AOS out Nassau now requiring indoor masking

Just now, mabt said:

Sure, but it is still Royal's decision to make.  They can't pass the buck to the CDC on this one.

Exactly. I'd be pissed too. In fact, I am. I have a Princess cruise (ONLY 100% fully vaccinated can cruise on Princes BTW) coming up where I now must wear a mask. I am considering cancelling and moving to Royal because at least Royal has maskless zones. Princess does not! 

2 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

That won't do anything but deprive you of a good drink🤔  But if you feel better, sad you're not on my cruise, I would be following you pretty close.......😇

Just order another one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jasongoldberg said:

Maybe I’m losing it …. Didn’t they change the 3 day pre cruise test to antigen OR PCR?  This latest email says PCR ONLY. 

I contacted Michael Bailey's office and they said it is still either.  I printed the email to take with me.

Edited by karena1
  • Like 2

Just now, HBCcruiser said:

Exactly. I'd be pissed too. In fact, I am. I have a Princess cruise (ONLY 100% fully vaccinated can cruise on Princes BTW) coming up where I now must wear a mask. I am considering cancelling and moving to Royal because at least Royal has maskless zones. Princess does not! 

Well, no way would I bet that those maskless zones won't change and everyone will be required to wear a mask everywhere except outside and in cabins.

The hysterics that are going on right now are unbelievable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jentravelrn said:

Suspect they must have had more positive cases on this week's sailing...

Most likely the reason along with seeing what happened on 2 of carnival's ships that are sailing at 95% vaccinated and no masks and they have problems this week as well as last weeks passengers getting home and testing positive.  

4 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Come on guys, things have changed with the pandemic in the last couple weeks, blame it, not Royal, the whole country, the government, heck the whole planet, they're all going back to masks because of Delta...it is what it is.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mek said:

You can say that again.  But we're all in the same boat, cruise or no cruise.  Now they want people to be vaccinated AND masked again to even get into a restaurant...geez.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mek said:

I think the main issue is that people on these cruises were sold the cruise assuming it would be a maskless experience for vaccinated pax. I know that was one reason why I booked the AOS July cruise and the Princess (100% vaccinated pax only). Check out what NCL currently states on their site:

Benefits of 100% Vaccination Requirements*

Breathe freely and witness smiles everywhere you go!

Get up close and personal with confidence, everyone on board is vaccinated.

Dine in any of our restaurants mask-free, including our self-service buffet. Plus enjoy all entertainment options.

Feel Free to take the shore excursion you’ve been dreaming of or explore on your own!

Appreciate the full Norwegian experience — all venues and experiences are entirely open.

Peace of mind knowing all guests and crew on board are fully vaccinated.

• Cruise Mask-free**
  • No Social Distancing Required
  • All Restaurants & Experiences Are Fully Open
  • No Restrictions on Shore Excursions
  • No Capacity Restrictions
  • Surround Yourself in Safety
  • Like 4

They must have known I was upset… just got the royalup offer accepted for an Owner’s Suite  for Saturday’s sailing. 🤣 I’m already in the Bahamas. No backing out now. 

I posted this earlier… but does anyone know if once we board the ship, can we get back off to go downtown before departure at 9? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Protocols change and will continue based on what’s happening with Covid.

We were on Adventure a few weeks ago. We had one of the best cruises ever. The ship was spotless clean and the staff went above and beyond everywhere! Felt like we had the ship and coco cay to ourselves which probably will never happen again. We had to wear masks while in each port and it wasn’t that bad even outside. Inside the ship would be no issue. I’m saying this because we would still go even with mask requirements knowing how great of a cruise it turned out to be.

Thought this might help. Seems like a lot are canceling because of a little inconvenience for safety and would hate for others to miss a great cruise. 

Edited by CruisingHogFan
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BecciBoo said:

But you got to go and had a great time, don't forget.  The rest of us may not even get to go...who knows.

Oh believe me, I was blessed. I just feel for everyone here and on the Princess site getting ready to board a cruise. The last minute notice is what stinks. 

6 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

I think the main issue is that people on these cruises were sold the cruise assuming it would be a maskless experience for vaccinated pax. I know that was one reason why I booked the AOS July cruise and the Princess (100% vaccinated pax only). Check out what NCL currently states on their site:

Dine in any of our restaurants mask-free, including our self-service buffet. Plus enjoy all entertainment options.

Feel Free to take the shore excursion you’ve been dreaming of or explore on your own!

Appreciate the full Norwegian experience — all venues and experiences are entirely open.

• Cruise Mask-free**

Perhaps you misunderstood my post.  I think people have a 100% right to be pissed off. The hysterics I referred to is by the protocols that the cruise lines are suddenly requiring.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mek said:

Well, no way would I bet that those maskless zones won't change and everyone will be required to wear a mask everywhere except outside and in cabins.

People are entitled to be frustrated and vent.  I hope they chose to take a deep breath and sleep on it before canceling 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

• Cruise Mask-free**

Sounds great but is Norwegian even sailing yet?     Changes happen every day.

6 minutes ago, mek said:

Perhaps you misunderstood my post.  I think people have a 100% right to be pissed off. The hysterics I referred to is by the protocols that the cruise lines are suddenly requiring.

Sorry, I misunderstood you as well

11 minutes ago, mek said:

Ahhh got it and agreed. 😉.  A little warning to paxs would have been nice... 

Edited by HBCcruiser

We're set to go out Saturday and although we are not cancelling, I'm both angry and upset. I was talking to one of my teens and she said the thing she is now dreading is that any time masks are required, there are ALWAYS so many people who don't comply. And when you are complying even though you don't want to and then see other people not complying, it just frustrates you even further. And we both suspect there will be a lot of that on our cruise next week because everyone is so mad about the last minute change. 

Heck, we're running around the house trying to find an extra 25 masks because we weren't planning on all 4 of us needing them everyday and we fly out at 8 tomorrow morning! We already had planned on using all of our cloth masks the week immediately following the cruise because we are heading straight to Disney. So we're scrambling to find disposables for the cruise as we are zipping up the suitcases. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, WeatherFx said:

If you cancel due to the new requirements, can you get refunded on your airfare as well if booked through Air2Sea? Or do you take the hit on the airfare.

yes... at least that is what I was told....but it can take 45 days

16 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Seems like a lot are canceling because of a little inconvenience for safety and would hate for others to miss a great cruise. 

I say - let them cancel. We'll have a less crowded cruise. 🙂

I never took my mask off after getting vaccinated in any indoor public places. My kid will be wearing a mask in school (thank goodness, it's required as of today), so he'll be used to it. It's really not that big of an inconvenience in exchange for increased safety.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Most likely the reason along with seeing what happened on 2 of carnival's ships that are sailing at 95% vaccinated and no masks and they have problems this week as well as last weeks passengers getting home and testing positive.  

"After a "small number of positive cases" of Covid-19 were detected aboard a Carnival Cruise Line ship, a new fleetwide mask policy requiring all guests to wear masks in some indoor areas was implemented ahead of schedule, the cruise line said"

Edited by ONECRUISER