Bacon Every Other Day

Lee Cruiser

2 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I don't cruise on the larger ships such as Carnival and other lines but for other reasons and never had cruised on them even before the bacon crisis.  We do all know that they could get the bacon if they were willing to pay the price.  Are other lines cutting down on bacon or just Carnival?  Do they count out the number of strips you can take on the bacon days?

My link to the Clipper site was real but my post was sort of a joke.

DON

If you don't cruise on Carnival Don, then why are you being a troll and posting on this thread? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I don't cruise on the larger ships such as Carnival and other lines but for other reasons and never had cruised on them even before the bacon crisis.  We do all know that they could get the bacon if they were willing to pay the price.  Are other lines cutting down on bacon or just Carnival?  Do they count out the number of strips you can take on the bacon days?

My link to the Clipper site was real but my post was sort of a joke.

DON

I'm not willing for the price of my cruise to go up just to subsidize porker's gluttony.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jamesatgsu said:

This is where I draw the line. I don't need all I can eat, but I need at least 2 strips of bacon every day on my cruise.

Get 4 or more every other day and stash 2 in the fridge for the next day. Easy peasy. Or if you close your eyes, pepperoni sort of looks like bacon and is almost as healthy.

25 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

If you don't cruise on Carnival Don, then why are you being a troll and posting on this thread? 

Don't use the t-word, you can get into trouble, there's a warning about it in the "point system" thread.  One of the few things actually enforced.

Edited by billslowsky

4 minutes ago, Don Kehote said:

A lot of times, I agree with the things you say on this board.  This, however, is shameful.

The ignore function can be your best friend. 
I’ve found it to be particularly so in silencing his incessant blathering. 

• Like 2

Considering my local Walmart had bare shelves everywhere I can certainly believe it. There are supply issues all around here. I’ll have to suffer and eat eggs benedict instead…or…let them eat cake! It has all the nutrients you need ;)

29 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

Good Lord - they just did 45 seconds on the local news here on the bacon shortage on Carnival Cruise Lines.

In Phoenix. In the desert. Where there is no port. Why is this newsworthy for the nightly news?? 🤷‍♂️

It's bacon man...

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2021 at 11:51 AM, MrMarc said:

This is not the truth.  They are hiding the fact that this is the start of a vegan plot.  First it will be breakfast meats, then they plan to attack the cold cut supply at lunch and by the end of next year they will be targeting the steakhouse.   The details are being leaked online by a powerful person inside the supply chain only known as "Spock".

They already went to war over the Big Gulp. 

• Haha 1

On 8/18/2021 at 2:11 PM, BlerkOne said:

Put toilet paper behind the sneeze guard and they will forget all about the bacon.

I've also lost count of how many times I've seem people pick through a whole tray of bacon, inspecting each slice, breaking most, before deciding on the best of the best.

I like my bacon not crispy. 

• Like 1