The Daily for Tuesday August 10, 2021

richwmn

Today is Islamic New Year, Lazy Day, National Spoil Your Dog Day, and Smithsonian Day

Life loves the liver of it. - Maya Angelou

Meal suggestion for today - Carolina Pulled Pork

Drink of the Day - Savoy Affair

Wine of the day - Atterns Pinot Grigio - Italy - White

Destination of the Day - Lisbon Portugal

Ships with Passengers

Glacier Bay
Nieuw Amsterdam 18:00 - 22:00

Ships without Passengers

At Sea Mediterranean
Eurodam Destination Piraeus GR eta 8/11

At Sea Pacific
Noordam Destination Ensenada MX eta 8/12
Zuiderdam Drifting Off Mexico

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

La Paz MX
Westerdam Anchorage

Long Beach
Koningsdam Anchorage

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Stirrup Cay
Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

Trieste IT
Rotterdam

0810Alaska.thumb.png.3056bb25491d41890f13e26da1d33911.png

0810NAmerica.thumb.png.d73aa3c29c5a505f68804886619425b3.png

0810Europe.thumb.png.81605beec2ed7c0dc2fa1dd21b8ee3b5.png

• Like 32
  • Thanks 4

Good morning and thanks for the Daily Report.

Happy New Year. 

It's always spoil your dog day in our house.🙂  It's very hot and humid here, so it will be a lazy day.

Wonderful quote from a wonderful woman.

The meal suggestion sounds good, so does the wine.  Hope the drink of the day is good too.

I haven't been to Lisbon yet, but it is a port stop on our next cruise!  Looking forward to seeing lots of pictures and comments.

Prayers for all of us.

Stay safe.

• Like 23

Good morning all. Lazy Day sounds good to me today!  I think I’ll pretend that it is a “sea day” and I’ll sit down with a good book!  Of course the mountains will have to take the place of looking out over the ocean!

Thanks to Rich and Roy for your info and lists—- prayers for those who need them, and big smiles for those on celebration list. 

Have never been to Lisbon. I look forward to pictures today. 

Have a a great day, everyone!

Barb

• Like 23

Thank you for today's daily report and care list's Roy.

Happy New year to our Islamic friends.

Lazy day seems to be coming more regular these days and as it is 68°F and sunny we will shortly have lunch outside 

Spoil your dog day should be every day.

We have been to the lovely city of Lisbon many times and sailed under the main bridge.

Most of our visits we used the camcorder to video record our visit.

Nice wine for the day but will give the food and drink a miss.

16285929750388669995465078398988.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 24

Thank you for the Tuesday Daily, Rich.  If we have any Islamic Dailyites, Happy New Year.  With today's heat, Lazy Day is appropriate. A special salute to the Smithsonian and lots of dogs will be spoiled here.  Strange quote by Maya Angelou.  Lisbon is a great city.  The pulled pork sounds nice.  My alternative is Roasted and Raw Carrot Salad, Roasted and Ricotta Raspberry Tart a la mode, as I might have enjoyed on SS Rotterdam V August 10, 1997.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires    
Mr Boston’s DSIL with aggressive abdominal cancer
Copeland with breakthrough Covid
From the rotation:
Scout Jamie C recovering from major surgery
Kazu’s friend recovering from a brain bleed

Celebrations and Shoutouts

Front Line Health Care Workers
Aliaschief, bobpatj, and Copper10_8 on a BHB
Nieus Aamsterdam in Glacier Bay
Happy Birthday, Tbay
Ger_77's family visit
UK couple Charlotte Nichols and Stuart Bates trying every Olympic event to raise $180K for ALS
Welcome back lindaler
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3

Good morning everyone and thanks for today’s daily report.  Happy new year to our Islamic friends. Perfect day to be lazy and spoil your dog.  A nod to the Smithsonian.  The pulled pork sounds delicious but probably another time.  I’ve been to Lisbon in the AE (Analog Era) so have no readily available photos.  Prayers to everyone on our prayer list and cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event. 

• Like 22

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Tuesday smile 🙂 

Happy New Year to all Islamics.  The Smithsonian is worthy of celebration.

Lazy Day

81926A05-2017-473A-85C3-A8999C9B6F42.jpeg.4387bc1d96e7d256e3b7c2ebc0c08818.jpeg

National Spoil your dog day is every day in our house, I think.

1361968B-C9DC-45B6-A5C4-72073C26EB26.thumb.jpeg.3b858c940f803ee44e77d24ea4264192.jpeg

I think this is more than coincidence too!

0A2BC776-804E-4412-B1C8-B8CF713B796C.jpeg.f727496e2463fe3f155a2ab4999a24b7.jpeg

I’m not sure what to make of the quote of the day?  A Pinot Grigio on today’s wine list?  Yum.  Can’t wait to read about it.

We absolutely adore Lisbon.  Have been several times and will happily return next year.  I’ll dig up sone pics and post in a bit.  Waiting for the electrician for some service work on the generator.

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

61BE82F2-04F6-44A7-8691-5432976BFB03.jpeg.e05b5cb14ce1a824672c6319ebdc3118.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Tuesday Daily, Rich.  If we have any Islamic Dailyites, Happy New Year.  With today's heat, Lazy Day is appropriate. A special salute to the Smithsonian and lots of dogs will be spoiled here.  Strange quote by Maya Angelou.  Lisbon is a great city.  The pulled pork sounds nice.  My alternative is Roasted and Raw Carrot Salad, Roasted and Ricotta Raspberry Tart a la mode, as I might have enjoyed on SS Rotterdam V August 10, 1997.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires    
Mr Boston’s DSIL with aggressive abdominal cancer
Copeland with breakthrough Covid
From the rotation:
Scout Jamie C recovering from major surgery
Kazu’s friend recovering from a brain bleed

Celebrations and Shoutouts

Front Line Health Care Workers
Aliaschief, bobpatj, and Copper10_8 on a BHB
Nieus Aamsterdam in Glacier Bay
Happy Birthday, Tbay
Ger_77's family visit
UK couple Charlotte Nichols and Stuart Bates trying every Olympic event to raise $180K for ALS
Welcome back lindaler
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for both lists.  I love pulled pork.  I am up early as I have the Early Mass today.

