Is Carnival traveling to the Cayman Islands?

bobbismith

4 minutes ago, bobbismith said:

If Cayman is closed then where are the ships going?

Bobbi

The port changes vary.  If you were scheduled GC, Jamaica and Cozumel on Horizon….your Western Caribbean will likely become an Eastern Caribbean.

Let us know your ship & date in order to help.

Edited by TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail

36 minutes ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

The port changes vary.  If you were scheduled GC, Jamaica and Cozumel on Horizon….your Western Caribbean will likely become an Eastern Caribbean.

We are sailing November 21 on the Pride out of Tampa.  Thanks!

Edited by bobbismith

1 hour ago, pitmindi said:

We are sailing on the same ship the week before. How can we find out about our itinerary.  I understand everything could change but we just had to pay our balance so now we’re really in.

like changes to itineraries from the  last few weeks I'm guessing

You'll get an email from Carnival/read it here or somewhere else or you'll log into your carnival account and see a different itinerary listed

Grand Cayman is not opening till the end of January.  Any port substitutions are pure speculation at this point.  As your cruise date gets closer, then Carnival will have a better idea where the different port stops stand regarding ship visitation and passenger dispersion.  It is in the terms and conditions that Carnival can change the port stops on a given cruise.

• Like 1

No, Caymans are closed to cruises until 2022. Carnival has not made itinerary changes because they have no clue where ships will travel to that far out. I suspect Carnival doesn't know where ships will be sailing to in September and expect many itinerary changes. People need to start liking Nassau, Bimini, Amber Cove, and HMC because I think that is going to be a bulk of the eastern Caribbean sailings soon.

14 hours ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

I am fine with whatever ports we go to. I am just anxious and excited.  I want to book excursions.  We have 4 ports on a 7 day cruise with 4 adults. That is alot of planning.  Bobbi

1 minute ago, bobbismith said:

I am fine with whatever ports we go to. I am just anxious and excited.  I want to book excursions.  We have 4 ports on a 7 day cruise with 4 adults. That is alot of planning.  Bobbi

As explained above, you will not be sailing to Grand Cayman due to the island’s (not Carnival’s) restrictions thru 2021.

My best personal guess is you WILL be going to Mahogany Bay, Belize and Cozumel.  You

MAY either be picking up a Central America port such Progresso or only get 3 ports.  

My recommendation is to research the 3 ports you are fairly certain won’t be canceled and book excursions there.  DON’T book anything at Grand Cayman

I hope things go as expected for you.  Bring a positive attitude and let things flow.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, pitmindi said:

We are sailing on the same ship the week before. How can we find out about our itinerary.  I understand everything could change but we just had to pay our balance so now we’re really in.

We are on the same cruise as you. If the Cayman remains closed I’m figuring 1of 3 choices. 
1. Add a sea day

2. Add key west

3. Add Costa Maya. 
If I was to guess I’m thinking #1

• Like 1