Federal Judge Grants NCL Preliminary Injunction v Florida

25 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Just to clarify, for Disney Cruise Lines, EVERYONE must create an account on the Inspire site. You then either choose to upload vaccine card, or upload your PCR test result taken 5 days before the cruise. You must have one of those to be clear to sail. This also let's Disney off the hook from validating the PCR test results, those are handled by the 3rd party as well.

For all the talk about faking CDC cards, I'm surprised no one even thought if people are faking their PCR test results too. Would be so much easier than faking the card.

I would imagine this speeds things up at the port as well.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Just to clarify, for Disney Cruise Lines, EVERYONE must create an account on the Inspire site. You then either choose to upload vaccine card, or upload your PCR test result taken 5 days before the cruise. You must have one of those to be clear to sail. This also let's Disney off the hook from validating the PCR test results, those are handled by the 3rd party as well.

For all the talk about faking CDC cards, I'm surprised no one even thought if people are faking their PCR test results too. Would be so much easier than faking the card.

Only adults (18+ I think) create an account on Safe Passage (Inspire Diagnostics), the guardians are suppose to upload the PCR tests and vaccine card pictures to their account for the children. This is where there is confusion, since the parental account will show as good, even if the children haven't meant the requirements. DCL should have had Inspire automatically create the sub accounts for children with them linked back to all adults in the state room.

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/2021/08/friendly-pre-embarkation-reminders-from-disney-cruise-line-preview-of-safe-passage-website/

Edited by ArthurUSCG
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ArthurUSCG said:

Only adults (18+ I think) create an account on Safe Passage (Inspire Diagnostics), the guardians are suppose to upload the PCR tests and vaccine card pictures to their account for the children. This is where there is confusion, since the parental account will show as good, even if the children haven't meant the requirements. DCL should have had Inspire automatically create the sub accounts for children with them linked back to all adults in the state room.

Adding my children to the Safe Passage site was super easy. Yes it is an extra step and you are right it should be automated to create the sub account. Learning pains as with all new systems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrapps said:

We are on Disney Cruise lines next month. Disney has done exactly this, instead of looking a the vaccination card themselves, they contracted with Inspire Diagnostics. We have to create an account on their site and upload our card in advance. After a few days, our status changed from Pending to Clear.

I can totally believe that during those few days, they were cross referencing the data from my card to some database. Or at least believe that if they don't do it today, they are building to that point. Cruise line's don't have to reinvent the wheel here, just hire a company that has already done the integration work.

I would be interested to see what they are actually checking.  Are they really confirming everyone onboard or just wanting proof and say, "That looks legit".  Disney shouldn't be a problem since they only have a few ships, but Royal and Carnival could be a nightmare.

10 minutes ago, bigdaddyyo said:

I would be interested to see what they are actually checking.  Are they really confirming everyone onboard or just wanting proof and say, "That looks legit".  Disney shouldn't be a problem since they only have a few ships, but Royal and Carnival could be a nightmare.

I think this is where relying on 3rd party companies helps. Doesn't matter how many ships you have, you contract the work out and it's the 3rd party that has to ramp up the resources.

As for what they are verifying...no idea. Pretty sure when I created the account I had to agree to their terms of service and gave them authority on my behalf to obtain whatever info necessary to clear me to sail.

As the documents for the appeal Florida files become available I will be keeping this up to date. It may not be instantaneous after each filing, but not too long after, generally. Included is a link to PACER if you want to watch for it yourself, but it'll potentially cost a small amount of money if you accumulate more than $30.00 in charges over a quarter. 🙂

US Court of Appeals, 11th District, Case 12729, NCLH v. Florida (2150.com)

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dswallow said:

As the documents for the appeal Florida files become available I will be keeping this up to date. It may not be instantaneous after each filing, but not too long after, generally. Included is a link to PACER if you want to watch for it yourself, but it'll potentially cost a small amount of money if you accumulate more than $30.00 in charges over a quarter. 🙂

US Court of Appeals, 11th District, Case 12729, NCLH v. Florida (2150.com)

Thank you!  I have the link bookmarked. 

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Right, all one needs to do is modify the date of some past test.

Biker, who wonders which fake is worse: card or test.

I’d think the fake test could be worse than the card.

2 hours ago, Tinkbelle87 said:

I would imagine this speeds things up at the port as well.

I would as well. 

I am 81 years old and have been on 60+ cruises all over the world.  I also have  very compromised immune system which is an indication that I shouldn't have the vaccine.  However, cruising is my only joy.  So I have to chose to enjoy what life I have left by taking the vaccine against my doctor's advice, or live a dull boring life.  I am taking my chances and getting the vaccine.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, orville99 said:

Only accurate on Bahamas and Western Caribbean cruises. Eastern Caribbean routes (through 10/31/21) that include the USVI are restricted to vaccinated-only for every passenger 12 YO and up. I expect Western Caribbean cruises will quickly morph to vaccinated-only as well.

Good to know. Thanks.

1 hour ago, salboz said:

I am 81 years old and have been on 60+ cruises all over the world.  I also have  very compromised immune system which is an indication that I shouldn't have the vaccine.  However, cruising is my only joy.  So I have to chose to enjoy what life I have left by taking the vaccine against my doctor's advice, or live a dull boring life.  I am taking my chances and getting the vaccine.

Best of luck to you!

My mom is 81 as well but didn't have a compromised immune system so her choice was much simpler.  The only passing thought was "is it safe?  any long-term effects?"

She laughed and said, "My long-term outlook is different than most"

She wants to enjoy today!  You do the same!

• Like 1

Folks,

This thread has had soooo many posts removed that it looks like Swiss cheese. Time to shut it down. Hopefully everyone will read the *NEW* Policy regarding COVID related Discussions rules AND REMEMBER THEM so their posts will not be reported and removed. ( And yes, I am shouting.)

Host Kat

• Like 7
  • Haha 1