The Daily for Tuesday August 17, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, lindaler said:

I will post just a note. I have been nursing my service dog all week and last night she crossed the bridge. I will miss her so much but she had fun while she was my service dog and allowed me to start traveling and cruising again. I just wanted you all to know why I’ve been so quiet. 

Linda. 

I am so sorry. Bless you for nursing her.  It is the hardest part about having a fur family. 

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

DH was just outside dodging raindrops to pick up mail.  He saw Paul next door and called over asking how Brenda and her brother are.  Brenda hasn't had a fever now for several days, thank goodness.  But her brother passed away this morning.  The family has decided on a double funeral this coming Saturday and it will be graveside services only, not indoors.  Even so I think they should be wearing masks in case someone else is positive and asymptomatic.  Since it sounds like family only we won't be attending.

So sorry about Brenda's brother.  I has been a difficult time for them.  I hope Brenda's recovery goes smoothly and no aftereffects.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

She brought me out of a dark and lonely place, so because of all we have worked on over the last six years I believe I will be able to do the cruise in September. I’m sure there will be rough spots but I’ve actually thought about getting a teddy bear for the cruise. Just something to hug. 

We are on the 9/4 and 9/11 b2b Alaska cruises.  Which one are you on?  I'd like to be on the lookout for you.  I agree re the bear. 

• Like 10

Oh my goodness, a lot of sadness and heavy hearts on the Daily today. So extremely hard to lose a furry friend (and especially a service dog, I'm sure), so worrisome to have friends or family in Afghanistan right now, so bothersome/anxiety-causing to have a root canal and so sad to still have to be dealing with the ongoing disaster of the pandemic. My nephew works in a hospital a few hours from us and the ICU nurses posted a video on YouTube yesterday, sad, tragic, frustrating. All their ICU patients are the unvaxed, and why are we still having this debate? GET VAXED!!! I will be very happy to bare my arm for the booster shot whenever it's available. Sending virtual support to our healthcare workers everywhere, firefighters out battling the wildfires, police trying to keep the peace and the military being sent overseas and everywhere. 

Sending best wishes to all the Dailyites and friends and family. Love the pictures and menu items and tidbits and news, thank you all for posting.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, CruiseMGM said:

Oh my goodness, a lot of sadness and heavy hearts on the Daily today. So extremely hard to lose a furry friend (and especially a service dog, I'm sure), so worrisome to have friends or family in Afghanistan right now, so bothersome/anxiety-causing to have a root canal and so sad to still have to be dealing with the ongoing disaster of the pandemic. My nephew works in a hospital a few hours from us and the ICU nurses posted a video on YouTube yesterday, sad, tragic, frustrating. All their ICU patients are the unvaxed, and why are we still having this debate? GET VAXED!!! I will be very happy to bare my arm for the booster shot whenever it's available. Sending virtual support to our healthcare workers everywhere, firefighters out battling the wildfires, police trying to keep the peace and the military being sent overseas and everywhere. 

Sending best wishes to all the Dailyites and friends and family. Love the pictures and menu items and tidbits and news, thank you all for posting.

Well said.  Thank you.

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

So sorry about Brenda's brother.  I has been a difficult time for them.  I hope Brenda's recovery goes smoothly and no aftereffects.

I sure hope so, too.  She must have a very heavy heart today with all the loss in their family.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

DH was just outside dodging raindrops to pick up mail.  He saw Paul next door and called over asking how Brenda and her brother are.  Brenda hasn't had a fever now for several days, thank goodness.  But her brother passed away this morning.  The family has decided on a double funeral this coming Saturday and it will be graveside services only, not indoors.  Even so I think they should be wearing masks in case someone else is positive and asymptomatic.  Since it sounds like family only we won't be attending.

Prayers for all of you. I can not begin to imagine Brenda’s pain. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

I will post just a note. I have been nursing my service dog all week and last night she crossed the bridge. I will miss her so much but she had fun while she was my service dog and allowed me to start traveling and cruising again. I just wanted you all to know why I’ve been so quiet. 

😢🌈💔🙏😢

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily. Second time trying to post this!

Interesting days. I like to browse thrift shops for kitchen items, plus donate to them. Balloon Air Mail - hadn't heard of that. I am a baby boomer.

Hmmm on the quote.

The meal sounds good, but too many carbs for me. I will pass on the drink, but take the wine.

I'm not familiar with today's destination and had to Google it. I haven't been there.

Not doing too much today. I made a run to the pharmacy for some meds already. Showers off and on here. We'll get rain from tropical depression Fred tomorrow.

@rafinmd Prayers for your Fire Dept VP and the VBS staff member. Any menus you post are appreciated. Good luck with the root canal.

@Sharon in AZ I'm hoping your DM's radiation goes well.

@jimgev I am a retired healthcare worker, and agree wholeheartedly. Thank you to your wife. I also fear that people needing non-Covid ICU/ER treatment won't be able to be accommodated. Luckily, we still have 25% of ICU beds open, although other states are trying to send patients here.

@ger_77 Wow on that sky from the smoke. I hope your friends stay safe.

@lindaler So sorry for the loss of your beloved 4-legged companion.

@StLouisCruisers So sorry about Brenda's brother. I am glad to hear that she is doing better.

@Norseh2o Definitely I'll pray for your nephew Wil and thank him for his service. I have a friend in Germany who went to Afghanistan twice in the military and I'm hoping he does not have to go again. 

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask!

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I sure hope so, too.  She must have a very heavy heart today with all the loss in their family.

