Bahamas Updates Vaccination Requirements

Cruising89143

Having everyone 12 and older to be vaccinated is soon going to be a common requirement for ports everywhere IMO. I'm happy to see that the "private islands" were specifically included, as some CC members seem to view them as independent entities.

• Like 8

https://www.yahoo.com/news/double-jabbed-people-carry-same-140126657.html

Travel related:

Just saw this posted today.  Not familiar with the source or its cited  supporting studies,  but  kind of bursts certain aspects of the vaccination panacea bubble...in terms of spread.

Still worth having imo but testing is a needed adjunct at this point. Masking still  a ?

Guess we,ll do whatever is required for our Jan cruise...hoping things improve by them.

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

This has been the common understanding with Delta for the last several weeks.   I believe that is why Celebrity has instituted the pre sailing testing requirements for vaccinated passengers.

But it is not a requirement to be vaxxed. They have protocols for unvaxxed passengers. That scares me. I will most likely be masking indoors on the ship.

3 hours ago, hcat said:

Travel related:

Just saw this posted today.  Not familiar with the source or its cited  supporting studies,  but  kind of bursts certain aspects of the vaccination panacea bubble...in terms of spread.

Still worth having imo but testing is a needed adjunct at this point. Masking still  a ?

Guess we,ll do whatever is required for our Jan cruise...hoping things improve by them.

95% of the currently hospitalized patients are not vaxxed. The vaccine is more than likely to keep you out of the hospital. That is what makes it have an efficacy of 95%. Preventing serious illness. I agree though that is sad and it has burst the bubble a bit for me too.

Edited by harcin

6 minutes ago, harcin said:

But it is not a requirement to be vaxxed.

Unvaccinated already had to have a PCR test 72 hrs prior to boarding.   My point being I think most of us (and probably Celebrity) thought chances of vaccinated people being able to transmit the virus was very low until lately, this new testing requirement is another step to try to limit the virus getting on the ship.

3 hours ago, hcat said:

Travel related:

The rate of transmission by vaccinated persons is still low compared to non-vaccinated persons, even with Delta, and the danger of an infection/transmission will go down significantly if everyone would just get vaccinated. Everyone on Celeb, practically, is vaccinated, and they are right now collecting real world experience about transmission among vaccinated people and it looks pretty good.