Check Your Prices - WOW Sale

sandc4e

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

Thanks but I don't think I'm alone -- others were able to get either additional OBC or upgrades. 

Additional OBC or upgrading due to a price drop is one thing but prices remain the same you either take the OBC or C&A balcony discount...they aren't combinable.

36 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Additional OBC or upgrading due to a price drop is one thing but prices remain the same you either take the OBC or C&A balcony discount...they aren't combinable.

They were in my case.  I took advantage of 2 different price drops - the first was an upgrade with a small OBC.  The second was a big OBC with the current promotion.  

56 minutes ago, bajathree said:

I repriced my Jan, 22, '22  Allure sail and it was almost $400 less.  The amount would have been more, but since it was repriced as a solo, lost half my BD,

• Like 1

9 hours ago, prbeauty777 said:

Did you book directly with RCCL? My boyfriend and I purchased 2 cruises an hour before the wow sale through ***** and I called and asked if we could still get the OBC and was told that only sailings booked August 12-15 could receive it!

Do a mock booking and you should see you’re eligibility and pricing.

I checked Monday and was told I "already had the best deal" so I told them NOT to change ANYTHING.

Looked this morning and the BOGO60 and CAS Balc Suite discounts had been removed leaving a $1320 balance due on a PAID reservation 😞 They DID add $100. OBC but that's hardly a "better deal" than I had.

Been on the phone 45 minutes (so far) trying to get it unscrewed.

Did a mock reservation and the fare went down $1000. but I'm scared to try to get anything but back to where I was at this point.

2 hours 18 minutes to get the fares adjusted to "fix" the balance back to zero. Didn't add the discounts, just changed the fare amounts to the net.

And still have $100. OBC for my trouble.

I STILL think the fare has dropped by $1000, but not going to fight it at this point.

We already had an amazing low balcony cabin rate and Diamond status discount to start with...yet even at the lowest rate we've gotten ever on an Oasis class ship....our TA called us up that we got another reduction in our fare (OK...only $49 less now....but we'll take it). The refund is already posted on our AMEX.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

7 minutes ago, christinand said:

I think i missed out. Just to be clear even if the price didn’t lower and you are not in the final payment window if there is obc you can get it? I need to be prepared for next time.

My understanding is if your original price is lower than current pricing no way to get OBC.

I have seven booked cruises all "way" below price point now...so no additional OBC on any of them.

On 8/18/2021 at 10:39 AM, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

We already had an amazing low balcony cabin rate and Diamond status discount to start with...yet even at the lowest rate we've gotten ever on an Oasis class ship....our TA called us up that we got another reduction in our fare (OK...only $49 less now....but we'll take it). The refund is already posted on our AMEX.

Sounds like you got a good deal and great TA.  Many of us are not that lucky.  My objection is that RC post perks like balcony and suite discounts for D and above loyal customers but then refused to give them based on what is happening at the time.  Therefore  IMHO RC D and above member perks are more like the Pirate Code.  More a suggestion than a reality.  Makes me think hard about where my next cruising dollars are spent.  Maybe not spending with RC for more perks I cannot receive.  

15 hours ago, christinand said:

I think i missed out. Just to be clear even if the price didn’t lower and you are not in the final payment window if there is obc you can get it? I need to be prepared for next time.

As it was explained to me you are basically cancelling your existing booking and re-booking to get the better rate/perks/whatever.  But you have to take the good with the bad--if you booked at a terrible rate, but got $1000 OBC... then next week there's a great rate, but only $50 OBC... if you want the price adjustment on the cruise itself you're going to lose the $1000 OBC.  Whether individuals have made it work in some fashion is up to individual circumstances, as a blanket statement assume your current contract is gone and a new one is being created, and that is how they will perform the adjustments.

Yes, there are caveats to this, and a wall of text could be written with exceptions and individual experiences, but those don't really matter to answer this question.

15 hours ago, imola said:

Sounds like you got a good deal and great TA.  Many of us are not that lucky.  My objection is that RC post perks like balcony and suite discounts for D and above loyal customers but then refused to give them based on what is happening at the time.  

Literally got our rate of less than 1/2 our last Oasis class ship price.  With all the cabins on those big vessels...there appears to be a good deal of "variety" in pricing.

That said...how and with whom you book appears to have a significant impact to what you end up with in perks and costs. We do have a great TA.