Lift & Shift booking "not eligible for refare" (price drop)

Seems off

What differs would it have made if you canceled and took the refund and applied it to a fare or if you shifted the booking ?

Now if you paid less for the original fare - shifted to a higher price fare and then the new fare dropped - but not below the price paid for original fare - then I agree no refund owed. 

You shouldn’t expect to pay say $2000 for a cruise - shift and upgrade to a $4000 cruise and then when the $4000 cruise drops to $2000 expect a $2000 refund (effectively making the cruise free to you) Your original price paid should be the base for calculation of any difference - if the new sailing goes below that you should be able to get a refund.

• Like 2

My price protected Lift & Shift is less that half the current cost of our new sailing, like we are paying $6200 for an OS For 4 adults including port fees, insurance and prepaid gratuities on Harmony for 7 days.  Price under the current WOW sale is over $17,000.  Don’t really expect a price drop!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, djefferis said:

Seems off

What differs would it have made if you canceled and took the refund and applied it to a fare or if you shifted the booking ?

Now if you paid less for the original fare - shifted to a higher price fare and then the new fare dropped - but not below the price paid for original fare - then I agree no refund owed. 

You shouldn’t expect to pay say $2000 for a cruise - shift and upgrade to a $4000 cruise and then when the $4000 cruise drops to $2000 expect a $2000 refund (effectively making the cruise free to you) Your original price paid should be the base for calculation of any difference - if the new sailing goes below that you should be able to get a refund.

I would agree what matters is what you actually paid for the category, not the price you shifted to which probably was higher at the time. 

• Like 1

I believe that @Ourusualbeachsaid in another thread that as long as the price on your cruise falls below what you paid for it - even if it was a L&S - you can get a reprice.

Like @poocher, all of our L&S prices are at least 1/2 if not 1/3 of the current cruise fare, so there is -0- chance that any of them will get repriced.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I believe that @Ourusualbeachsaid in another thread that as long as the price on your cruise falls below what you paid for it - even if it was a L&S - you can get a reprice.

Like @poocher, all of our L&S prices are at least 1/2 if not 1/3 of the current cruise fare, so there is -0- chance that any of them will get repriced.

In the past week I have done two price drops for L&S sailings. 

• Like 4

We did switch from Rhapsody to Harmony for our lift & shift which was a huge upgrade.  Even back when we did it (when they first offered L&S), the OS on Harmony was $12,000.  I would never consider paying that much for a cruise so this was a too good to pass up opportunity.

• Like 2