Club Class Dining

dave_k58

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Plus we chose to be seated with the same waitstaff each evening so that made the experience all the more personal.

Just like good old traditional dining.  Princess needs to honor their promise for same staff, table, time for the regular old dining room.  We shouldn't have to pay extra in order to get what they promised us.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LinnieRed said:

We are booked on an upcoming trip in Club Class on the Majestic and it will be our first time on a Princess cruise, we agave always taken NCL. 
Can anyone tell me what the boarding situation is on Club Class? There is supposed to be “priority embarkation, but what is this? Do we just show up any time and go to a priority area? 
thanks in advance. 

They basically took us up to the front of the line. We had our own line, but you went through pretty darn fast.

7 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

We were in Club Class on the Majestic last week.  They didn't do any of the dishes prepared within view due to Covid restrictions so they were only offering a special entree each evening.  I tried most of the ones that were offered when we were there but my favorite was the Mahi Mahi with pesto / vegetable linguini the first night.  It had to be one of the best meals I've had onboard.  Other nights they had surf and turf, lobster thermador etc.  It was especially nice to be in Club Class for this sailing as the lines for the MDR were long at times, so being able to be seated immediately for breakfast, lunch, and dinner was a nice feature.  Plus we chose to be seated with the same waitstaff each evening so that made the experience all the more personal.

Even though it was select dining, we generally had about 6-8 staff  members attending to us throughout our Hawaii cruise in 2020. Never had the same each night, but was rotated by where we were seated. Either way we got to know our extended family quite well & thoroughly enjoyed them.

39 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

I am traveling solo in Club Class in December. What will they do with me in the dining room? I assume no shared tables??

Shared if you want but only with people eligible for club class dining. You may want to ask if people entering around the same time as you would like company 

53 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

I am traveling solo in Club Class in December. What will they do with me in the dining room? I assume no shared tables??

Not sharing tables was one of the downsides for us when we had Club Class. That said, some of the tables for two were close enough together to have a conversation with the people at the other table. We also arranged with others (parents, adult child, and friend) to have dinner together a couple of times during our cruise. We would meet them at Vines and arrive together. Once we had to wait for a table because there was only one large enough to accommodate six. 

6 hours ago, rbtan said:

Even though it was select dining, we generally had about 6-8 staff  members attending to us throughout our Hawaii cruise in 2020. Never had the same each night, but was rotated by where we were seated. Either way we got to know our extended family quite well & thoroughly enjoyed them.

I much prefer to have the same wait staff every night and let the head waiter know of my preference.  He tried very hard to accommodate my wishes.  On that one night he could not sit me in "Fernando's" section, the head waiter set me up at a different table and asked Fernando to take care of me.  I know, it was an outlandish request.  But we had a good time throughout the cruise.  All of the wait staff in CC is outstanding.  If it were a short cruise, it wouldn't have mattered as much.

5 hours ago, memoak said:

Shared if you want but only with people eligible for club class dining. You may want to ask if people entering around the same time as you would like company 

In most cases they will try to seat you at a table with others.

On 8/16/2021 at 6:30 PM, stevenr597 said:

When we book Princess we go Club Class. 

When we book Celebrity we go Aqua Class

I'm with you there. On Celebrity, we took either Aqua Class or the Retreat for about the last 10 cruises. I don't think we'll see quite the difference in Club Class dining. We've not been in a main dining room for quite a few years 😀  Sailing in MSC's Yacht club next week, Princess Club Class in November, and Celebrity Sky Suite for New Years cruise.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rbtan said:

Do you think they will really do that? I hope so. I am trying to decide if I should move to a regular mini suite being alone. If they don;t put me with a shared table I would have to eat alone.

Also I have a starboard club class and I really want port side......

Such problems..................lol and look at the poor Afghans........ Kinda makes me wonder what I am doing

7 hours ago, rbtan said:

In normal anytime dining they ask if you wish to share.

But for Club Class they do not try to put together several different parties at the same table and then start service when the table is full.

1 minute ago, geoherb said:

@rabin1 Our experience with Club Class was that they did not have shared tables unless you arrived together and asked to sit together. 

thank you all. Maybe I should give up my club class cabin and find a regular mini suite. Where would I go with that cabin just the regular line?

7 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

thank you all. Maybe I should give up my club class cabin and find a regular mini suite. Where would I go with that cabin just the regular line?

Before you do this:

Have you checked your roll call for another passenger who is traveling Solo in Club Class?

Be mindful that you may have to cancel booking altogether to re-fare.  Will you then save money or cost you more?

