Vaccine proof question

unclegrandpa

16 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Some of us have much better (or at least more reliable) forms of "proof."  When we got our shots, they gave us prescription receipts that contain a lot more information than the CDC card.  I have those tucked into our Passport wallets (along with the original CDC cards) just in case the legitimacy of the cards is challenged.  I'm guessing if that were happening we would have heard about it by now.

I am planning to have those too. They should fit in my passport wallet along with the card. Although they're currently floating around in my car somewhere. I should rescue them before they get lost...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Quencups said:

The Docket app also is a database for NJ residents who were vaccinated.  Its weird....it seems to only have info for NJ and Utah residents.  You enter your information and it shows the dates you were vaccinated, the type and the batch number.  You would THINK we would have a national database.....

We don't have a national database for any other vaccinations so it was natural to just continue to use the existing state vaccination databases for the COVID inoculation.

Just to point out a possible problem with the vaccination cards.  While I have one listing my 2 doses, I happen to know that I have no antibodies due to being vaccinated during chemo and radiation ( I requested testing as I knew there was a big chance of the shots not working). .  Of course I am not using it as proof until I get my booster.  But how many people were vaccinated , think they have antibodies and use the card as proof......😕

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, roger001 said:

Just read this morning's news that a few countries that are requiring proof of vaccination before entry will  in Sept will no longer accept the CDC card.  They are going to require digital proof.  Hmmmmm......

Is there any chance you can post a link to the article you read?

25 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Is there any chance you can post a link to the article you read?

Here's an article that names one country. Of course the grossly sensationalized headline says "Some Countries" but then only names one and then further exaggerates by calling Turks and Caicos a "major vacation destination". https://thepointsguy.com/news/prove-vaccination-status/ .

Typical of this site's yellow journalism .

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Here's an article that names one country. Of course the grossly sensationalized headline says "Some Countries" but then only names one and then further exaggerates by calling Turks and Caicos a "major vacation destination". https://thepointsguy.com/news/prove-vaccination-status/ .

I have a cruise scheduled for Turks and Caicos next year.  I guess they don't want to see my U.S. Dollars...

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

These are excerpts from the Cayman Islands web site.  It seems as if the British Overseas Territories will have the same requirements.  (Emphasis added)

"Fully vaccinated travellers who arrive to the Cayman Islands on or after June 23rd 2021 and who are able to produce a securely verifiable vaccine document will be required to undergo a reduced 5-day quarantine period with a negative day 6 exit quarantine PCR test." 

What Is A Securely Verifiable Vaccination Record?

“Secure verification” means that the validity of your vaccination record can be verified through the use of approved technological solutions.

Most securely verifiable vaccination records will contain a QR code. This code needs to be presented on arrival, either electronically on a mobile device or as a physical copy. It is strongly recommended that travellers keep a printed copy on hand for verification on arrival."

"How Do I Know If My Vaccination Record Can Be Securely Verified By The Cayman Islands?

The following are securely verifiable vaccination records:

Vaccination records issued by the Cayman Islands Health Services Authority

NHS certificates with embedded secure features or those retrieved from the NHS mobile app or website which provides a securely verifiable QR code

SMART Health Cards from issuers that are a part of the CommonTrust Network. This includes North American issuers, such as:

Walmart Pharmacy

Sam's Club Pharmacy

State of California

State of Louisiana

UC San Diego Health

CVS Health

UC Health

New York State (using the Excelsior Pass Plus platform)

Vaccination records from the European Union Member States and other countries that meet the EU Digital COVID Certificate standard.

Vaccination records from Barbados Ministry of Health and Wellness

It is anticipated that this list will expand as other issuers meet the Cayman Islands’ criteria for the secure verification of vaccination records.

Is My CDC Vaccination Card Securely Verifiable?

No, CDC vaccination cards are not securely verifiable."

Edited by Daniel A

21 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

It seems as if the British Overseas Territories will have the same requirements

Bermuda is a British Overseas Territory and doesn't have that requirement. The BOTs are internally self-governing so each one makes their own decisions .

Edit: As best I can tell the BVI also doesn't require digital proof.

