LIVE - Equinox 8/15/21 - Ultimate Caribbean - It’s finally here!

aring75

Dear "aring75,"

Some day -- we promise -- we will leave you in peace, but ...

1.  We may have overlooked it somehow, but we think that you have not yet posted a photo of the Pool Bar's beverage menu.  They do have some unique items there, we believe.

2.  We're not sure if you posted the Spa Cafe's menu (which has smoothies and unusual fresh-squeezed juices -- as well as various foods).

Thanks.

1 hour ago, jg51 said:

Dear "aring75,"

Some day -- we promise -- we will leave you in peace, but ...

1.  We may have overlooked it somehow, but we think that you have not yet posted a photo of the Pool Bar's beverage menu.  They do have some unique items there, we believe.

2.  We're not sure if you posted the Spa Cafe's menu (which has smoothies and unusual fresh-squeezed juices -- as well as various foods).

Thanks.

Our friend, Mike, has a great site of all his travels. His love is to share them with everyone. The travels are complete with reviews, photos and menus. Enjoy - get a big cup of coffee.....

www.thepriesmans.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

I enjoyed Q-sine (the original Q-sine concept) a couple times on Silhouette & Reflection.  For my upcoming Equinox sailing I noticed they recently changed the available Le Petit Chef options.   The original Le Petit Chef is there and it appears to be the new one as well, Le Petit Chef and Family.  It wasn't like this a couple of weeks ago (It was originally Le Petit & Le Petit and Friends).  I knew the new menu was going to be on the Apex but it seems it may be working it's way to other ships.   They also originally had Le Petit Chef at the second half of the cruise but now it's showing on the first half of the cruise.   The new menu also has a different alternate menu.

We're on the same upcoming sailing so if the new menu is actually offered, you can try it.  😃

🍹

Good morning!

Thanks for the Qsine replies. Really wish they would bring back the old Qsine menu/style in some way - very much enjoys, and only so much of the hologram. BTW, Kathy and I (and Dad) are on the December 10th Equinox - hoping the islands work out the kinks by then.

• Like 1

aring75, have you had a chance to attending any of the glass shows?

We enjoyed attending them years ago when we were on the Celebrity Solstice.

In fact they had to cancel one of the shows when a swarm of bees invaded the area.

Aring75, not sure if this is a duplicate question, but curious how anytime dining is being addressed. Are they placing 6-8 at a table, or just seating individual parties based on their party amount? 

25 minutes ago, choochella said:

Aring75, not sure if this is a duplicate question, but curious how anytime dining is being addressed. Are they placing 6-8 at a table, or just seating individual parties based on their party amount? 

We love anytime dining. It's on a different level (deck) than fixed dining.
Just show up, and if they have a table for 2, the maitre'd will seat you.
If not, he/she will ask if you are willing to share.
Your other options are Oceanview Cafe or a specialty restaurant.
Barbara 🙂

16 minutes ago, alibaba1 said:

We love anytime dining. It's on a different level (deck) than fixed dining.
Just show up, and if they have a table for 2, the maitre'd will seat you.
If not, he/she will ask if you are willing to share.
Your other options are Oceanview Cafe or a specialty restaurant.
Barbara 🙂

Thx Barbara. We have sailed Celebrity many times and have enjoyed the anytime dining and always sat at a table with others. It’s a great way to meet fellow passengers. I was just curious if this method of dining was still practiced in lieu of the pandemic, or if you were seated at a table with whomever was in your party. 

18 hours ago, alibaba1 said:

www.thepriesmans.com

@alibaba1This link is not working for me.  Is there possibly a typo?

@aring75Thank you so much for all of the details you have shared!  We will be sailing on Celebrity for the first time and you have given me a great education.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, alibaba1 said:

Our friend, Mike, has a great site of all his travels. His love is to share them with everyone. The travels are complete with reviews, photos and menus. Enjoy - get a big cup of coffee.....

www.thepriesmans.com

Yes, "alibaba1," we agree that the Preismans' site is a great one (which we have been visiting for more than five years) ... but you misspelled the URL.  It is

www.thepreismans.com

Mike has not posted anything there in 2021, so some of his info is slightly dated.  Some of the last cruise's info (from February, 2020) is still up-to-date.  It's sad that his wife died.

