Has Panorama sailed yet?

mr. godfredo

7 minutes ago, klfhngr said:

Hope all goes well, we're going on her in Oct.! Want to know when lobster night is!! LOL!

We'll be aboard for the Halloween cruise departing on the 30th. Any new covid procedures are to become effective October 31st. That could make this a unique sailing with two sets of protocols. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, K_e_short said:

Also heard that November protocols might be announced soon (John Health's Facebook said that).

I may also be cruising on that ship in Decembr so eager to hear and see how they restart.

November is a LONG way off, lots can chage, despite whatever JOhn says the procedure is now..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

We'll be aboard for the Halloween cruise departing on the 30th. Any new covid procedures are to become effective October 31st. That could make this a unique sailing with two sets of protocols. 

I'm the week before you! I'll try to save some beers for you 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

November is a LONG way off, lots can chage, despite whatever JOhn says the procedure is now..

No no. Not what the procedures are now, he said that there will be an announcement soon as to what the procedures will be for Nov/Dec.

They made Sept/Oct sailing announcement in July.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

No no. Not what the procedures are now, he said that there will be an announcement soon as to what the procedures will be for Nov/Dec.

They made Sept/Oct sailing announcement in July.

I wouldn't be so quick. Carnival follows the CDC for the most part so the big Nov/Dec announcement will be subject to change at the drop of the CDC's proverbial hat. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

I wouldn't be so quick. Carnival follows the CDC for the most part so the big Nov/Dec announcement will be subject to change at the drop of the CDC's proverbial hat. 

Yes, we had 17 days notice as to the need to test. We are on inaugural voyage for the restart this Saturday. Very disappointed Carnival would not give refunds after the change to testing for vaccinated passengers and additional mask mandates.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I hope they do not publish November protocol now. The numbers could drop,  allowing for relaxed protocols. Waiting is better.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bobbismith said:

I hope they do not publish November protocol now. The numbers could drop,  allowing for relaxed protocols. Waiting is better.

They put out Sept/Oct protocols in July.

I totally agree they should wait but I would love to hear the protocols before my final payment is due. Then i can make an educated decision on what I want to do regarding my cruise.

I also know things can change and feel bad for all those people on cruises were masks are required now.

2 hours ago, roboref said:

Very disappointed Carnival would not give refunds after the change to testing for vaccinated passengers and additional mask mandates.

They did as has been reported by multiple people on the boards.   You obviously took the first no you got as fact.  You should have called back multiple times till you were satisfied. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, K_e_short said:

They put out Sept/Oct protocols in July.

I totally agree they should wait but I would love to hear the protocols before my final payment is due. Then i can make an educated decision on what I want to do regarding my cruise.

I agree.  I do understand things can change but I have a final payment due very soon for a November sailing and I would like at least an idea of the protocols to help make my decision.  I'm planning to reach out an ask for an extension of a week or two. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jelly_Toast said:

I agree.  I do understand things can change but I have a final payment due very soon for a November sailing and I would like at least an idea of the protocols to help make my decision.  I'm planning to reach out an ask for an extension of a week or two. 

Assuming that the same protocols that are currently in place will be extended through November 30, which is a very distinct possibility,  what will you do?