LIVE - Equinox 8/15/21 - Ultimate Caribbean - It’s finally here!

aring75

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I think the confusion for some has been if the Antigen and rapid Antigen test are one and the same. The answer is yes they are the same thing. CVS does not offer the rapid tests in all locations, in San Antonio we have about 8 of the total 40+ CVS locations offering rapid testing. To do the rapid test the CVS has to have the testing equipment in house for the PCR tests the testing samples are sent to regional testing labs which is why it takes a day or two to get results back. We have our appointment for next Tuesday at our CVS for the rapid test.

About how long does it take to get results from the RAPID Antigen test ?

(Sorry if this has been asked and answered already ! 😀  ) 

Thanks 

We had booked a tour ahead of the cruise which was canceled. So after we got on board I tried to book a new excursion. There was one called “Sea Life Safari by Zodiac.”

8E7851D1-3BB3-48ED-9E26-D7470033CCF0.thumb.png.18cafd83f16b47ceb6e2c47675a08257.png

The description of this tour is below. 

9BCE251D-3359-49E0-B03E-7DA64B8AA520.thumb.png.f3185eb11e95c337ea4279479eff2372.png

However, when I tried to book through the app, it would let me choose for me but Mark’s name was grayed out. I was unable to book for him. I asked about this at the ShoreEx desk and, apparently, you cannot book this tour if you are over 65. It doesn’t say anything about this in the description so this was disappointing. 

0F9B9388-D87D-4690-84AD-3393691F6B2E.thumb.png.187eda284e6dba0811642ddd2e512e72.png

So….we don’t have a tour today in Dominica. But just FYI, you must do a ship-sponsored tour here. If you are fully vaccinated, you can disembark for a set of guided shopping stops, but you must bring your vaccine card with you. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sasset said:

Thanks 

CVS called with our results in 20 minutes. The digital copy was available online in 3 or 4 hours. We received an email when the online confirmation was available. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, sasset said:

Thanks 

CVS says you can wait at the pharmacy for the results in less than 30 minutes or they will email you that day. When I have been tested before I waited for the email and digital records which were done in an hour or two. This is the same rapid testing that Celebrity does at the FLL terminal for unvaccinated children under 12 at check in.

Edited by terrydtx

50 minutes ago, aring75 said:

However, when I tried to book through the app, it would let me choose for me but Mark’s name was grayed out. I was unable to book for him. I asked about this at the ShoreEx desk and, apparently, you cannot book this tour if you are over 65. It doesn’t say anything about this in the description so this was disappointing. 

I have seen this when booking excursions for our cruise, it seems Celebrity thinks if we are over 65 we are feeble and immobile. At 71 my DW and I are in great physical shape and have nothing that would limit us from  extraneous excursions. In fact I am  in better shape than when I was 60. I very much resent Celebrity's exclusions based purely on age.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 8

45 minutes ago, aring75 said:

We had booked a tour ahead of the cruise which was canceled. So after we got on board I tried to book a new excursion. There was one called “Sea Life Safari by Zodiac.”

8E7851D1-3BB3-48ED-9E26-D7470033CCF0.thumb.png.18cafd83f16b47ceb6e2c47675a08257.png

The description of this tour is below. 

9BCE251D-3359-49E0-B03E-7DA64B8AA520.thumb.png.f3185eb11e95c337ea4279479eff2372.png

0F9B9388-D87D-4690-84AD-3393691F6B2E.thumb.png.187eda284e6dba0811642ddd2e512e72.png

So….we don’t have a tour today in Dominica. But just FYI, you must do a ship-sponsored tour here. If you are fully vaccinated, you can disembark for a set of guided shopping stops, but you must bring your vaccine card with you. 

They would not allow him on a whale watching excursion because he is over 65!?!  Now that is truly ridiculous!!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, aring75 said:

Does that mean that would can go out (for this set of guided shoppings stops) even if you don't book any ship-sponsored tour ? Is this "set" free or cost something ?

If you participate to the "set", please don't hesitate to share it here 🙂

Thank you so much for sharing all this information with us ! Being on the same itinerary on Sept 5th, everything here will be useful 🙂 

16 days until it is happening for us 🙂

What is the book a future cruise on board incentive currently? It used to be you would get OBC to use while on board your current cruise.  Also what if I book an Azamara cruise while on board?  Same incentives?  Sorry if already mentioned.  Please refer me to correct post.  Sorry we will not be hearing about that awesome excursion you wanted to go on in Dominica.  Your live thread is da bomb!💥

Edited by Stem to Stern

39 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

What is the book a future cruise on board incentive currently? It used to be you would get OBC to use while on board your current cruise.  Also what if I book an Azamara cruise while on board?  Same incentives?  Sorry if already mentioned.  Please refer me to correct post.  Sorry we will not be hearing about that awesome excursion you wanted to go on in Dominica.  Your live thread is da bomb!💥

Azamara is no longer part of the RCCL family.. They were sold off last year, so doubtful you would be able to book them on a Celebrity cruise.

Royal Caribbean Sells Azamara Brand and Ships to a Private Equity Firm (maritime-executive.com)

Edited by terrydtx
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 39august said:

Are there now hand washing stations in the Ocean View Cafe, please? And if so, where located?

They have the door propped open to the restroom on either side of the entrance with a sign reminding people to wash their hands, however, they are not requiring it. They do have someone standing at the entrance giving out hand sanitizer. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, richardsavage said:

Does that mean that would can go out (for this set of guided shoppings stops) even if you don't book any ship-sponsored tour ? Is this "set" free or cost something ?