Edited by njhorseman

To anyone who is thinking of forging a vaccination card, 2 people were caught in Hawaii and jailed and given $5000.00 fines. Two others entered Canada with forged cards and were arrested and given $10,000.00 fines each. Penalties in some locations are even higher.

Many places have ways of verifying cards that they do not make public to keep offenders from finding a way around it.

Personally, I believe that anyone who risks exposing thousands of others to this disease deserves even worse punishment.

Tourists Arrested in Hawaii After Allegedly Lying About Vaccination Status (msn.com)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Bermuda is a British Overseas Territory and doesn't have that requirement. The BOTs are internally self-governing so each one makes their own decisions .

Edit: As best I can tell the BVI also doesn't require digital proof.

You're correct about the self governance.  Bermuda isn't requiring digital proof, but they want a signed card.  There is no signature line on the CDC card so it doesn't meet this requirement from Bermuda:

"Have proof of your immunisation ready. This can be your signed immunisation card or a Vaccine Certificate"

Different locales are verifying vaccine status by different methods, but it looks as if the CDC card is losing recognition as proof.

1 minute ago, Daniel A said:

You're correct about the self governance.  Bermuda isn't requiring digital proof, but they want a signed card.  There is no signature line on the CDC card so it doesn't meet this requirement from Bermuda:

"Have proof of your immunisation ready. This can be your signed immunisation card or a Vaccine Certificate"

Different locales are verifying vaccine status by different methods, but it looks as if the CDC card is losing recognition as proof.

The card is signed on each of the individual vaccination lines by the person who administered the jab. Bermuda absolutely does accept the CDC card. 

26 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

The card is signed on each of the individual vaccination lines by the person who administered the jab. Bermuda absolutely does accept the CDC card. 

Double check your own card, you may discover it is not signed.  I think you may be referring to the block on the right side of the card where the column is labeled "Healthcare Professional or Clinic Site."  Many locations merely put in the initials of the location where the shot was administered.  i.e. NYU, CVS, NIH etc...  No signature present on many, many cards.

I really don't want to get into a back and forth on this, it is what it is...

1467206876_COVIDCardSig1.jpg.6f44ed52f8c25d0a6653c4a5ef7ba54e.jpg585615664_CovidCardsig2.thumb.jpg.e3c3b3c09e3da661b942c6995d6061f8.jpg

57 minutes ago, tallyho8 said:

To anyone who is thinking of forging a vaccination card, 2 people were caught in Hawaii and jailed and given $5000.00 fines. Two others entered Canada with forged cards and were arrested and given $10,000.00 fines each. Penalties in some locations are even higher.

Many places have ways of verifying cards that they do not make public to keep offenders from finding a way around it.

Personally, I believe that anyone who risks exposing thousands of others to this disease deserves even worse punishment.

Tourists Arrested in Hawaii After Allegedly Lying About Vaccination Status (msn.com)

Posted on Friday, in this very thread - 

26 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

It MAY be.  I got my vaccine through my primary care physician's office, when I went for the first shot they had run out of the 'official' cards so I got a paper with the card photocopied on it and the information filled out (including signature of the issuing nurse).  When I went for the second shot they issued me a card but the only line with a signature was for the second shot, the line for the first simply had the abbreviation for the health center on it.

Does that then make my vaccine card invalid?  Also - for people that need a replacement, how are those signatures handled?  Oh - mine also has nothing filled in on the back, which was the reminder area for the second dose, since I got the card on the day of the second dose...

12 minutes ago, hallux said:

It MAY be.  I got my vaccine through my primary care physician's office, when I went for the first shot they had run out of the 'official' cards so I got a paper with the card photocopied on it and the information filled out (including signature of the issuing nurse).  When I went for the second shot they issued me a card but the only line with a signature was for the second shot, the line for the first simply had the abbreviation for the health center on it.

Does that then make my vaccine card invalid?  Also - for people that need a replacement, how are those signatures handled?  Oh - mine also has nothing filled in on the back, which was the reminder area for the second dose, since I got the card on the day of the second dose...

Did you get vaccinated in New York?  If so, you may be able to get digital verification from New York State's Excelsior Pass Plus.  ( I would go for the 'Plus' upgrade.)