I am also speculating that if a regular mini is more expensive than what you paid for your CC mini...that you could always dine in the MDR instead of Club Class.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

Yes. I'm about to experience how well making reservations with the medallion app works when I'm on the Majestic next week. I'm also sailing solo. Right now, I have a standing reservation for 8:00 in the Symphony Dining Room. Someone writing on one of the live threads on these first cruises said she got to share tables at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. That's what I'm hoping for, but I'm also prepared to eat alone if the Covid precautions next week call for that. It's going to be interesting to see how it goes.

I have taken three solo cruises previously. On one of them, I had flaky tablemates who all did not bother to show up 40% of the time (2 out of 5 nights), so I ended up dining alone those nights. Two other nights were open seating due to late departures from ports. The single woman at our table showed up twice, one couple showed up twice, and the other couple showed up three times. 

18 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Before you do this:

Have you checked your roll call for another passenger who is traveling Solo in Club Class?

Be mindful that you may have to cancel booking altogether to re-fare.  Will you then save money or cost you more?

I am also speculating that if a regular mini is more expensive than what you paid for your CC mini...that you could always dine in the MDR instead of Club Class.  

Here is the whole problem. I have bought and already paid in full for a premium balcony. Then I got it in my head I wanted to try club class. I only booked the club class 2 nights ago. I put a deposit on it. I don;t like starboard I like port side but took it anyway and keep checking to switch. I want all the perks in Club Class but not being on port side and not being able to eat with others is the problems. I know I am being a PITA but if I am going to spend that kind of money which I don;t have a problem with I want to be happy.

Thanks for your idea of moving to regular dining and staying in CC but them there is the starboard side. I am nosy and like watching the people on the port side..............lol

Kathy

44 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

You can try out Club Class the first night and if you do not like the arrangements you can always just go to anytime the other nights.  Club Class is a perk not a have to eat there because you have a Club Class mini suite.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rabin1 said:

Our one-time experience:
We (DW & I) have been on only one Club Class (CC) cruise but quite a few Traditional Dining (TD) cruises.

On our first CC dinner nite, the Headwaiter (HW) approached us and asked us whether we would feel comfortable if he could request a single gentleman to join us. And we said that would be great.

He not only joined us that evening but at our suggestion agreed to join us for the next 9 days. We then let the HW know.

My suggestion is you request HW in CC that you would prefer to join others.

Try CC a few evenings and then decide whether you wish to switch to TD because

the personalized CC dining is worthwhile. With this new Dining My Way, the traditional dining is also not what used to be.

Edited by sultan_sfo
  • Like 2

When we booked our CC cabin in 2020 we wanted traditional seating. It was available, but not located in CC it was in another dining room for those who preferred traditional seating. We decided not to go that route, because it did require waiting for a table to free up. So we only sit in the CC section.

4 hours ago, JudithLynne said:

Where do suite passengers have breakfast on Majestic?

Not being on that ship, I'd guess either: one of the main dining rooms, the buffet or Club Class. We did find the food a bit of a notch above the main dining areas when dining in CC but nothing really over & above except the ambience & attention to detail were, in our opinion a lot better than the main dini ng rooms.

2 minutes ago, rbtan said:

Not being on that ship, I'd guess either: one of the main dining rooms, the buffet or Club Class. We did find the food a bit of a notch above the main dining areas when dining in CC but nothing really over & above except the ambience & attention to detail were, in our opinion a lot better than the main dini ng rooms.

Not being on the ship either, I do know that suite breakfast is served in one of the upcharge restaurants.  I would guess Harmony since that is in the location of Sabatinis on other Royal-class ships.

My friend, we know you prefer club class to the MDR.  You have enlightened us many times on that point. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rbtan said:

It would not be in any location other than one of the specialty restaurants. I can just imagine a space within a space if you used CC

3 hours ago, Kay S said:

Not being on the ship either, I do know that suite breakfast is served in one of the upcharge restaurants.  I would guess Harmony since that is in the location of Sabatinis on other Royal-class ships.

My friend, we know you prefer club class to the MDR.  You have enlightened us many times on that point. 

The food really isn't that much better. It's the feeling of not being rushed to get you out in time for the next seating. The staff generally has more time to get to know you & us them. It's those little attentions to details that makes it worth more to us.

Edited by rbtan
spelling

8 hours ago, JudithLynne said:

Where do suite passengers have breakfast on Majestic?

It was in Harmony on our sailing on the 8th.  We didn't qualify for it but it had definitely moved from the Crown Grill where it was when we were on the ship in 2019 (and qualified for it) to the Harmony for the Alaska sailings.

• Like 1