Check Your Prices - WOW Sale

sandc4e

12 hours ago, sandc4e said:

WOW sale is up and is including OBC (haven't seen that in awhile).  Was able to get the OBC added to our reservation, no change in pricing for us but having some OBC helps with the drink bill.

Happy Friday Jr.

Just spent over an hour on the phone with a very nice  C & A rep.  We have a 10 night booked for April 2022.  We had cruises booked for July  and Dec of this year but RCL canceled  both of those.  The July one would have given us D+.  Anyway I called about getting the $300.00 OBC.  After much trying on his part I was told that the only way to get it was to cancel my current booking, do a new booking and I would get the OBC BUT I would be denied  my earned D balcony discount of $326.00 so the price of the cruise would go up more than this OBC.  Major frustration here .  Then he was transferring me to a supervisor but after a lengthy time on hold (he came back every three minutes to tell  me he was on hold still).  I told him I needed to move on.  He said he would send an email to the supervisor but for me to know it would take at least 48 hours for them to contact me.  I want to say that he was very patience, and understanding.  Tried his best to help but had no authority to actually do anything.   RC is becoming a huge disappointment.  I am tired of earning benefits I can't use.  So the "WOW" sale is a big NO WOW at all for us.   Feels more like a scam.  I know many of you will not agree with how I feel but that's ok cause this is just about how I see things and feel about them.  

• Like 1

The wow sale is, imho, a wow because they haven't had OBC included for a while. However, like every sale it won't be for everyone. A while back they had a good sale with bonus C&A discounts. Being only gold I watched as many people raved about saving $1000s after a reprice. I understand that different ships, itineraries and ports all factor into everything. I had my TA check for this one and was able to get the extra OBC on 1 of my bookings. It is part of a Jan 2022 S2S, so I don't think it is only for 2021 sailings. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep, I just moved from 1 dbl occupied CP to 2 solos and saved $300.

Seems to only apply to 2021 sailings

We did that once on one of the Oasis ships several years ago.  The 2 connecting were less than the one cabin .  I would like to do it again this year but I'm already  overbooked.  Harmony??

25 minutes ago, molly361 said:

We did that once on one of the Oasis ships several years ago.  The 2 connecting were less than the one cabin .  I would like to do it again this year but I'm already  overbooked.  Harmony??

Yes, Royal has dropped the single supplement on Oasis class in prior years...especially during pre-holiday sailings....also took advantage of this Dec 2019 on Oasis

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yes, the 1st week after TA

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Much higher today than what we booked 6-8 weeks ago for an Allure sailing next month…50% higher or so.  

But worth a check, thanks..

Checked our Allure October cruise, Aqua Theater Suite 1 bedroom and price had gone up a couple hundred so no luck here either. But yes, given how many others are seeing a drop, definitely worth taking a look!

14 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

Where does this show up in the cruise planner? I'm waiting on OBC but I was told it would take 14 days. 

It popped up yesterday when I logged into my CP and now shows up in the top right by the cart.

RC.JPG

• Like 3

Right now on Oasis there is no single supplement (at least for the sailing I looked at in Dec) making it the same cost to book 2 single occupancy connecting cabins verse double occupancy in 1 cabin....always nice to have a second bathroom and connecting balcony to open up. 2 is better than 1 🙂

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 3

My TA told me last night I'll get about $275 in onboard credit for my October Harmony balcony out of Italy.  They checked it like three times just to be sure, she said.  I'm in the "they filled out a form, 14 days" boat, so here's hoping I see it somewhat soon!  For this cruise I'll be somewhere around $1700 in onboard credit due to getting 125% credit from other cancelled cruises, shareholder benefit, existing OBC for the booking, and now this reprice.

Edited by TytalusWarden
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, read2learn said:

I just tried booking a 7 night trip and it showed $100 obc for balcony but when I entered my C&A no. and residency the obc disappeared. Does the balcony discount negate the WOW obc?  

I tried both ways with my D+ C&A # and without for my January Allure 8 nights and no OBCs indicated, unless I missed it.  Maybe it's for certain itineraries.  Pricing is a little weird, only got $113 for my D+ BD and the senior discount was less when I entered my C #,

6 hours ago, molly361 said:

Did that on Allure a few years ago.  Adjoining CP balconies cheaper than a quad.  Plus, when they were running the neighborhood special, got the extra benefits as only the first 2 in a cabin received it.

• Like 1

Some increase on my Booked, but with OBC balances out to $10-20 ahead on each. Also there is some cheaper shorter Cruises out there this Nov-Jan where with lower rates and my 340+ pay no Single Supplement. Ends up being about $100 or less a day for SOLO Balcony, and $50-60 day for IN/OV. Look for them, they are out there