Find it here:   NY State Excelsior Pass

NCL has now boarded three US itinerary ships worth of passengers with the 100% vax requirement, with CDC card as proof.  If there were issues with hand written, no signature, etc. we would have heard reports by now.  I'm guessing that if it appears to be an original CDC card and it has vaccine info and dates, it's probably okay.  The rest of the entries are likely all over the map.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

NCL has now boarded three US itinerary ships worth of passengers with the 100% vax requirement, with CDC card as proof.  If there were issues with hand written, no signature, etc. we would have heard reports by now.  I'm guessing that if it appears to be an original CDC card and it has vaccine info and dates, it's probably okay.  The rest of the entries are likely all over the map.

Did they sail to Bermuda?

12 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Did you get vaccinated in New York?  If so, you may be able to get digital verification from New York State's Excelsior Pass Plus.  ( I would go for the 'Plus' upgrade.)

I did, and already have the Excelsior Pass on my phone.  This is the first I'm hearing of this 'Plus' version.  I'll have to look into that...

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 2:26 PM, Karaboudjan said:

It sounds easy in theory, but out of an abundance of reasons I think the number of people actually trying this will be extremely small.

Very much like the number of people attempting to sneak liquor on board????

• Haha 1

Someone very close and dearest to us had planned to attend her relative's wedding (scheduled a while back, pre-Covid and was still going to try) next month ... but just hit the kill switch and cancel - flying in there with the usual testing & QR code schemes, and now, the addition of not a 10 day mandatory quarantine (designated hotels only) at one's own expenses - rather a 21 days quarantine.  Hell no way, Jose - she ain't going.  A popular gateway for embarkation, disembarkation and port overnight/stop for cruise ships for the region - including ships from the Norwegian fleet - it isn't good at all. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/hk-expected-to-tighten-quarantine-rules-for-vaccinated-travellers-from-medium-risk

Measures now for the Americas pale in comparison.  OTOH, the Delta outbreak isn't slowing down (from what I'm reading) and one of the hardest hit places isn't Singapore or the Philippine or Thailand, but rather Indonesia - just look up the global data (by WHO) for yourself.  New Zealand also, stepping up measures and those ports are not going to be open and welcoming cruise ship passengers and/or visitors anytime soon.  Just having acceptable proof of vaccination alone aren't enough for public health authorities abroad for these countries.  

Edited by mking8288

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

Double check your own card, you may discover it is not signed.

Do you really think I didn't check my own card before I wrote that ? My card is signed.

And yes, I understand that box can just be filled with the name of the facility where you got your jab. I'm perfectly capable of reading what is printed on the form, thank you.

55 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Did they sail to Bermuda?

Viking has been running cruises homeported in Bermuda for weeks. The vast majority of passengers are from the US and and had to fly into Bermuda to take the cruise. Bermuda's testing and vaccination entry requirements for passengers flying to Bermuda are identical to the requirements for cruising to Bermuda. The same proof of vaccination and proof of a negative PCR test.

Guess what...not one issue has reported about using the CDC vaccination card as proof of getting your jabs to satisfy Bermuda's vaccination requirements. 

Crystal will be cruising to Bermuda from Boston starting this Sunday. Haven't read about any concerns on the Crystal board over using the CDC card.

For that matter forget about cruising. Hundreds of people a week have been flying to Bermuda from the US for business and vacation for months. What do you suspect many if not most have provided as proof of vaccination for all this time? 

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

I was vaccinated in NY in January 2021 second shot in Feb. Have my vaccine card and cannot get an excelsior pass. Site says no record of my vaccination. 

28 minutes ago, knitlady037 said:

I was vaccinated in NY in January 2021 second shot in Feb. Have my vaccine card and cannot get an excelsior pass. Site says no record of my vaccination. 

I noticed that on mine, the date that they wrote when I got the shot is wrong (they wrote 4.21.21, but I actually got the second dose on 4.19.21). Maybe try that (the date on the back of my card that says "return for second dose" is the date that I inputted when I got the first error that it didn't exist). 

TBH, I wish I would have noticed it then - hopefully this won't pose a problem. Either way, I added it to the Excelsior Pass and everything else matches.