Medallion app

JeremyK1956

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

If so, and it is pure speculation, it's just more about fixing something that wasn't broken.

It certainly was not broken before Covid-19.

But currently with the pandemic there is a severe need to keep the number of people in the terminal limited to provide better social distancing (assuming they are enforcing that).

But the current method of guessing when you are allowed to select an arrival time using the app combined with assignment by deck booked if the app cannot work for you is not the best way.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 5:26 AM, billco said:

I got an e-mail today from Princess re my September cruise:

- Selected an arrival time to the pier on the MedallionClass app. For the
health and safety of all, do not arrive prior to your assigned check-in time or you will be asked to return at the correct time. If you have not selected an arrival time please arrive at the below time:

12:30 PM - Dolphin and Emerald Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with D & E
1:00 PM - Aloha and Caribe Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with A & C
2:15 PM - Marina and Riviera Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with M & R
3:00 PM - Baja and Lido Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with B & L

My app shows Arrival Group B 12:00 - 12:15 arrival time.

Window Suites are NOT included in this scenario.  How will assigned boarding time be decided?  This is one of Princess' worst policies.  Someone needs to make an executive decision on how to treat Elite/Suite/Platinum loyalty passengers.  

We haven’t sailed Princess in 7 years.  I got an email from them touting the Medallion App and was encouraged to sign in.  First it didn’t recognize my booking number.  Then it told me my birthday was incorrect.  I was told to update my profile.  Finally, the app generated a new CC number for me.  Now I don’t have to worry about exploring my cruise planning options because I am locked out of my original account. I hope booking dinner reservations isnt this difficult.

On 8/15/2021 at 2:00 PM, caribill said:

It certainly was not broken before Covid-19.

But currently with the pandemic there is a severe need to keep the number of people in the terminal limited to provide better social distancing (assuming they are enforcing that).

But the current method of guessing when you are allowed to select an arrival time using the app combined with assignment by deck booked if the app cannot work for you is not the best way.

I've been amused reading all the comments here about boarding.  Let me first say I am elite on Princess and elite on Celebrity.  I was on the 17th of July Celebrity Edge out of FLL   It was a total disaster.  They also attempted to assign particular check in times.  (In all fairness cruise lines are looking on ways to lessen the crowds in the terminals on embarkation day.)  There was no longer any  preferred check in times for any higher tiered passengers although suite guests did have a separate line and were taken in between other passengers.  They tried their best to divide the boarding times into separate lines but as we all know some people believe rules are not meant for them.  It was a mess.  Now once you got into the actual terminal (after showing passport, vaccination papers, etc., it was a breeze).  It was not an ideal way to start a cruise.  We are all in a learning mode regarding this virus so I guess the best thing we can do is realize that all this will soon pass.  Just think how much fun we can all have when they open up the window for the booster shots in September.  How many do you think will follow the guidelines of waiting the 8 months.  My next three cruises are again with Princess in 2022 and hopefully all will be smooth sailing by then.  In the meantime, just breath and be thankful to be on a ship again.           

• Like 1

gone2c; Princess is learning from every voyage they do.  They are getting lots of feedback about what works and what doesn't with the medallion.  Hopefully, they take the info and use it to tweak the app.  

My wife has now finally managed to enter all of the necessary info into the medallion app (apart from my photo) but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to enter our insurance details. Do Princess not need the info like in the past the likes of Cunard do? Or is it elsewhere on the Princess system?

10 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

My wife has now finally managed to enter all of the necessary info into the medallion app (apart from my photo) but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to enter our insurance details. Do Princess not need the info like in the past the likes of Cunard do? Or is it elsewhere on the Princess system?

Do you mean your personal travel or medical insurance?  Princess is not capturing that info.

The Medallion and what it might accomplish was developed based on what Disney did at their theme parks. Initially at least, some of those involved with the Medallion and the associated software came from the Disney organization.

Introduced in 2014, Disney's MyMagic+ involved guests wearing data-collecting electronic wristbands, which doubled as credit cards. An app also allowed visitors to manage dining reservations and their free FastPass allotments.

MyMagic+ cost at least $1 billion to develop and introduce, in part because it required a lot of hardware, including the equipping of 28,000 hotel room doors with radio frequency readers.

Woke up today to find that Passenger Contract green check was gone.  So I had to search out the contract on the web since the one on the app is too small to read.  More hoops to jump through.  Absolutely no reason the check should have disappeared.  Last contract was updated MAY 2021.

On a positive side, OceanNavigator was working on Saturday night.  Fixed my ability to check in using user name/password.  But as I was changing things.....my name now includes 2 same middle names.  I will contact 800 Princess some other day.  

Still no option to pick boarding time.  I don't understand when representative and/or Ocean Navigator suggests you pick any time....No such option if the "sorry" shows up.

Anyone know how to get iPhone to save MedallionClass App login information automatically?

If it isn't one thing, it is another. 

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Thanks 1

So far the Medallion App has worked fine, apart from one thing, on my wife's personal details,and my home phone number both show my mobile number, each time I go into to edit it will not accept the last number of both the phone numbers, I've tried to delete the 0 in front  of my wife's mob no; and enter +44 in the country code box but it will not let me save the amended number. Not too bothered about my home number, but a bit concerned with my wife's if it may have implications for getting her COVID test result texted through to her at the terminal 

10 minutes ago, jdacombe said:

So far the Medallion App has worked fine, apart from one thing, on my wife's personal details,and my home phone number both show my mobile number, each time I go into to edit it will not accept the last number of both the phone numbers, I've tried to delete the 0 in front  of my wife's mob no; and enter +44 in the country code box but it will not let me save the amended number. Not too bothered about my home number, but a bit concerned with my wife's if it may have implications for getting her COVID test result texted through to her at the terminal 

Sounds like a job for the Ocean Navigators: askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

My previous experience with the Medallion app was a long time ago on the Sky in 2020.  Prior to the cruise, the app was so wonky I gave up.  I did receive the little medallion in the mail. On boarding day I just showed up with my confirmation papers and my medallion and checked in the old fashioned way.  Once on board, I never used the app for anything.

The way I looked at it was spending a dollar's worth of time to save a dime's worth.

This is what happens when somebody lets the whiz kids sit at the big table.

• Haha 1