Bacon Every Other Day

Lee Cruiser

On 8/13/2021 at 8:40 AM, tm_aw_love said:

Yet another thing to complain about I suppose.

That's too far.. 

Masks, now this...

This is the final straw...

I'm cancelling right now...

Carnival has lost another customer forever... 

Which ones am I forgetting everybody? 

😂

I thought paper straws were one of the last few last straws.

• Haha 1

This is not the truth.  They are hiding the fact that this is the start of a vegan plot.  First it will be breakfast meats, then they plan to attack the cold cut supply at lunch and by the end of next year they will be targeting the steakhouse.   The details are being leaked online by a powerful person inside the supply chain only known as "Spock".

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, MrMarc said:

This is not the truth.  They are hiding the fact that this is the start of a vegan plot.  First it will be breakfast meats, then they plan to attack the cold cut supply at lunch and by the end of next year they will be targeting the steakhouse.   The details are being leaked online by a powerful person inside the supply chain only known as "Spock".

You made me laugh!  Thank you! But, this is true!

• Like 1

It has been such a needed comic relief. I miss the cruise talk we had before the pandemic. I want to talk about robes, are the bathrooms too small, is the pizza crust better than last year....lol

Normal complaining and complimenting. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MrMarc said:

People who believe this are calling themselves Bacanon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

By a marvelous coincidence, I got this e-mail from Clipper Cruises with their recipe for bacon wrapped pork tenderloins for dinner - https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=rm&ogbl#trash/FMfcgzGkZstnzMtLbTZKrRVdhWMSvkDq.  I can probably get it every night plus bacon for breakfast. 

Yet another reason not to cruise Carnival.

DON

7 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

But now there will be no crispy bacon strip for the Bloody Mary's at Flavortown on the Horizon. 🤬

This! Now it makes sense! They are only serving bacon for breakfast every other day. I bet the crispy bacon for Bloody Mary's will be available every day. This is nothing but a measure to drive up Bloody Mary sales. People will buy 4 of them just to get their bacon fix!

• Like 2

We all know how this works. When something becomes harder to find, people just want it more. Some will rush to the buffet to grab as much as possible.

Sometimes, I wonder. With something like bacon, what percentage of it is wasted. How many times have we seen someone grab a mountain of it, and let it all go to waste.

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

With the cheapest inside cabin @ 2600....enjoy your bacon 7 days a week, I'll suffer through every other on Carnival Don.

I don't cruise on the larger ships such as Carnival and other lines but for other reasons and never had cruised on them even before the bacon crisis.  We do all know that they could get the bacon if they were willing to pay the price.  Are other lines cutting down on bacon or just Carnival?  Do they count out the number of strips you can take on the bacon days?

My link to the Clipper site was real but my post was sort of a joke.

DON

On 8/13/2021 at 3:00 PM, Saint Greg said:

New Orleanians define “debris” (day-bree) as the extra tender little bits of beef that fall off a beef roast as it’s cooking in the oven, all mixed into a garlicky and spicy beef gravy. Mother’s Restaurant in New Orleans is known as the home of the famous debris po-boy.

https://blueplatemayo.com/recipes/new-orleans-style-debris-poboy/

This would be debris and grits on the bottom left.

grits-and-debris-mae.jpg

it looks DELICIOUS!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joebucks said:

We all know how this works. When something becomes harder to find, people just want it more. Some will rush to the buffet to grab as much as possible.

Sometimes, I wonder. With something like bacon, what percentage of it is wasted. How many times have we seen someone grab a mountain of it, and let it all go to waste.

Put toilet paper behind the sneeze guard and they will forget all about the bacon.

I've also lost count of how many times I've seem people pick through a whole tray of bacon, inspecting each slice, breaking most, before deciding on the best of the best.

On 8/13/2021 at 9:40 AM, tm_aw_love said:

Yet another thing to complain about I suppose.

That's too far.. 

Masks, now this...

This is the final straw...

I'm cancelling right now...

Carnival has lost another customer forever... 

Which ones am I forgetting everybody? 

😂

I'm Platinum (or Diamond) and therefore I should get bacon every day!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1