15 minutes ago, Daneenm said:

Please see the correction above, "Daneenm."

Edited by jg51
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Daneenm said:

@aring75Thank you so much for all of the details you have shared!  We will be sailing on Celebrity for the first time and you have given me a great education.

the correct link https://www.thepreismans.com

the op switched the ei to ie   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2021 at 8:39 PM, aring75 said:

Broadway show tonight. This will be the 3rd production show featuring the singers and dancers so far. 

D1AAC311-EA26-47BF-B842-76F2353B961C.thumb.png.5757b602b6ae5dc58aa988f404c81988.png

Also. There is an 80s party tonight!

Radical. 

Wouldn’t you know it. I forgot to pack my leg warmers. 

7192FDFE-83CD-4134-ABB4-425C6A4CC574.thumb.png.d17e2a44177b08eee7a8fce5e72f684a.png

Did you go to the 80’s show?  We’re there any one dressed the part? Was it more of a party or a show?  Thank you for all you’re sharing. 

6 hours ago, choochella said:

Thx Barbara. We have sailed Celebrity many times and have enjoyed the anytime dining and always sat at a table with others. It’s a great way to meet fellow passengers. I was just curious if this method of dining was still practiced in lieu of the pandemic, or if you were seated at a table with whomever was in your party. 

Choochella, we were on the Equinox a few weeks ago. At that time, they were seating people with other passengers not in your travel group, if you wished. However, in our experience it didn't seem to be working very well. Since we were sailing at reduced capacity (somewhere between 40-50%), you might have to wait a long time for others to arrive at your table. It seems that most passengers request private tables. On our last night, we experienced unusually slow service while waiting for others to join our table. Another time, we just gave up and asked to be moved to a table for two so that we could go ahead and be served. This may not be a problem for you if you are OK with long dining times. Depends on whatever other plans you have for the evening in addition to dinner. Also, as they ramp up capacity (and I have no idea what the plan is for that), with more passengers on board you may find tablemates more quickly.

But the short answer to your question is that yes, in spite of Covid, they are (or were, on our July 25 cruise) seating strangers together if you wished. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LMHSRN said:

It's 2:54 a.m. and you have arrived back in port.  Welcome home.

Yes, but we’re scheduled to move again.  We came in early due to a medical emergency.  We are scheduled to move to terminal 25 at 6:00.  Not sure why we didn’t go directly to terminal 25.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mayleeman said:

Remember from grade school: i before e except after c, and a whole bunch of other exceptions that have no rhyme or reason except to give teachers some chuckles on spelling tests.

Sorry about that folks. No need to rub it in.
I was typing very quickly, so don't call the spelling police.
We have sailed with Mike and Carol and just wanted to share their wonderful site.

https://www.thepreismans.com

Happy Now?

Edited by alibaba1

3 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Yes, but we’re scheduled to move again.  We came in early due to a medical emergency.  We are scheduled to move to terminal 25 at 6:00.  Not sure why we didn’t go directly to terminal 25.

WOW you guys are up early!

On 8/20/2021 at 2:39 AM, aring75 said:

First course was a lobster bisque. The one in the MDR tastes like lobster broth with no actual lobster. My bowl had four good-sized pieces of lobster. 

703B7D10-A84C-4F65-9B9E-32B7D69381BA.thumb.jpeg.ef969e01cef1b093320020684f436694.jpeg

Next up was the pork belly. It had roasted apple pieces and parsnip purée. 

FF51B39A-C3F3-498E-844E-99F4AB7DA6C3.thumb.jpeg.c902e370c1c22d038eab13a1cb4f6ae7.jpeg

We decided to share the chateaubriand for two and then share an order of the lobster. 

They prepared our chateaubriand, but decided we each needed our own lobster tail. This was so much food. 

9D397DB5-8A09-45D0-91B3-5B97E11012A9.thumb.jpeg.280d1505f25b5eb8e12ac6ee4fefbc47.jpeg

992FF3B2-1F14-45CF-BBCC-1B203BAA78C7.thumb.jpeg.87bc73c3cca2a5150772eeb9cc134ca5.jpeg

Do they ask how well done you want it? Or is it standard medium rare ?

5 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Appeared it was due to the fact a very large freighter/tanker had to come out by #25.  Once it came out after 6:00am, the EQ moved.