Bahamas Updates Vaccine Requirements

Cruising89143

11 minutes ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

We’re on the same cruise and just got the email too. We’re arriving 9/30 and have no idea where to get tested. 

Yeah, the 2 day thing sucks. I'm lucky in that I'm not leaving until 10/1, so can get it at home on 9/30.

That being said, I'm sure there is a CVS or Walgreens there that will do the test for you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Yeah, the 2 day thing sucks. I'm lucky in that I'm not leaving until 10/1, so can get it at home on 9/30.

That being said, I'm sure there is a CVS or Walgreens there that will do the test for you.

I’m going to see if I can change my appointment on 9/29 to the early morning of the day we fly on 9/30. Hope they have some early ones available. Ugh, just becoming more stress than excitement. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, phissy said:

Looks like this will stay in place , going forward. Fully vaccinated 12 and older.

MSC policy- ONLY US and Puerto Rican citizens will be allowed to cruise out of Florida ports.

Is that on the US site?   I’ve just booked our flights for our March cruise.  

From USA Site, Travel and Safety for Caribbean Sailings.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CRUISES TO THE BAHAMAS & CARIBBEAN:

- Currently, only U.S. & Puerto Rico residents can cruise from Miami & Orlando (Port Canaveral)

- Guests 12 years and older who are fully vaccinated are able to cruise and must present proof of COVID-19 vaccine with the final dose being administered at least 14 days before the cruise. Children 11 years old and younger can sail as long as the adult(s) traveling with them are fully vaccinated

We will continue to evaluate these requirements and make updates as local public health standards evolve. Please read the requirements based on your departure date for exact information and to ensure you are not denied boarding.

Edited by phissy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a heads up to those sailing after Oct 31.

MSC is requiring all guests 12 and over be fully vaccinated.

Apparently a large online Travel agency is promoting MSC cruises out of Florida available for those non vaccinated guests 12 and older.

Someone on our RollCall has been caught off guard and thought this was current policy . 

• Like 3