Royal email "You volunteered, here’s what’s next!"

Baowen

51 minutes ago, Baowen said:

I just got this email!

Dear Volunteer,

This is it! Congratulations! 🎉🎉🎉

You have been selected as one of our Volunteers of the Seas participants!

We’re extremely excited to be welcoming you onboard! We appreciate all the faith and optimism you have shared with us throughout the last year and your desire to assist when we asked for help to prepare our ships for our return to service!

As we get closer to your sailing, you’ll receive your formal invitation that you need to fill out with all of your details for you and your guest. You’ll also need to complete a form required by the CDC. Be on the lookout for an email from our special events email address - RCGSpecialEvents@rccl.com. Make sure not to miss out on it!

We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!

Sincerely,

Volunteers of the Seas Team

Royal Caribbean International

congrats!!  

Also - as people chime in on the thread with their acceptance letters, could they each also state their C&A status?   I’m curious if they are still working through the pinnacle list first,  

thanks! 

Edited by BSocial
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dahirsh said:

So, how far are people considering traveling from?  I'm in NC and don't really want to fly so I'm looking at a serious drive for any of the three.

If I get picked I hope they let me select Galveston. NOT flying anywhere at this point for any of my next 4 booked cruises. Galveston is a day-trip for us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mayleeman said:

As a member of the lowliest loyalty class, I appreciate Royal doing at least one thing that gives the hoi polloi an equal chance (even if we have to submit more forms). It's as if some upper echelon think everything should automatically go to them first!

Yes, we were chosen, and yes we are pinnacle but we don’t consider our selves hoi polloi.  We are just simple retired people that now enjoy cruising.  Someday I hope you become pinnacle, but till then I hope you also will get an email today or tomorrow for a free cruise. 👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, garywatson said:

Just curious about something - a Pinnacle is a Pinnacle because they can afford to go cruising pretty much when ever they feel like it, no?  Why would somebody in that class be interested in an inflexible volunteer cruise where you might be jammed into an inside cabin, quarantined, evacuated, and otherwise abused?  Just to save the cruise fare?  I'm only an Emerald and getting the cruise for free is not a key motivator in my case.

I take 10 to 15 cruises a year.    next year I have 24 booked for a total of 270 nights.  I spent $1000 flying out to Seattle to take the ovation test cruise last week and I would do it again just to be part of cruise lines returning to sailing safe.   They need us to practice their protocols and then see how people respond     this is very important and I am happy to help.  

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, BSocial said:

congrats!!  

Also - as people chime in on the thread with their acceptance letters, could they each also state their C&A status?   I’m curious if they are still working through the pinnacle list first,  

thanks! 

I'm Not Pinnacle - Diamond Plus

• Like 1

It's really interesting they don't tell you which sailing you've received an invitation to. I could only do Oasis as I'm going to be on Ovation until 9/17 so no way to test before the Galveston cruise the next day. And I can't clear my schedule for the 2 day in Florida. Hopefully these will be going out in batches, not giving up yet! Congrats to all who received it so far. I'm Diamond by the way.

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

As the author of this thread, I wonder if Royal noticed your post here on CC and selected you as a result of this post?  

Uh, hardly. It's being run by a third party so that people can lose the conspiracy theories, but yet they still are here. Many will win, they are giving away 1125..

27 minutes ago, hince57 said:

am i a wuss for thinking i've already missed out since i havent' received an email yet?!

😀

Me too. Already resigned to it.  And so sad. Gold with Royal.. Had a Carnival cruise booked for Sept 7 that they cancelled almost 3 weeks ago. It's our 25th anniversary on Sept 1. Had initially planned to go to Hawaii but we cancelled that amidst the peak of covid. Well, we do have the Odyssey of the Seas booked for Feb....so at least there is that. 

Edited by laumicmah
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

It's really interesting they don't tell you which sailing you've received an invitation to. I could only do Oasis as I'm going to be on Ovation until 9/17 so no way to test before the Galveston cruise the next day. And I can't clear my schedule for the 2 day in Florida. Hopefully these will be going out in batches, not giving up yet! Congrats to all who received it so far. I'm Diamond by the way.

I hope they don't pick me for the 8/11 Mariner as I'm sailing on the Ovation 8/13.

8 minutes ago, Baowen said:

I hope they don't pick me for the 8/11 Mariner as I'm sailing on the Ovation 8/13.

Got our invite as well.  We’re on same Ovation this Friday.  See you at Sail Away, 5:30, North Star Bar.  Can’t do Mariner.  Oasis would be a quick turnaround but doable.  D+

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tinkbelle87 said:

Just found out I've been selected! Platinum member here. So beyond excited! Never won anything like this in my life!

That's awesome! It does sound like it was truly random then.