Sailing out of Florida with a Florida drivers license only.

My wife forgot to renew her passport.  We sent it out expedited on 8/6 2021.  We have one cruise on 9/10 and a second cruise on 11/14.  If her passport does not arrive in time, can she still sail on just her drivers license?  We live in Florida.  She also does not have a birth certificate and has been told it is 3 months to get a replacement.  Should I start looking for a wife replacement? 😀

Dave

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, h18furball said:

She also does not have a birth certificate and has been told it is 3 months to get a replacement. 

Wow! Here in Ga, we can go to any county courthouse and get a copy on the spot during business hours.  Ive used VitalChek as well.  Are they saying three months?  

https://www.vitalchek.com/birth-certificates

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mabbiez said:

I was able to get my birth certificate in a couple of days. I used VitalCheck. It was a little more expensive but it was very fast.

That's who I used. I think expedited was a little extra but if you need it you need it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Maybe the OP does not live near to the birth county, which makes that impossible.

Not sure how FL is but here in Ga, it doesnt have to be the birth county.  It can be any county courthouse.  

Just now, not-enough-cruising said:

but if you are in GA, and were born in Michigan, you have a dilemma.

Then you use Vital Chek.    I seriously doubt it takes three months.  Seems like I got mine in a couple weeks.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DonnaMW said:

Enhanced state drivers license also accepted.  When I checked in for a cruise last month it was listed as a form of Id accepted. Surprised me. 

It has to be an "enhanced" license and not a "real ID"- the enhanced license is only available in a few states and according to this list, FL isn't one.  https://www.uspassporthelpguide.com/enhanced-drivers-license/, Real ID is only valid for domestic flights/travel Real ID Information, Here's a bit more: What's an enhanced drivers license?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2021 at 8:47 AM, h18furball said:

My wife forgot to renew her passport.  We sent it out expedited on 8/6 2021.  We have one cruise on 9/10 and a second cruise on 11/14.  If her passport does not arrive in time, can she still sail on just her drivers license?  We live in Florida.  She also does not have a birth certificate and has been told it is 3 months to get a replacement.  Should I start looking for a wife replacement? 😀

Dave

If noo passport, need BOTH DL and BC

On 8/13/2021 at 5:47 AM, h18furball said:

Dave

I see a potential problem, by Oct either a pass port or the new ID DL's will be needed to fly domestically. I renewed my PP early as when we cruise next April to Barcelona, it will only have 6 months left and I wasn't sure how long it would take. They received my PP on July 26th and I got it back  2 weeks ago, the original this past week.