Suite Champagne

swjumbo

They will deliver Champagne or any other drink to your room but they will also charge you for it (well sometimes the butler will comp a bottle or 2).  

My understanding is you can't use your drink package to have libations delivered but could pick it up at any bar.  You can either ask your butler (preferably in advance) or order on  Phone or TV.   

18 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The beverage package doesn’t cover beverages from room service.  
Your suite will have 1 bottle of sparkling wine or champagne (depending on the type of suite) in it when you board.

Agree but I had a butler ask us if we wanted a second bottle when we were in a sky suite. Royal suite and above gets champagne. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Agree but I had a butler ask us if we wanted a second bottle when we were in a sky suite. Royal suite and above gets champagne. 

We leave the sparkling wine in the suite when we leave, IMO not worthy of “the suite experience”.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

We leave the sparkling wine in the suite when we leave, IMO not worthy of “the suite experience”.  

I think I sent mine to Luminae the last time to have it used for Kir Royales. I don't drink sparkling wine otherwise.

1 minute ago, WonderMan3 said:

I think I sent mine to Luminae the last time to have it used for Kir Royales. I don't drink sparkling wine otherwise.

Kir Royale is my favourite drink. I was looking on the bar lists and I couldn’t see Creme de cassis on it but you’ve given me hope now! 😆

• Like 1

3 hours ago, swjumbo said:

Can we get champagne delivered to our sky suite or are we better to bring 4 bottles of our own on board?

I’ve tried to look on these forums with no success.

Thank you to all who reply. 

3 hours ago, canderson said:

Also, it's 2 bottles/cabin unless you have the B2B loophole.

XRay personnel don't have a list of who is in which stateroom, if each passenger takes two bottles each and pretend they don't know each other in the XRay line, you'll get them on; usually they really don't care if you bring more than two.

Or, your luggage winds up in X-Ray jail like mine did (for one piece with two bottles of wine) and your cabin mate's luggage is, too. 

Had to open my suitcase up to allow them to identify contents.  Two such suitcases with the same cabin # would prove embarrassing. 

No issue about the wine once we got there and identified it as such, but the idiots in security forgot to notify that they HAD it, all the luggage was delivered, and cabin steward was scrambling to find it for us.

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

Or, your luggage winds up in X-Ray jail like mine did (for one piece with two bottles of wine) and your cabin mate's luggage is, too. 

Had to open my suitcase up to allow them to identify contents.  Two such suitcases with the same cabin # would prove embarrassing. 

No issue about the wine once we got there and identified it as such, but the idiots in security forgot to notify that they HAD it, all the luggage was delivered, and cabin steward was scrambling to find it for us.

Yes, if you bring wine/bubbly, as the FAQs dictate, it should be carried on.  If you leave wine in your luggage that you drop off at the porter, unless you're lucky you'll need to visit the "naughty room" and possibly pay corkage fees.

On 8/4/2021 at 3:31 PM, sanger727 said:

I don't think anyone has suggested that the vaccine wears off after 13 weeks. The phase three trials showed that they were still effective after 6 months. I agree with @delondin. Curious if the actual question was if the 2nd jab was more than 13 weeks after the 1st jab. I believe the UK was recommended longer wait between shots than the manufacturers suggested. 

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

They will deliver Champagne or any other drink to your room but they will also charge you for it (well sometimes the butler will comp a bottle or 2).  

My understanding is you can't use your drink package to have libations delivered but could pick it up at any bar.  You can either ask your butler (preferably in advance) or order on  Phone or TV.   

Interesting the Celebrity UK add states you can have your butler deliver drinks within premium package.

CC2652A9-8628-46EF-9912-56AADBC1BB61.png

Bottles of wine are not within the premium package, or any package at all AFAIK

And you are reading into it if you expect that the butler can deliver the drinks to your room. It says you can enjoy them in your room. To slightly different things.

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Yes, if you bring wine/bubbly, as the FAQs dictate, it should be carried on.  If you leave wine in your luggage that you drop off at the porter, unless you're lucky you'll need to visit the "naughty room" and possibly pay corkage fees.

Wasn't carry-on only back then... long time back.  We had done this many times before and assumed bottle shape or label was clue enough.

Figured they would ID it as wine at security.  Never even knew there WAS a "luggage jail" until then, nor that they never open luggage to ID anything, and require the passenger to come down and claim.  Quite a new experience for us.

Back to topic ... we never drank the bubbly left for us either.  The $10 Pinot Noir got left behind, too.  OTOH, if you get that shore side concierge call a couple of weeks before sail date, you can improve on things a great deal. 

On 8/8/2021 at 5:23 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Intersting

I have always put our wine in our luggage, on EVERY cruise .

Never had an issue.

Now , I probably will!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, highway180 said:

Intersting

I have always put our wine in our luggage, on EVERY cruise .

Never had an issue.

Now , I probably will!!!

Years ago friends we were traveling with tried to smuggle in his luggage a bottle of tequila and it got broken somehow and all of his clothes smelled like stale tequila for a week. Lesson learned for us.

Edited by terrydtx

I carry on wine/champagne.  I have seen a few times people who experienced broken bottles in there luggage,  Pretty funny to me overall  Easy enough in a carry on bag.  Also have many times brought 4 bottles of wine, my cabin mate carries 2 I carry 2 never any issues with this overall.   This was all pre drink package times now with pkgs dont really find the need for it or hassle of it overall.  

7 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Why do they bother putting cheap wine in your room? My god, who would by a $5 bottle of wine? Certainly not someone who can afford to book. Celebrity . 

Hey, that Pinot is a TEN dollar bottle!🙃

I've always thought it a bit insulting, but have always blown it off and left it behind.

We are just back from the Apex - a bottle of decent champagne awaited us, extremely drinkable. Our butler also gave us 2 further bottles (same brand that was served in the Retreat Lounge and Bar) and ensured we had beer and soda at all times in our fridge (plus water!).

Very pleased with that all.

40 minutes ago, ian441672 said:

We are just back from the Apex - a bottle of decent champagne awaited us, extremely drinkable. Our butler also gave us 2 further bottles (same brand that was served in the Retreat Lounge and Bar) and ensured we had beer and soda at all times in our fridge (plus water!).

Very pleased with that all.

What did they leave for you?  Do you recall?  Perhaps there's a distinction being made between suite/other with regard to brand/quality?  Was there also a bottle of wine left for you?  Also drinkable?

14 minutes ago, canderson said:

What did they leave for you?  Do you recall?  Perhaps there's a distinction being made between suite/other with regard to brand/quality?  Was there also a bottle of wine left for you?  Also drinkable?

Cant recall sorry, just that it was the same branding as they pour for all suite guests in the Retreat Lounge. No wine, just champagne and beer and soda and water.