Better to book next cruise while on board - can transfer to agent later?

go.without.you

Is it better to book your next cruise while currently on a cruise for the OBC, etc? Also, I normally book thru an online agency that gives me other perks, would I be able to transfer it to them? Some advice please. I'm cruising the Equinox in November and I want to book Edge in the spring.

8 minutes ago, go.without.you said:

Is it better to book your next cruise while currently on a cruise for the OBC, etc? Also, I normally book thru an online agency that gives me other perks, would I be able to transfer it to them? Some advice please. I'm cruising the Equinox in November and I want to book Edge in the spring.

When we are onboard we usually book our future cruises. Getting OBCs and other perks is also a reason we do it. You have up to 30 days from time of purchase to transfer the Celerity booking to a TA. I always tell the onboard booking agent not to let the booking(s) go directly to the TA of record. I make that decision when I get home. Depends on what the TA is offering. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

Here is my question. I normally book with a TA that gives me about 8.5

% of the total cruise fare back as OBC. Are you saying I can book onboard to get Celeb's extra OBC and then transfer to my agent for their additional OBC?

Edited by neverlaysup
typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, neverlaysup said:

Here is my question. I normally book with a TA that gives me about 8% of the total cruise fare back as OBC. Are you saying I can book onboard to get Celeb's extra OBC and then transfer to my agent for their additional OBC?

You will need to speak with your TA but I have transferred my onboard bookings to a TA and received their OBC and other perks they are offering in conjunction with the Celebrity OBC. Celebrity's OBC is nonrefundable and the TA I've used, their OBC is refundable. 

I book all the  time on  board (or buy a future cruise Booking) and transfer to my agent within the  30 days (used to be 60). 

I have had some bookings 90-120 days after bookings transferred that I forgot about and Celebrity allowed my agent to take it.

Just be aware that any onboard booking will automatically be assigned to the TA who booked your current sailing UNLESS you specify otherwise.   I always make sure to keep the new reservation with Celebrity and then deal with my TA to transfer it later.   This way I can verify with him the perks he will be providing and possibility of any better pricing with a group he may be able to add me to. 

The reduced $100 pp deposit is a big benefit in my mind as I'm very willing to take a NRD when I'm only gambling with a $200 deposit.

Also be aware if your TA is able to put you in one of their groups you will have to increase the deposit to the full deposit.  This is a Celebrity requirement for all groups.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neverlaysup said:

% of the total cruise fare back as OBC. Are you saying I can book onboard to get Celeb's extra OBC and then transfer to my agent for their additional OBC?

If you want the reservation to go to your current TA they can take care of that when doing your onboard booking. If fact if you don't want the booking transferred to the TA who has the current booking you must request that the reservation stay with X.

We just booked a cruise for Aug 2022 while on the Equinox last week.  There are definitely additional perks for booking while on board, especially the deposit of $200 ($100 pp).  The cruise consultant asked if I wanted the booking transferred to my current TA, which I did.   (At least he asked because I've had them automatically transfer it to my TA without asking.)   Any perks I received for booking on-board are in addition to those from my TA.

001.jpg

002.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 8/19/2021 at 12:22 PM, neverlaysup said:

Yes, and unless you advise the onboard agent differently, the booking will be sent to the TA on record for the cruise you are currently sailing.