Royal email "You volunteered, here’s what’s next!"

Baowen

27 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are D+.  Hoping for Oasis as we are 15 minutes from Cape Liberty.  You know it will probably be Galveston!!

Don’t worry it won’t be for Galveston.  They already sent out their invites.

Received my email and text at 3:37 CDT. 

Never set foot on an RCI ship in my life. Months ago when it was first announced they were accepting statements of interest to join a simulated cruise, I sent them an email. 

This past Thursday night near midnight, I received the email inviting me to enter the "contest". I entered the allotted 12 times. 

Already on a cruise that covers the first two published sailing dates so hoping they we get Galveston. We are only about a 4 hour drive away. Wondering if the "winners" were selected in part due to proximity to the port to which said "winner" will be assigned. 

Time will tell I suppose.  

20 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Received my email and text at 3:37 CDT. 

Never set foot on an RCI ship in my life. Months ago when it was first announced they were accepting statements of interest to join a simulated cruise, I sent them an email. 

This past Thursday night near midnight, I received the email inviting me to enter the "contest". I entered the allotted 12 times. 

Already on a cruise that covers the first two published sailing dates so hoping they we get Galveston. We are only about a 4 hour drive away. Wondering if the "winners" were selected in part due to proximity to the port to which said "winner" will be assigned. 

Time will tell I suppose.  

No.  Its random

4 minutes ago, lowroller said:

I wonder how many no-shows there will be. I know I wouldn't fly (paying for the flight) for a 2 day cruise.

I was invited to five of these and you are entirely correct.    I flew to Seattle because it was five days and that’s what made it worthwhile

I got my text and email at 1:37 my time (Pacific)  So, I don't know if they sent them all out at once but  @BGwest said they received theirs at 3:37 . So maybe that points to a mass text/email send?

what happens if people who are selected can't sail? do you think they will open it up to more people?

I can sail on any of the sailings and would be willing to fly. Would be willing to cancel my Cancun trip for the end of Aug to get on the oasis test cruise!!

23 minutes ago, ericfromri said:

I was invited to five of these and you are entirely correct.    I flew to Seattle because it was five days and that’s what made it worthwhile

@ericfromri  How long between finding out you had been selected for the simulation cruise until they told you the details? (If that's how it worked for the first round of sim cruises)

Beth

10 minutes ago, Baowen said:

@ericfromri  How long between finding out you had been selected for the simulation cruise until they told you the details? (If that's how it worked for the first round of sim cruises)

Beth

The invitation received was one specifically for each cruise with all the details in the email of what I was volunteering for.  I picked the longest one and that was Ovation.   
It was different for us as some of the  pinnacles were invited individually for each one

1 minute ago, ericfromri said:

The invitation received was one specifically for each cruise with all the details in the email of what I was volunteering for.  I picked the longest one and that was Ovation.   
It was different for us as some of the  pinnacles were invited individually for each one

Do you remember the health questions they asked on the App?  I believe the day before sailing.

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

Do you remember the health questions they asked on the App?  I believe the day before sailing.

It was just  about have you been around anyone with coronavirus have you had any symptoms it was it and there was no temperature or  pcr test before or after or during

7 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

They did say tomorrow.  So maybe some went out earlier, a d the rest tomorrow.

In the group for volunteers of the seas…one of the moderators posted that all winners had been notified if they were selected, and to look out for more details about which cruise soon. 

Edited by ryanbarckley

1 minute ago, ericfromri said:

It was just  about have you been around anyone with coronavirus have you had any symptoms it was it and there was no temperature or  pcr test before or after or during

Thanks, so they basically are asking the same questions with a coronavirus twist.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maria1122 said:

Yes, we were chosen, and yes we are pinnacle but we don’t consider our selves hoi polloi.  We are just simple retired people that now enjoy cruising.  Someday I hope you become pinnacle, but till then I hope you also will get an email today or tomorrow for a free cruise. 👍

hoi polloi is Greek, meaning The Many.  It means the opposite of what you think it means.  🙂

Just a teacher, giving out free education.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1