If you participate to the "set", please don't hesitate to share it here 🙂

Thank you so much for sharing all this information with us ! Being on the same itinerary on Sept 5th, everything here will be useful 🙂 

16 days until it is happening for us 🙂

Not sure if you can tell from the photos, but the way into town is blocked off with barricades on every street. 

5AF4EA3B-4B14-438D-B977-D9BAB9DF9246.thumb.jpeg.f54667db32480348cfe6e54f993ec103.jpeg

2F2AC02B-9DBD-4446-A8DE-632989715349.thumb.jpeg.1ee9418d34d858747d4b49fbcda6e6f9.jpeg

0C563CCE-1D9F-469A-9501-FF1736B9BA4D.thumb.jpeg.943b4c91f177f85d17adc7371daebb55.jpeg

You can go into the museum (in the last photo). It’s right at the end of the pier. There are vendors in a small courtyard area. There are also a few small buildings when you turn left at the end of pier. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I have seen this when booking excursions for our cruise, it seems Celebrity thinks if we are over 65 we are feeble and immobile. At 71 my DW and I are in great physical shape and have nothing that would limit us from  extraneous excursions. In fact I am  in better shape than when I was 60. I very much resent Celebrity's exclusions based purely on age.

LOL!!!!!!!   I got twisted when I could not book a Celebrity excursion via the website the reason being my age and I am way past 65.  However I was able to book a very similar excursion on another island.  I looked into it.  It wasn't Celebrity in my way.  It is the insurance coverage the tour operator has that determines the maximum age allowed.  That made me feel a bit better.

Edited by Beba-Beba
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I very much resent Celebrity's exclusions based purely on age.

I don't blame you for being resentful, but blame the tour company's insurer, not Celebrity. There are several excursion providers who provide tours both for cruise ship passengers and for the general public (separate, not mixed tours). The cost booking as a cruise passenger is aways higher, sometime significantly so, but the restrictions (age, weight, etc.) are constant however you book.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 8:58 AM, cltnccruisers said:

Statesville?  You've had some nasty weather earlier this week.  Not so bad down here.

Yes we had a few scary hours with tornado warnings. According to channel 3 it came awful close to us.  Address is Statesville but we live close to Love Valley and they kept mentioning that.  Eek!

19 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

We always bring our favorite nuts ( cashews and almonds) on our cruises.   The last time we were in a RS and out Butler said we could not get mixed or any other nuts in our stateroom because of potential passenger allergies.   I know folks have allergies but it shouldn’t control the food that others eat.

I know this might sound selfish  but my wife and I had to stop cruising with anther couple, becouse of his food alergies. It just spoiled our dinners.

• Like 1

So earlier I mentioned that the shopping on Dominica was guided. Turns out we weren’t guided so much as directed where to go. 

So, yes, the museum of Dominica is open. 

4E9A9DD1-3A36-43FD-85D1-F2B794456AB8.thumb.jpeg.6c27f5eaf14956288e33f74c24743565.jpeg

There’s also the little wooden kiosks. These were to the left when you exited the pier. 

DCDB456E-6B85-45F4-A040-EC30A2675EA2.thumb.jpeg.8ba46a39d5803b6c4cb0780e8f84113c.jpeg

There’s also a duty free shop. 

DDCE44E8-F343-4DFC-8781-52F8DB8D60D9.thumb.jpeg.c921c9b09edde1c41c9737a0e6c0f6e4.jpeg

And we didn’t realize until later that there was one more shop all the way to the right when you exit the pier. 

7571A342-929E-40C2-85E9-4896C2E4D18D.thumb.jpeg.316825c9a47fb927b2ebd927f7f41211.jpeg

Again, this is only with proof of vaccination. Masks indoors. And hand sanitizer at the doorway of some locations. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stunned said:

Have a fun day in Dominica! This is my favorite port in the Caribbean (mainly because of the wonderful people we have met here and the memories they help create).

Yes! We have been here three times before and have booked excursions (like to Trafalgar Falls and the rainforest tour) and the thing I always tell Mark about Dominica is that I always feel welcome. The people here are friendly, welcoming, and amazingly generous. We love coming here!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LMHSRN said:

Sorry to beat this to death, but things change so fast.  The Rapid Antigen Test you got, was it the NAAT at CVS?

Okay. I absolutely realize that people just want to be 100% sure they are doing the right thing. I get that no one wants their cruise ruined for something so small. 

So this is what I did. Go to the cvs . com site. On the first page I clicked “COVID-19 resource center.” On the next page, click “schedule a test.”

Then you will need to enter your zip code. You will need to find the zip of your hotel if you are arriving very early for your cruise (or if there’s nowhere near you that offers the rapid antigen test).

Answer a short questionnaire. Make sure you select that you need a COVID test for safe travel. Most insurance companies cover the cost of testing for this reason. 

On the next page, be SURE to select “rapid antigen”. This is important because not all cvs locations do the rapid testing. And according to the cvs in our area, the labs are being inundated with PCR tests. While they strive for 1-2 day turnaround, in some cases they said results don’t come back for 4-5 days. 

13107FA0-B7C9-4440-AE26-AF209A296951.thumb.png.f9f159ad6bf846e978f98c35bf71f173.png

Once you choose your zip code and test type, any location near you which performs the rapid test will pop up with available test dates and times. Schedule your test and show up at your assigned time.

The entire testing process took less than five minutes and is easy and painless. (You swab your own nose. They ask you to swirl a q-tip around each nostril 5 or 6 times and drop the test sample into a small vial. Nothing to it.)

We received a call approximately 20 minutes later informing us of the negative result. And results were available online in 3-4 hours. You will have to set up a cvs my chart account to access your results, but that was not difficult.

This is the method we used and had no difficulty with the test. Or with acceptance at the pier. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4