maybe you and biker could have…..dont you think the one on the right looks like Fain….

779BFF92-2E1E-48D1-8C88-432B6C7F9F29.webp

Yesterday at 2:10 PM eastern I received an email from the Travel Agent that the Harmony TA was cancelled. While it's still in the Royal Caribbean app, the link on the Travel Agent's website for that same reservation in their system no longer loads. It's definitely cancelled. 

44 minutes ago, Cruiser99365Girl said:

Yesterday at 2:10 PM eastern I received an email from the Travel Agent that the Harmony TA was cancelled. While it's still in the Royal Caribbean app, the link on the Travel Agent's website for that same reservation in their system no longer loads. It's definitely cancelled. 

My reservation still shows active on the Royal website. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Cruiser99365Girl said:

Um..no.  You can still book this cruise direct on Royals website.  The list of cancellations on their website has removed harmony.  Not canceled.

Your TA has removed the booking from their site and has not restored it

Guest BigRoger
50 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

This TA is a GO!!!  Just completed the on line check in thru the cruise planner for this and the 7-nighter preceeding.  Yippee!!!

Yep we are checked in too….. treating this as a positive sign

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Direct from Vivki F

Vicki F.png

Good news.....hopefully they won't change their mind a month from now.....glad I didn't cancel air fare....... now have to rebook hotel!!!!!! 

Someone said here or on FB that we should all share a drink on board after all this craziness.....sounds good to me!!!!😀

• Like 1

This just sent out.

Dear Travel Partner,

On Tuesday August 4th, we communicated an update regarding our Royal Comeback. However, while sharing these details with you, our Travel Partners, one of our communications contained an error advising that our October 31st, 2021 sailing onboard Harmony of the Seas has been cancelled.

Please know, our October 31st, 2021 Transatlantic sailing onboard Harmony of the Seas has not been cancelled and will sail as planned. We're truly sorry for any confusion that's been caused by this.

Below is a message we kindly ask you to please share with your clients that have an impacted sailing. As always, thank you for your continued support and partnership, and stay healthy!

Dear Guest,

On Tuesday August 4th, we communicated an update regarding our Royal Comeback. However, while sharing these details with our Travel Partners, one of our communications to them contained an error advising that our October 31st, 2021 sailing onboard Harmony of the Seas has been cancelled.

Please know, our October 31st, 2021 Transatlantic sailing onboard Harmony of the Seas has not been cancelled and will sail as planned. We're truly sorry for any confusion that's been caused by this.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding. Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge - we have no doubt your time with us will be nothing short of amazing. See you soon!

Sincerely,

Michael Bayley

President & CEO

Royal Caribbean International

On 8/5/2021 at 8:16 AM, Biker19 said:

Biker, who thinks RCI will find a way to make this worse, by cancelling again, only this time only a week out.

You may be right about cancelling again......The CDC has currently advised any ship returning to the US after having traveled in international waters may not sail with guests onboard for at least 14 days. 

Edited by bajathree

6 minutes ago, bajathree said:

You may be right about cancelling again

This was my thought as well when I saw that Celebrity announcement.  It's part of the CSO, which is set to expire 10/31, but if that gets extended....wouldn't that mean no TAs would be allowed because they can't go from leaving an international port back to the US without the non-passenger 14-day quarantine first?