Bahamas Updates Vaccine Requirements

Cruising89143

1 hour ago, Lisichka said:

That is my biggest fear.

Just got my third (booster) shot yesterday.  I still don’t know if I did the right thing by being vaccinated, but what else can we do?

We'll get the booster as soon as we can. We did not get sick and I hope to keep it that way.

Sorry-I don't think anyone should be able to cruise unless vaccinated. Until we get a handle on this thing, It is one way to try and keep things somewhat safe. This 95% vaccinated cruises were a joke. If cruising wants to get started back up and slowly-it's the way to start. [I know-probably gonna catch some flack for that    :flee:]

Heck, now-you can't eat inside a restaurant unless your vaccinated around here.

Even my 'who dat nation' has required vaccines to go see the game at the Dome. Good call I might add.⚜️

• Like 5

23 hours ago, alyssamma said:

PROOF OF CDC VACCINE CARD: You will be required to present your original CDC vaccination card at the pier upon embarkation. Photocopies or pictures of vaccination cards will not be accepted. 

Did you notice ONLY original CDC vaccination card at the Pier. NO photocopies or pictures.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, back-at-it said:

Did you notice ONLY original CDC vaccination card at the Pier. NO photocopies or pictures.

Yeah, but that isn't new...it's been like that since they started sailing again.

Not sure why that would be an issue. I boarded meraviglia today and had to show the orig.

On 8/19/2021 at 8:35 PM, KeepSailing said:

Here is how it is worded in the actual injunction wording, as described by the judge.  It looked like it was a "no ask" concept to me.  Perhaps others might interpret it differently.

FL Covid statute.png

Oh, I absolutely agree with you! I was sure that was the request until I started watching the YT Cruise Vloggers getting their COVID cards out to show at embarkation in July. Our Gov can be crazy intense, but he is really passionate about people's rights and discrimination - all the time (not just in cruising). But in the end, all the right things everyone was doing - including the CDC - turned out not as effective once Delta showed up. We’re in unknown territory.

3 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Yeah, but that isn't new...it's been like that since they started sailing again.

Not sure why that would be an issue. I boarded meraviglia today and had to show the orig.

I was instructed by the person administering my vaccine to laminate my card. I'm wishing I didn't laminate mine but I can't undo it at this point. Do you know anyone cruising who also had a laminated vaccine card?

Edited by kilkoyne

19 hours ago, dexddd said:

As of now, NCL is vaxxed only and no masks.  Will MSC do same now?

Incorrect, NCL 100% vaxxed.....MSC, kids under 12 can be onboard and not vaxxed.

Unless MSC disallows kids I'm guessing the mask requirement won't go away.

Edited by kilkoyne
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kilkoyne said:

I was instructed by the person administering my vaccine to laminate my card. I'm wishing I didn't laminate mine but I can't undo it at this point. Do you know anyone cruising who also had a laminated vaccine card?

Is there something wrong with laminated cards? Isn’t it protection against ripping or getting wet or soiled ect…..?

1 hour ago, Margaretealexander said:

Is there something wrong with laminated cards? Isn’t it protection against ripping or getting wet or soiled ect…..?

The only thing wrong with laminated cards that I am aware of is that it may be difficult to update if a booster is administered.

For my cruise I'm just paranoid that something will go wrong and won't be able to cruise. So, I don't see anything wrong with a laminated card, I just wanted to make sure MSC won't give me a hard time.

51 minutes ago, kilkoyne said:

The only thing wrong with laminated cards that I am aware of is that it may be difficult to update if a booster is administered.

For my cruise I'm just paranoid that something will go wrong and won't be able to cruise. So, I don't see anything wrong with a laminated card, I just wanted to make sure MSC won't give me a hard time.

I imagine when you get your booster, they can give you a new card and add your previous jab dates. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, paceyswife said:

I imagine when you get your booster, they can give you a new card and add your previous jab dates. 

I think this will happen. When I got my second shot I forget to bring my card and they just made a new one for me.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kilkoyne said:

👍 I will ask my provider to give me a new one. 

When I got my third booster shot they would not give me a new card with the other two shots marked on them.  They told me it is possible to do that if all 3 shots were done at the same place and they had a record of the other 2 shots, but short of that is was a hard no.  They said too many fake cards out there.  I had my first 2 shots done at a county Drive through vaccination clinic and the third at Walgreens.

I did have my original shot record CDC card with me, but it still was a “no”.

Edited by Lisichka

11 hours ago, fdcruisers said:

Yes they are.  I saw it on their page today only vaccinated passengers from Sept 3-Oct 31.  It's because Bahama's only allowing vaxxed passengers in Bahama's and Ocean Cay.

Unless it's changed since yesterday, and nothing would surprise me, aren't they still allowing children under 12 onboard during this time period?

CHILDREN 2 - 11 YEARS OLD REQUIREMENT: Any not fully vaccinated guest 2 - 11 years old must provide documentation of a negative RT-PCR, or other nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) at the pier. The test must be taken no more than 3 days before arriving at the terminal for embarkation and the guest is responsible for the test and cost

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lisichka said:

When I got my third booster shot they would not give me a new card with the other two shots marked on them.  They told me it is possible to do that if all 3 shots were done at the same place and they had a record of the other 2 shots, but short of that is was a hard no.  They said too many fake cards out there.  I had my first 2 shots done at a county Drive through vaccination clinic and the third at Walgreens.

I did have my original shot record CDC card with me, but it still was a “no”.

Poor policy IMO by Walgreens. I'm going to try getting a new card. Either way I'm sure they'll have to give me one when I get my booster because there's no way to write in new dates on the laminated one.

4 hours ago, Margaretealexander said:

They say not to laminate the cards due to when you get your booster shot, they will not be able to write on the laminate.

12 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

They say not to laminate the cards due to when you get your booster shot, they will not be able to write on the laminate.

Yep, but now that I already had it laminated my card will need to be replaced when I get my booster. I just wish my booster date was before my cruise date.

Edited by kilkoyne

9 hours ago, kilkoyne said:

Mine is and we are going in four weeks, we hope.  The stickers on card bump up on card.

9 hours ago, kilkoyne said:

Incorrect, NCL 100% vaxxed.....MSC, kids under 12 can be onboard and not vaxxed.

Unless MSC disallows kids I'm guessing the mask requirement won't go away.

What is incorrect about NCL being 100% vaxxed and no masks?