• Like 8

Good morning to  all  and  thanks  for  the  Daily, Rich. I  wish  a Happy New  Year to  all  of  our  Islamic  friends today. As Jacqui  just  said, every  day  is  spoil  your  dog  day in  this  house . The  two  pooches  and  I  just  came  back  from  a  walk  which  felt  as  if  we  were  pushing  through  heavy  water. It  is  warm  and  markedly  humid  again with  a  heat  advisory out  for  the  area. I  will  be  as  lazy  as  I  can today.

The  quote is  a  little  odd,right? I  like  the  menu  idea  but  will  be serving  cold  salads  tonight.

@Tbay, Have  a  very  Happy  Birthday!

We  have  been  to  Lisbon  twice  on  the  Prinsendam and  just loved  our  visits. I  will  see  if  CC allows pictures  to  post today.

IMG_0399.JPG

• Like 27

Good morning, everyone.  

We have some thunder bumpers moving through today.  It started last night and continued overnight.  They were loud enough to wake me at one point, but not enough to make me actually get up!  Hopefully they will hold off this morning until after my pool time.  

Lazy day!  That is me and I will celebrate to the utmost!   

Today's meal sounds really good.  I love pulled pork.  There are several variations claiming to be Carolina style.  I'll let you decide.

https://heygrillhey.com/carolina-style-pulled-pork/

Carolina-Style-1-683x1024.thumb.jpg.5898afeb39ec7a840f11f3783c2d3472.jpg

And then there is this one:  https://www.food.com/recipe/carolina-style-pulled-pork-sandwich-116173  It looks to have more of a barbecue sauce on it.

1796611362_Carolinapulledpork.jpg.57a9daff96f968ccfe36d9bbca318797.jpg

This one is a vinegar based sauce.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/carolina-style-pork-barbecue/

Carolina-Style-Pork-Barbecue_EXPS_SCMBZ19_161096_B01_24_4b-5.jpg.642f4e173cd5db4f6d5d629e146944ee.jpg

Happy Days to all!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

Life loves the liver of it. - Maya Angelou

5 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

The  quote is  a  little  odd,right?

I think the quote means "Life loves those who live it to the fullest"

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

A few pics of Lisbon.

Not sure why, but CC is just loading black for a lot of my photos.  These are the ones “taking” right now?

BBBB8226-2051-475F-AB54-4C0A2C772403.thumb.jpeg.63c96a2f619c23ac6fa06656b2e4a601.jpeg

F7484E67-9067-4AC1-8FC1-F04CEEAE7D97.thumb.jpeg.08e13c39051081388525632b1fb8eabd.jpeg

F173B872-D1B1-4558-B0BA-BB7EF6A9DA29.thumb.jpeg.9fa093beda36623b2727855b1f7ba994.jpeg

C3B50240-5768-4F83-80DF-E77CE1D7F8C2.thumb.jpeg.c1e13a34b290cf6b6be84f3e1b372ed7.jpeg

I will try again in a bit and see what happens.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning. Thanks for the daily and the lists. I had to smile at the "national spoil your dog day". We observe that special day a number of times per year ( like 365 times LOL). Happy New Year to our Islamic freinds. I will have no problem celebrating a lazy day. We have not been to Lisbon but will visit there on our cruise next year.

Stay safe everyone

• Like 21

Good morning everyone.I woke to heavy rain and a thunder storm which is supposed to end in 23 minutes according to my weather ap.Love spoil your dog day. When we had our dogs, we often spoiled them. Sam starts outpatient PT today. 
Stay safe everyone. We now have mask mandates inside and for schools.

Carol

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Bindi wants me to thank you for announcing “spoil your dog day”.  Happy New Year to my Islamic friends! When I worked in DC and could break away for lunch, I would often wander through one of the Smithsonian museums to check out new exhibits. I would enjoy a lazy day. 

Thank you for our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyite family!
Great to see you- @lindaler  Linda relax and put your feet up! You have earned it.

Happy Birthday @TbayMay your new year be filled with laughter, love, great health & a cruise!

C249FF70-6636-4A5F-9AFB-D49AE5ADFE7C.jpeg.af2fc6a8f812154818be80662ba583c6.jpeg

My “gym rat” get together was fun last night. We put all the rumors that my knee was shattered to rest. We had way too much food and wine. Bindi was so well behaved, she earned an extra chicken strip - an entire day before spoil your dog day! I am going to be very lazy today. 12K+ steps with a zombie leg is exhausting!

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone. 

Atterns Pinot Grigio

All released vintages of this Pinot Grigio share the same excellent ratings, so I chose the 2019 vintage for pricing & reviews. It should be available locally. There were numerous online distributors with prices starting at 

$12.98. Great price for a 90+ wine!

Winemaker Notes

The wine is a clear, straw yellow. The nose expresses great personality with fresh aromas of white peach, citrus peel and wildflowers as well as definite scents of sap, thyme and toasted bread. In its structured body we find a wine with a balanced, complex flavor and a persistent finish of white pepper, avocado and walnut.
JS91 James Suckling: A pinot grigio with sliced-pear, flint and green-melon aromas that follow through to a medium to full body, pretty fruit and a flavorful finish. Light bitter-lemon aftertaste adds interest. Drink now.
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1