Kids charge

H3one6B

I'm so confused how Carnival can now charge me another $150 pp for my 3 kids under 12 that can't be vaccinated...... Am I crazy to be upset about this? I would totally understand if it was an option that I am choosing not to vaccinate but it's not??? I am with everyone else this is the 4th time we have rescheduled and each time I have had to pay more (so at this point my OBC is just replaced by the extra chargers I have paid). We love Carnival and Love cruising but this is starting to get out of control.

• Like 1

CVS giving test for free. Other places show a cost but are being covered 100% by insurance is the right checks are put in place. For example I think they have to put that the test is for travel and is a preventive measurement for insurance to cover it. This is all hear-say so don't print that. 😉

Carnival says insurance required for all unvaccinated but they will waive the cost of insurance for under age 12.

I expect once lower ages can vaccinate the age of covered insurance will drop. Anyone unvaccinated will pay more imo the longer this plays out. Expect soon to pay more for insurance for your kids the way I read it. 

• Like 2

My kids who are 11 and 13  always sail every cruise with with us ..... not this time in 3 weeks. No way in hell would I sail with 3 unvaxxed kids. They get covid aboard and they test positive, you're all getting tested and quarantined for 10 days God knows where .... hope you have deep pockets. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

My kids who are 11 and 13  always sail every cruise with with us ..... not this time in 3 weeks. No way in hell would I sail with 3 unvaxxed kids. They get covid aboard and they test positive, you're all getting tested and quarantined for 10 days God knows where .... hope you have deep pockets. 

That is a very mature way of looking at it. And I agree with you 100%. Thank you for saying that! I wish more people had you attitude! 👍

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

At this point, I would argue that the health risk to an unvaccinated child is too high for them to cruise. Up until Delta, Covid wasn't too bad to kids. That is no longer the case. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

We are vaccinated, and I have an 11 and a 9 yo kid (who needless to say aren’t).  I share your concerns, and I wouldn’t take them on a cruise that’s 5 nights or longer , and which visits multiple countries, and where we will all be tested multiple times including before returning to the US. 

But we feel comfortable taking them on a quick 3 night cruise from Miami that only visits the cruise line’s private island, spends a day at sea, and comes right back to Miami. Due to the short duration of the cruise, the kids will only need to be tested before boarding. They won’t need to be tested again. If heavens forbids they do get sick during the two in between days, the ship would return to Miami. And to be on the super safe side, we have purchased travel insurance. 

I do respect and support you or anybody who wishes to either not sail or leave the kids at home at this time, I’m just sharing what our plans are for the benefit of anybody reading who may be torn and in the same predicament. 

No matter what, I look forward to the day when we can all cruise again without the current limitations. Hopefully we’ll all be there soon! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Brew12 said:

At this point, I would argue that the health risk to an unvaccinated child is too high for them to cruise. Up until Delta, Covid wasn't too bad to kids. That is no longer the case. 

I’ve struggled with that one as well. But then I compared the cruise line’s health protocols with my kid’s school protocols.  My kids returned to school yesterday with zero mask mandate, zero testing, zero social distancing, zero sanitation protocols,, zero vaccination requirements for the teachers, zero virtual options, and needless to say, none of the kids are vaccinated.

So it dawned on me that the kids are much more at risk attending school, than going on a cruise where there are strict health protocols, at least when compared to what the schools are doing. To be perfectly frank I’m much, MUCH more concerned that my kids are going to get sick by going to school than by going on a 3 night cruise to a private island where they’ll be in a bubble, and where they’ll need to follow a litany of procedures including mask mandates, PCR testing, distancing, etc. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tapi said:

I do respect and support you or anybody who wishes to either not sail or leave the kids at home at this time,

I’ve got no skin in the game regarding children but would strongly urge my daughter to NOT bring her unvaccinated kids on a cruise.

Bu the way, some of the comments above are way over the top.  The kids didn’t have a say in their vaccination status.  The parent’s intent (giving their children a nice vacation) is admirable yet not wise considering the many other travel options where risk is reduced.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, H3one6B said:

I'm so confused how Carnival can now charge me another $150 pp for my 3 kids under 12 that can't be vaccinated...... Am I crazy to be upset about this? I would totally understand if it was an option that I am choosing not to vaccinate but it's not??? I am with everyone else this is the 4th time we have rescheduled and each time I have had to pay more (so at this point my OBC is just replaced by the extra chargers I have paid). We love Carnival and Love cruising but this is starting to get out of control.

They are trying to incentivize you and others just to move your bookings until next year so we can ride out whatever this is. 

Also Honestly. I wouldn't bring unvaccinated children onboard a cruise while we are still in the middle of a pandemic. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DGNewton said:

Good for Carnival - charge for the risk providers that are unvaccinated to discourage them from cruising.   DUH......

2 hours ago, Brew12 said:

Unfortunately, this just reflects the extra costs that Carnival has to have unvaccinated individuals sail. 

Vaccinated passengers are also required to be tested as of 8/14

3 hours ago, firedisney97 said:

I don't know that it makes a difference now - EVERYONE vaccinated or not has to report to embarkation with a negative test result - we are looking at $139-$225 depending on what test we get, and we are vaccinated

Why are you paying for a test? Especially since you may have been exposed by the neighbors who just tested positive, and you were at the birthday party for and afraid that you may been exposed.

wink, 😉 

11 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Vaccinated passengers are also required to be tested as of 8/14

Yes, but tests prior to boarding are normally free. Carnival is charging to cover testing while onboard.

• Like 1

It has been pretty clear that the Carnival, and other cruise lines, are making it very difficult for un vaccinated passengers to cruise.

I know it's unfair because your children are too young to get vaccinated but the testing fee is for ALL unvaccinated guests, not just those under 12.

It is an added cost and it is good to be reminded that everyone has to incur these costs.

There are a lot of other vacation options for your children that do not require an extra cost. I would do that until your children can get vaccinated. But remember that until things calm down with this virus, there are going to be restrictions and added costs, no matter what your vaccination status is.

• Like 2