Check Your Prices - WOW Sale

sandc4e

6 hours ago, davekathy said:

WOW is right. Both of our March 2022 Caribbean cruise on the EOS have increased. 

Our B2B March 2022 on EOS has jumped substantially !!!!!

Actually some of our seven booked 2022 cruises have almost doubled :classic_ohmy:

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 2

Just saved a BUNCH on two cabins for our Holiday cruise (like $1000 on one room - a double and $2000 on the other room - a triple), plus got $100 OBC for each cabin.  Maybe I paid too much to start with, but the price adjustment now is exciting!  I say. . . just call and ask, the worse they can say is you already have the best price! 

• Like 2

I’m on hold with a rep.  My price hasn’t changed, but there is now onboard credit.  They are saying I am not eligible because I got a balcony discount for being Platinum.  This was my first booking as Platinum.  Do they always give a discount for balcony or only as a promotion with Platinum and up?

Also, my delightful (snark) rep started the discussion by saying I wasn’t eligible for the onboard credit on any of the 3 rooms I have booked for our Aug ‘22 Alaska cruise because it was not a new reservation.  After pulling up my reservation he said, rather obnoxiously, “And this isn’t a new reservation, is it?”  I asked for his name and his tone immediately changed.

3 minutes ago, Heidi6819 said:

I’m on hold with a rep.  My price hasn’t changed, but there is now onboard credit.  They are saying I am not eligible because I got a balcony discount for being Platinum.  This was my first booking as Platinum.  Do they always give a discount for balcony or only as a promotion with Platinum and up?

Also, my delightful (snark) rep started the discussion by saying I wasn’t eligible for the onboard credit on any of the 3 rooms I have booked for our Aug ‘22 Alaska cruise because it was not a new reservation.  After pulling up my reservation he said, rather obnoxiously, “And this isn’t a new reservation, is it?”  I asked for his name and his tone immediately changed.

I had 3 cruises repriced. I am not inside final payment so the difference was credited back to my card. These were not new bookings. I am D+. Your rep is mistaken.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Heidi6819 said:

You can't get BOTH the balcony discount and the OBC it's either one or the other.  TA's were told that they are working on making them combinable but who knows when that will happen

15 minutes ago, molly361 said:

You can't get BOTH the balcony discount and the OBC it's either one or the other.  TA's were told that they are working on making them combinable but who knows when that will happen

Think I misunderstood your question due to my experience with under-trained TA's who said I was not eligible for the WOW sale since this wasn't a new booking. When repriced there is a potential to lose previous OBC. If you are past final payment that is usually when the discount is applied as additional OBC. I always go with whatever gives the best overall cost.

@molly361 is correct. They are "working" on combining status balcony discounts with promotional discounts.

Edited by CruiszBug
Add more info.

On 8/13/2021 at 7:45 AM, read2learn said:

I just tried booking a 7 night trip and it showed $100 obc for balcony but when I entered my C&A no. and residency the obc disappeared. Does the balcony discount negate the WOW obc?  

When I called I was told you cannot get OBC AND your earned balcony discount. Makes RC "perks" not so perky. They want loyal customers but refuse to honor perks you have earned by being loyal.  This is my opinion. I am fully aware it may not match others. 

• Thanks 1