Royal email "You volunteered, here’s what’s next!"

Baowen

58 minutes ago, oracer said:

Does anyone know if you can just be a solo passenger on these test cruises?

3 minutes ago, cbtravel1 said:

I hope so because for me any cruise except Port Canaveral I will be solo.

Absolutely 

• Like 1

As a member of the lowliest loyalty class, I appreciate Royal doing at least one thing that gives the hoi polloi an equal chance (even if we have to submit more forms). It's as if some upper echelon think everything should automatically go to them first!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, spintowin said:

Do you think they will require us to show up with covid test results? 

The invite that my friend got to Tuesday's Mariner test sailing said tests are required.  That said there is not much time now to get one by Tuesday since they are not announcing the winners until tomorrow

23 minutes ago, molly361 said:

The invite that my friend got to Tuesday's Mariner test sailing said tests are required.  That said there is not much time now to get one by Tuesday since they are not announcing the winners until tomorrow

How did your friend get an invite if they’re not being announced until tomorrow?

2 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

How did your friend get an invite if they’re not being announced until tomorrow?

She's a travel agent not part of the contest.  She got invited she did not win it

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mayleeman said:

As a member of the lowliest loyalty class, I appreciate Royal doing at least one thing that gives the hoi polloi an equal chance (even if we have to submit more forms). It's as if some upper echelon think everything should automatically go to them first!

Typical feelings until you are no longer a member of the lowliest loyalty class. This coming from a lower tier member, but someone who is top tier in many other travel loyalty programs. I would expect priority over lower tiers, that is the whole concept of the program. 

That said, this isn't related to the loyalty program, so I do also like the way they did it. 

Edited by tcrandal
  • Like 2

On 8/6/2021 at 1:59 PM, long4acruise said:

I believe I had submitted my name to volunteer quite awhile ago. I seldom log onto FB, so it must have been in reply to a RC email requesting volunteers.  Not sure if it was the absolute criteria but we are Pinnacle.

Just curious about something - a Pinnacle is a Pinnacle because they can afford to go cruising pretty much when ever they feel like it, no?  Why would somebody in that class be interested in an inflexible volunteer cruise where you might be jammed into an inside cabin, quarantined, evacuated, and otherwise abused?  Just to save the cruise fare?  I'm only an Emerald and getting the cruise for free is not a key motivator in my case.

• Like 2

I just got this email!

Dear Volunteer,

This is it! Congratulations! 🎉🎉🎉

You have been selected as one of our Volunteers of the Seas participants!

We’re extremely excited to be welcoming you onboard! We appreciate all the faith and optimism you have shared with us throughout the last year and your desire to assist when we asked for help to prepare our ships for our return to service!

As we get closer to your sailing, you’ll receive your formal invitation that you need to fill out with all of your details for you and your guest. You’ll also need to complete a form required by the CDC. Be on the lookout for an email from our special events email address - RCGSpecialEvents@rccl.com. Make sure not to miss out on it!

We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!

Sincerely,

Volunteers of the Seas Team

Royal Caribbean International

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Baowen said:

I just got this email!

Dear Volunteer,

We’re extremely excited to be welcoming you onboard! We appreciate all the faith and optimism you have shared with us throughout the last year and your desire to assist when we asked for help to prepare our ships for our return to service!

As we get closer to your sailing, you’ll receive your formal invitation that you need to fill out with all of your details for you and your guest. You’ll also need to complete a form required by the CDC. Be on the lookout for an email from our special events email address - RCGSpecialEvents@rccl.com. Make sure not to miss out on it!

Sincerely,

As the author of this thread, I wonder if Royal noticed your post here on CC and selected you as a result of this post?  

7 minutes ago, Baowen said:

I just got this email!

Dear Volunteer,

Sincerely,

You won, but you don't know what you won yet, right?  I don't see a ship listed.

9 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just got our email also!  Doesn’t say which cruise or which of us got picked.  Stay tuned apparently.
entered yesterday!!!!

Who was the email from, don’t want it ending up in spam.