Check Your Prices - WOW Sale

sandc4e

1 minute ago, imola said:

When I called I was told you cannot get OBC AND your earned balcony discount. Makes RC "perks" not so perky. They want loyal customers but refuse to honor perks you have earned by being loyal.  This is my opinion. I am fully aware it may not match others. 

I got a balcony discount and was still able to get additional OBC with the WOW sale.  Check again although I think the WOW sale is done but there might be other sales in the future. 

50 minutes ago, Heidi6819 said:

I’m on hold with a rep.  My price hasn’t changed, but there is now onboard credit.  They are saying I am not eligible because I got a balcony discount for being Platinum.  This was my first booking as Platinum.  Do they always give a discount for balcony or only as a promotion with Platinum and up?

Also, my delightful (snark) rep started the discussion by saying I wasn’t eligible for the onboard credit on any of the 3 rooms I have booked for our Aug ‘22 Alaska cruise because it was not a new reservation.  After pulling up my reservation he said, rather obnoxiously, “And this isn’t a new reservation, is it?”  I asked for his name and his tone immediately changed.

When I called was told no to OBC AND earned balcony discount. RC withholds earned perks depending on what they feel like. 

The good news is many here are receiving lower prices and OBC with re bookings. For them I am very happy.  As for me thinking of pulling the RC plug. 

Thanks OP for the info. I called Royal on 3 cruises I had booked,  and I know it paid off. On my cruises:      #1, I received just a $20.00 reduction.

#2, received a $150.00 OBC.

#3, received an upgrade from O.V to balcony and a "credit" of $218.00 to be applied to my credit card.

Again thanks, very helpful.

• Like 3

Quick question -- I can't reach my TA right now, but want to take advantage of the lower rates.  Is it okay to have two reservations in the same name for the same sailing at one time?  Or will that screw up my first reservation (that my TA is not available to change).  That first one is a group rate, and it's now about $200 more than what I can pay now.  But, I don't want to lose my current reservation with my Cruise Planner deals. . .

20 minutes ago, IRMO12HD said:

Quick question -- I can't reach my TA right now, but want to take advantage of the lower rates.  Is it okay to have two reservations in the same name for the same sailing at one time?  Or will that screw up my first reservation (that my TA is not available to change).  That first one is a group rate, and it's now about $200 more than what I can pay now.  But, I don't want to lose my current reservation with my Cruise Planner deals. . .

Can you put a hold on the 2nd instead of actually booking it. A hold would be better.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, IRMO12HD said:

Yes you can do that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

I got a balcony discount and was still able to get additional OBC with the WOW sale.  Check again although I think the WOW sale is done but there might be other sales in the future. 

I’m glad to hear this.  Did you book during the WOW sale?  Or did they re-price a previous booking?

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Can you put a hold on the 2nd instead of actually booking it. A hold would be better.

It didn't give me the option of a hold.  I messaged RCCL and they said it was okay to have two reservations, so I went ahead and made it. A savings of $240, and it's refundable, so once I'm able to get in touch with my TA, I'll just cancel it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, molly361 said:

You can't get BOTH the balcony discount and the OBC it's either one or the other.  TA's were told that they are working on making them combinable but who knows when that will happen

But with base pricing being so good, who needs a discount😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/12/2021 at 11:53 AM, sandc4e said:

WOW sale is up and is including OBC (haven't seen that in awhile).  Was able to get the OBC added to our reservation, no change in pricing for us but having some OBC helps with the drink bill.

Happy Friday Jr.

Did you book directly with RCCL? My boyfriend and I purchased 2 cruises an hour before the wow sale through ***** and I called and asked if we could still get the OBC and was told that only sailings booked August 12-15 could receive it!

On 8/13/2021 at 7:19 AM, John&LaLa said:

Not really sure yet, will see invoice later today.

John, just got my answer on the lower D+ BD.  Because it was re-priced it fell into the less than 6 months out, therefore the BD is less by $25.  Since it was priced as a solo, only half applied.  Which brings me to another interesting tidbit--If it's considered a solo, do we only get 2 points rather than the 4.

6 minutes ago, nelblu said:

John, just got my answer on the lower D+ BD.  Because it was re-priced it fell into the less than 6 months out, therefore the BD is less by $25.  Since it was priced as a solo, only half applied.  Which brings me to another interesting tidbit--If it's considered a solo, do we only get 2 points rather than the 4.

You will get 4

As long as you aren't sailing in a cabin designated as solo

19 hours ago, TytalusWarden said:

As a follow-up, was repriced about 2 days ago, just got my $275.03 OBC for the October cruise on Harmony of the Seas out of Rome.  Pretty quick turnaround considering they said "up to 14 days"!

Yup, same experience. Also just received 5 Refunds on Canceled Cruises in 7 days. No complaints in turn around time here either

22 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

WOW sale goes through today (Sunday). So it is still active until tonight.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

I have only seen that combo working with suites...not regular balcony cabins.