Sending our condolences for Brenda for the sad loss of her brother.

Stay safe 😷.

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good morning again.  It has been a busy and sad morning on the Daily, but having a sharing family helps get us through tough, sad times.  I am very thankful to be a part of this wonderful, caring group.

@rafinmd  Roy, good wishes for an uneventful root canal, which I agree are never fun.  Like you, we are looking at late October for our booster vaccine shot.  I was hoping it would be after six months, but the news is saying the FDA is going to recommend a booster after eight monts.  A sore arm and maybe a few side affects the next day is worth it to avoid catching Covid in any form of a variant.

@kazu  Jacqui, DH made the same comment about what would have happend if we had this reaction to the polio vaccine.  The Salk vaccine came out when I was in the second grade, and with our parents written permission, we were taken class by class to the caafeteria to get our shots.  The Sabine vaccine was administered on a Saturday at my junior high school.  The difference was our parents had worked hard to support the March of Dimes and to find an end to polio.

@Norseh2o  Sending good thoughts for your nephew and his fellow soldiers safety in Afghanistan and for thieeir safe return. 

@12cruise2  Also, I agree about our gov and also our state Supreme Court for siding with him.  I liked your neighbor's response to the antivaxer.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I can't imagine what Brenda and Paul are going through losing two family members so close together.  My heart goes out to them.  Good news that Brenda hasn't had a fever for several days.  Hoping her recovery is quick and unevenful.

This year, I have been slowly going through all the pictures stored on my computer weed out the bad ones and the duplicates.  With the digital camera I tend to take too many pictures so I can get a good one.

The other day I found these pictures I thought everyone might enjoy.  It is not a sunset or sunrise, but a moon rise.  On October 27, 2015, on our way to Arizona, we camped at the Monahans Sandhills State Park, which is just east of Monahans, TX, on Interstate 20.  For those from California and Arizona, the area is like the Imperial Sand Dunes, but much smaller.  Also, there are no sandrails, dune buggies, etc. running up and down the sand hills.

DSC04187.thumb.JPG.fb2aa2a30edb39908af9b97ec3695e41.JPG

DSC04188.thumb.JPG.487a91de9abe43556b813eab2ea67efb.JPG

Lenda

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lindaler said:

I’m so sorry!  So hard to lose a faithful companion.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh that is so sad for Brenda 😔 Her brother too.  That’s a lot of loss to grasp at one time 😢

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

Please add my nephew, Wil, a member of the 82nd Airborne, to the prayer list. I understand the 82nd landed in Afghanistan today... So happy to have the Daily to read each day, yet sorry to read the sadnesses in today's daily.

Praying this very moment for his safety and for all in harm’s way right now. 🙏

St Louis Sal

Edited by St. Louis Sal
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

What a sad time for that family. My thoughts and prayers go out to them 🙏😢.

St Louis Sal

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@lindalerI am so sorry about the loss of your service dog.  Yes, they are family members and we will always miss them and their unique personalities.  The teddy bear sounds like a wonderful idea.

@jimgev I feel for your wife.  The front line health care workers are taking the brunt of this horrific pandemic and not getting much in the way of help, recognition or respect from those who could do that.  I loved the news story about surgeons pinch hitting at nurses aides in some Texas hospitals.  It is good for them to do that.  The nurses in Columbus, Ohio posted a bill board about the bonuses the CEO (almost a million) and COO (about a half million)  of OSU Wexner Hospital got compared to the bonuses front line workers got ($0).   

@rafinmd I'd love to see the menus from Crystal.  Also, I wish you well with the root canal.  I am sorry you are having to go through that.

@StLouisCruisers I am so sorry for Brenda.  Losing her brother on top of Copeland has to be extremely difficult.  When you can, let her know we are all holding her close to our hearts and feeling her pain.  

@Norseh2o We will definitely keep Wil in our thoughts and prayers and pray for his safety.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, summer slope said:

Good morning.  Love strolling through Thrift Shops. Confusing quote.  I think I'm too old to be a boomer.We have had the meal before, I've made it several times.  It is so good.  Have not been to the port of the Day.  Looking forward to the photo's.

Major prayers for our care list.  It is getting longer each day.  Toasts to those on the Celebration list. Miss Camilla is so beautiful.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Prairie Fire:

Ingredients
1 ounce tequila
2 dashes Tabasco Sauce
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
Pour the tequila into a shot glass.
Add a few dashes of Tabasco to taste.
Serve and enjoy.

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 7.00.23 AM.png

I'd try this.  I don't like the sweet drinks and this one definitely isn't!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, jimgev said:

Good Morning. Thanks for the daily and the lists. Roy, I appreciate your menu suggestions. They make me dream and even inspire me to try some things. Anything you are able to contribute is very much appreciated.

I feel the need to talk about something serious. My DW is an RN who works the night shift at our local hospital. She came home this AM completely exhausted. The hospital is overwhealmed with covid patients. The Emergency room is overflowing with no in-patient beds to put people. ALL of these are people who are not vaccinated. Please, please urge everyone you know to get vaccinated. This is really serious stuff.

Stay safe everyone.

Jim

Jim, may I share this with my friends? People need to understand what is happening in our hospitals.

St Louis Sal

• Like 10

4 hours ago, lindaler said:

What a sad loss. Losing her must be devastating. All our fur babies are precious, but a service dog is truly a special gift. Your memories of her must be so wonderful, that she gave you strength to travel. Take care. 😢🙏

St Louis Sal

• Like 9