Suite Champagne

swjumbo

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

What did they leave for you?  Do you recall?  Perhaps there's a distinction being made between suite/other with regard to brand/quality?  Was there also a bottle of wine left for you?  Also drinkable?

I believe suites get  better California or French champagne while Aqua and Concierge get a cheaper Italian Prosecco. At least that was what you got pre Covid. 

On 8/8/2021 at 2:11 PM, wrk2cruise said:

On Edge a few weeks ago looked up the bottle of sparkling wine in our Sky Suite.   Retail on land was $5.38 per bottle, we left it in the suite.

Yes, it is vile. We had a sip and dumped the rest.  It is awful

2 hours ago, canderson said:

What did they leave for you?  Do you recall?  Perhaps there's a distinction being made between suite/other with regard to brand/quality?  Was there also a bottle of wine left for you?  Also drinkable?

As of 2019 when I last cruised the upper suites that got champagne were given Perrier-Jouët.

Depending on your butler and how you treat them they will usually bend some rules and aim to please. 

If you aren’t demanding and don’t treat them as a slave or think that you are the only ones that they have to serve they will do as much as they can.

Naturally a healthy reward is what they are after that is over and beyond their auto grat

We have talked to the butlers and found out a lot.  We aren’t demanding and have learned that they don’t like those that are because they feel entitled and want more than they should get 

One time we were walking back to our cabin both carrying a Old Fashion.   The butlers seen us and asked what it was and demanded to carry it for us. We thanked him and said we can do it our selves.   He asked what is in it and we said Woodford Reserve Double Oak.   Every night after he had 2 full Manhattan glass full of Woodford Double Oak  in our cabin.    It wasn’t a Old Fashion but he meant well and many times I enjoyed sipping on it 🥃during  the very late hours watching the sea and life go sitting on the veranda and then passing out and waking up seeing the sun rise 🌅

Life is great

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, George C said:

Some butlers are great some not so much and it doesn’t matter if you are in a sky suite or a penthouse.

I have never had a "bad" butler, always always go over the top for anything requested.  I do also tend to use their services quite a bit but they also always are very generously tipped ($$).  They really work so hard.

7 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I have never had a "bad" butler, always always go over the top for anything requested.  I do also tend to use their services quite a bit but they also always are very generously tipped ($$).  They really work so hard.

We have never had a bad one either, just one who was annoying.   He would consistently  show up at our door to deliver/drop off something...dry cleaning/laundry, marketing propaganda, etc...shortly after 5 pm. Finally had to "request" he not knock on our door between between 5 and 7 pm.  Everything was always in our room by mid afternoon thereafter.  Usually at that time we were relaxing before dinner or trying to get ready to go out for a drink. Other than that he was fantastic.