Ft Lauderdale hotel options 11-13-21

NCTribeFan

I'm  agonizing over this.  For my past several cruises out of Port Everglades, I've flown down the morning of sailing.  Yes, I'm fully aware of the risks involved.  I have an early SW nonstop flight that gets me in at 9:40. 

But now, I'm in a mild panic due to the stories I'm reading about flight cancellations thanks to pilot and crew shortages and decided I should probably change my flight and arrive the day before.

Except I can't find an affordable hotel.  I often stay at the Hyatt Place across from Embassy Suites but it's showing as sold out!  It's never been sold out, even back in the days when there were multiple, huge ships sailing that weekend.  I thought about sending a request to ValueTrips hoping that they might have rooms there but didn't know if that would work.

Prices at other nearby hotels are outrageous.  I mean, this isn't mid-winter high season and isn't a holiday.  The HIE is over $300.  Since I last searched a couple of weeks ago, the Hyatt Place Dania Beach is also sold out.  I can't find that anything exceptional is happening in the area that weekend, so just don't know what's up with the prices and availability.

Slightly more affordable options are the HIE and Hyatt House, both in Dania Beach.  Price for 1 person is about the same for these (just under $200).

Another option is the yet-to-open Avid Hotel, which is west of the airport.  Doesn't appear to be much around that area but at $125 for a brand-new hotel, I could live off vending machine snacks for one night.  I mean, I'll certainly make up for that over the next 10 days!

I'm a senior female travelling solo, so don't want to end up somewhere unsafe just to save a few $s.  I could use some advice!  Thanks.

Thanks.  I'll check out Plantation.  Would like free shuttle from the airport but I'll pay for an taxi/Uber/Lyft if staying a little farther out saves $$ on the room.

Of course, I haven't even checked to see if it's reasonable to change my flight.  I'd probably be fine flying in the morning of, but I'd hate to end up missing my first cruise in 2 years just because I was being cheap and didn't want the expense the expense of a room for a night! 😑

About 10/11 years ago we stayed in Plantation.  Nice hotel, but the cruise morning enroute to the docks got stuck in traffic with the meter ticking.  On arrival $87.00 plus tip = $100.00 

Be warned…

Have you considered an airport hotel?

Have you checked out hotels on hotwire.com?  We got  4* Sonesta $220 night (Plus taxes and resort fee) for  1/1/22.  It is currently selling for more than $700 night plus taxes and resort fee.  Put in 4* and  FLL Beach area.    I believe the ratings are 4.3 from consumers.  When you click on the hotel, it will tell you that it is .7 miles from Galleria Mall.  That is the Sonesta!  FABULOUS property.  Terrific location.

1 hour ago, LadyBerard said:

Have you checked out hotels on hotwire.com?  We got  4* Sonesta $220 night (Plus taxes and resort fee) for  1/1/22.  It is currently selling for more than $700 night plus taxes and resort fee.  Put in 4* and  FLL Beach area.    I believe the ratings are 4.3 from consumers.  When you click on the hotel, it will tell you that it is .7 miles from Galleria Mall.  That is the Sonesta!  FABULOUS property.  Terrific location.

four of us staying there for 2 nights in April 2022,  it was the best price and not to must else available.  If you have time could you write a little review, thanks?

5 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Thanks.  I'll check out Plantation.  Would like free shuttle from the airport but I'll pay for an taxi/Uber/Lyft if staying a little farther out saves $$ on the room.

Of course, I haven't even checked to see if it's reasonable to change my flight.  I'd probably be fine flying in the morning of, but I'd hate to end up missing my first cruise in 2 years just because I was being cheap and didn't want the expense the expense of a room for a night! 😑

The Hyatt place does have a shuttle to the port, (at least they did 2 years ago) they do charge a fee don't know about from the airport, but shouldn't be to awful must for a taxi, or uber  as it is not that far.

2 hours ago, galelynn said:

four of us staying there for 2 nights in April 2022,  it was the best price and not to must else available.  If you have time could you write a little review, thanks?

All rooms at the Sonesta FLL Beach are oceanview.  There are no rooms with balconies though.  The pool area is very nice, with an outdoor bar.  The food is very good.  Around the corner is Primantis Pizza.  .Open 24 hours a day I believe.  Pizza is wonderful.  They also serve a nice breakfast at a reasonable price.  The beach is directly across the street.  You are provided with a beach lounger which is included in the cost of the hotel.  About 1/2 mile up the road from the hotel, you can catch the water taxi.  The Galleria is .7 miles up that same road.  In back of the hotel is the Parrot Bar.  Food is good and reasonably priced here, as are drinks.  There is also a liquor store about a block away.  We ALWAYS stay at the Sonesta when cruising out of FLL or MIA  We also stay here for our land vacations in Florida.