Royal email "You volunteered, here’s what’s next!"

Baowen

On 8/7/2021 at 6:04 PM, Jasukkie said:

It's really interesting they don't tell you which sailing you've received an invitation to. I could only do Oasis as I'm going to be on Ovation until 9/17 so no way to test before the Galveston cruise the next day. And I can't clear my schedule for the 2 day in Florida. Hopefully these will be going out in batches, not giving up yet! Congrats to all who received it so far. I'm Diamond by the way.

36 minutes ago, allisonb22 said:

any new updates? i'm assuming all winners were picked as of yesterday. happy for everyone that has been picked! so so jealous!! 

It appears that everyone picked for the program has been picked. Now it's a waiting game to see which boat you are assigned. The volunteers for the first sailing, Mariner of the Seas, have been notified. All other sailings are still waiting to be assigned. I've never checked my email so much waiting for news.

• Like 1

So far has anyone been invited on the Oasis of the Seas?  Im wondering if people are thinking the email they received a few days ago with the link to enter to win means they won.  I find it interesting that people are saying they got an email but no follow up to a ship.  Anyone invited to sail from NJ or Texas ?  So far on FB people are saying they are on the  Mariner out of Florida.  

2 minutes ago, Tinkbelle87 said:

I've never checked my email so much waiting for news

SAME, haha. I have refreshed my email repeatedly in hopes of seeing a "congrats, you've been picked!" hopeful that there were more people getting selected. oh well, i am staying hopeful that there will be enough people who can't make it that they will select more...... staying optimistic. haha

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 4:39 PM, garywatson said:

Just curious about something - a Pinnacle is a Pinnacle because they can afford to go cruising pretty much when ever they feel like it, no?  Why would somebody in that class be interested in an inflexible volunteer cruise where you might be jammed into an inside cabin, quarantined, evacuated, and otherwise abused?  Just to save the cruise fare?  I'm only an Emerald and getting the cruise for free is not a key motivator in my case.

On other test cruises all volunteers had balcony cabins, some had suite assignments.    

You do risk being classified as unvaccinated for test cruise.

If the continue as they have done, no volunteers were selected for quarantine, evacuation, etc.  Only RCl employees, from office, etc were given those roles for the test cruises.

For me, being part of a test cruise would be excellent.  You know it will be a very safe cruise too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Waterluv said:

I’m going to hold out hope😏 I’m going to check 1st thing Monday morning and I’m expecting a big Congratulations and an Invite 🤩

1 hour ago, allisonb22 said:

SAME, haha. I have refreshed my email repeatedly in hopes of seeing a "congrats, you've been picked!" hopeful that there were more people getting selected. oh well, i am staying hopeful that there will be enough people who can't make it that they will select more...... staying optimistic. haha

I must have checked my email at least 1000 times, waiting and hoping but still no luck. Hoping that all the people who would have to fly in for Mariner decide it wouldn’t be worth it and they need more volunteers. We’re just a short drive from port and could go at short notice. 

3 hours ago, perfect match said:

I must have checked my email at least 1000 times, waiting and hoping but still no luck. Hoping that all the people who would have to fly in for Mariner decide it wouldn’t be worth it and they need more volunteers. We’re just a short drive from port and could go at short notice. 

FWIW, I also got a text in addition to the email. The text came in about an hour or so before the email. It was very nondescript containing only the word congratulations and a link. I’m not foolish enough to click on links from an anonymous source like that. I immediately deleted it so I couldn’t go back and see if it was the notification that preceded the email. Given the word congratulations in the heading however, this mirrored the heading of the email so I tend to believe they both came from the same place and the text was legit.

That having been said, be very wary about opening anonymous texts.

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2021 at 10:05 PM, Merion_Mom said:

hoi polloi is Greek, meaning The Many.  It means the opposite of what you think it means.  🙂

Just a teacher, giving out free education.

On 8/7/2021 at 10:05 PM, Merion_Mom said:

hoi polloi is Greek, meaning The Many.  It means the opposite of what you think it means.  🙂

Just a teacher, giving out free education.

Thanks.  Never heard of it before so I just copied it.😊  

Retired Special Ed teacher here.  

53 minutes ago, Baowen said:

I got an invite for the Oasis!  I'm so excited.  Looking for airfare. I will have a one day turnaround before flying to New York.

Congrats!! 

Curious about how they are handling the details as we hope for the Liberty. 

Is it possible that you might post a copy (sanitized, of course) of the notification you received?

Thanks1

You’re officially invited to the six-night Oasis of the Seas® simulation voyage! As Royal Caribbean prepares for our operational return, this sailing will enable us to exercise our new health and safety protocols, while also ensuring an incredible vacation experience is preserved for our guests. Your participation in this event is voluntary and fully at your discretion. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention requires this written notification to advise all volunteer passengers that they are participating in health and safety protocols that are unproven and untested in the United States for purposes of simulating a cruise ship voyage and that sailing during a pandemic is an inherently risky activity. Only volunteers 18 years of age or older, who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days prior to the sail date, are eligible to join.

Your feedback will prove invaluable. We hope you’ll join us onboard!

Edited by Rewind

1 minute ago, maria1122 said:

Excuse me.  You do not know me.

I'm sorry if my post was unclear as being grateful to you for your chosen profession. My nephew, who is in his 30's but whose brain was almost destroyed by a fever when he was 3, has progressed as far as he has only through dedicated special needs teachers. 

And you are right. I don't know you. You mentioned it.

5 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

I'm sorry if my post was unclear as being grateful to you for your chosen profession. My nephew, who is in his 30's but whose brain was almost destroyed by a fever when he was 3, has progressed as far as he has only through dedicated special needs teachers. 

And you are right. I don't know you. You mentioned it.