Royal email "You volunteered, here’s what’s next!"

Baowen

10 minutes ago, lovelife said:

MDR was open on the test cruise.  Windjammer was open for breakfast and lunch only.  We got half off all specialty food, drinks, Internet, etc.  Just shy of 400 passengers on board and it was glorious!  Not sure what you mean "can you use about it."

Tell us about it😉

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Tell us about it😉

There is a "LIVE - Independence simulation cruise 8/1" by vplsh.  I included several photos and comments.

Can't seem to include the link.  The review is on page four.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SummerRoze said:

I’m confused as to why you are upset about this? I’m not a C&A member but I had 12 entries available. Is that seen as a problem?

The consensus seems to be that 'loyaly' isn't being 'rewarded' 😉

• Like 5

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I met a couple on Coco Cay that weren’t employees and were considered “unvaccinated”. Also when we were checking in Mike heard a couple being told they were also in the “unvaccinated” group and were told to go to a different area to be checked in.

Curious what type cabin were being assigned?

33 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Curious what type cabin were being assigned?

I don’t know about the “unvaccinated”, but we were in a balcony. I would think it wouldn’t make a difference if they were in OV, inside or balcony cabins so I would assume they were also in balconies. I could be totally wrong though. 😀

6 hours ago, long4acruise said:

I hope the notification is via email versus a phone call. Enough spam calls and some only answer calls from recognized callers.

I said no to the calls or texts question.

does that instantly disqualify me? I don't think so....else why ask?

28 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I don’t know about the “unvaccinated”, but we were in a balcony. I would think it wouldn’t make a difference if they were in OV, inside or balcony cabins so I would assume they were also in balconies. I could be totally wrong though. 😀

Thank you. Wouldn’t want to be stuck in an inside or OV. 

This looks like a closed loop cruise.  My passport has been submitted for renewal due to a booked ?cruise in March 22.  Does anyone know if you are required to present a passport?  I am only looking at the Oasis of the Seas cruise in 2 weeks and trying to get an emergency passport seems like such a hassle.

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

But C&A could also submit up to 12 entries. Just that the initial entry was X number of the 12 based on C&A level (gold for me so 2 entries....I could then submit 10 more).

1 hour ago, laumicmah said:

But C&A could also submit up to 12 entries. Just that the initial entry was X number of the 12 based on C&A level (gold for me so 2 entries....I could then submit 10 more).

FWIW, I'm fine with the 'contest' since Royal already invited us on the early test cruises

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

We're just Gold but I still submitted 12 entries each for myself and my husband.

I'm curious about a statement in this information

PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all port fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to ground or air transportation, automobile insurance, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, gratuities, surcharges, service charges or facility charges, security fees and/or other expenses, are the responsibility solely of winner.

Do  you have to pay for meals on board?  Guess we'll know soon if we've been chosen.

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Oh, got it. Thanks for explaining it to me, I appreciate it. Well maybe if I do get picked in the contest I’ll end up one of the designated cruisers that are considered unvaccinated. That might make some C&A members happy 🤣
I’m just a cruise enthusiast, and can’t wait to get back on a ship no matter how that happens!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kicia said:

We're just Gold but I still submitted 12 entries each for myself and my husband.

I'm curious about a statement in this information

PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all port fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to ground or air transportation, automobile insurance, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, gratuities, surcharges, service charges or facility charges, security fees and/or other expenses, are the responsibility solely of winner.

Do  you have to pay for meals on board?  Guess we'll know soon if we've been chosen.

Only pay for specialty venues, and those were 50% off

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

FWIW, I'm fine with the 'contest' since Royal already invited us on the early test cruises

I’ve spent some time off CC, so excuse me if I missed this, but how did you get on the earlier cruises?

23 minutes ago, 100viper said:

I’ve spent some time off CC, so excuse me if I missed this, but how did you get on the earlier cruises?

from what i understand, pinnacle, media, and TAs got invited on the previous simulation cruises.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1