Bahamas Updates Vaccine Requirements

Cruising89143

1 hour ago, kilkoyne said:

Poor policy IMO by Walgreens. 

Walgreens follows rules.. no provider is authorized to copy/verify results or procedures of another provider.

You may inquire a new vaccination card from your local or state health department.. I don’t know if they issue copies..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Yeah, but that isn't new...it's been like that since they started sailing again.

Not sure why that would be an issue. I boarded meraviglia today and had to show the orig.

Hope you have a great cruise😀

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

Walgreens follows rules.. no provider is authorized to copy/verify results or procedures of another provider.

You may inquire a new vaccination card from your local or state health department.. I don’t know if they issue copies..

There are ways to get 'official' copies/verification from the government.  I surely understand the cruise lines wanting no fakers.  What I don't understand is in this day and age they can't verify before showing up at pier.  They want the original.

3 minutes ago, KeepSailing said:

I believe some companies / jurisdictions will not allow laminated and require original in order to assess card stock, etc. as one of the ways to check for forgeries.  Not sure how effective that is, but for what it is worth ...

That is just the problem.  How long has it taken for the US to roll out Real ID?  It was enacted in 2005.

Now we are relying on a clerk to determine if our vax card is real?

33 minutes ago, kilkoyne said:

Yep, but now that I already had it laminated my card will need to be replaced when I get my booster. I just wish my booster date was before my cruise date.

Someone getting a third shot the same time I did had a laminated card and they just gave a second card with the third shot documented on that one.  They would not combine.  That person now had to carry two cards around.  They told him the only way to resolve that was to go to the state health department and have the other two shots verified and then they could possibly give a new card with all three shots on one.

This is all new territory for everyone, and I am sure policy varies greatly between providers.  Heck, it may even vary with the same provider depending on who you talk to.

PS: I just got an email from Walgreens saying thank you for getting my first shot, and that they will email me when it is time for my second shot.

Absolutely no system is place for documenting what shot you are on.  AFA Walgreens is concerned I am on my first shot, not my third.  Guess they would happily give me a fourth shot when it is time for what they consider my “second” shot.

Edited by Lisichka

5 minutes ago, Lisichka said:

PS: I just got an email from Walgreens saying thank you for getting my first shot, and that they will email me when it is time for my second shot.

Absolutely no system is place for documenting what shot you are on.  AFA Walgreens is concerned I am on my first shot, not my third.  Guess they would happily give me a fourth shot when it is time for what they consider my “second” shot.

What a mess. It will be interesting to see what the vaccination status will read on the Walgreens app.

40 minutes ago, Lisichka said:

As per today booster shots are not approved by the FDA for everybody. You got a shot assuming it will be your third shot but got your “first” shot from Walgreens perspective.

Booster shots are approved by the FDA for the following groups only:

“solid organ transplant recipients or those who are diagnosed with conditions that are considered to have an equivalent level of immunocompromise.”

16 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

As per today booster shots are not approved by the FDA for everybody. You got a shot assuming it will be your third shot but got your “first” shot from Walgreens perspective.

Booster shots are approved by the FDA for the following groups only:

“solid organ transplant recipients or those who are diagnosed with conditions that are considered to have an equivalent level of immunocompromise.”

That’s correct.  You are making assumptions though.  Walgreens was well aware it was my third approved shot.  There is just no way to track prior shots that were received elsewhere.  That was the point of my post.

Edited by Lisichka

31 minutes ago, Lisichka said:

That’s correct.  You are making assumptions though.  Walgreens was well aware it was my third approved shot.  There is just no way to track prior shots that were received elsewhere.  That was the point of my post.

Are you saying Walgreens is administering Covid-19 booster (3rd) shots and violating FDA rules ?

Who approved your 3rd shot ?

I don’t understand the scenario..

Fact is that booster shots are not approved except for patients mentioned above .. as per today.

8 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

Are you saying Walgreens is administering Covid-19 booster (3rd) shots and violating FDA rules ?

Fact is that booster shots are not approved except for patients mentioned above .. as per today.

HIPAA

Edited by phissy

41 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

Are you asking for my medical history? What does that have to do with anything I just stated?!  My point: there is no general data base that tracks vaccination status.  As such vaccination cards cannot combine shots, nor does any place of vaccination have access to your prior vaccination history (unless all shots were given at the same place).  As such if you go to a new place as far as they are concerned you are on shot 1.

If you want access to my medical history to make sure I qualified for the booster shot you would either have to (1) marry me or (2) become my personal physician.

I don’t see either one of those happening.  😜

Edited by Lisichka
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

What have HIPPA regulations to do with it ?

Medical information and / or medical history protected . Any discussion between you and your doctors is confidential, and protected by law.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lisichka said:

Are you asking for my medical history? What does that have to do with anything I just stated?!  My point: there is no general data base that tracks vaccination status.  As such vaccination cards cannot combine shots, nor does any place of vaccination have access to your prior vaccination history (unless all shots were given at the same place).  As such if you go to a new place as far as they are concerned you are on shot 1.

If you want access to my medical history to make sure I qualified for the booster shot you would either have to (1) marry me or (2) become my personal physician.

I don’t see either one of those happening.  😜

Happy cruising..

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 9:40 AM, kilkoyne said:

Can you let us know how the covid test goes? What questions asked and if insurance covers it? Supposedly insurance covers it, just wondered if that's how it worked for you. Thanks

I booked my appt online with Walgreens. Answered a bunch of questions and got an 11:15am drive thru pharmacy appt. 5 cars in line. Each took about 10 minutes. Showed my appt and drivers license held out the window. Passed an envelope with a swab. Told move around each nostril for at least 15 seconds, then place back in the envelope. That was 11:49 am. Told results within 24 hours. Email came in at 1:03pm with negative result for Covid-19, and a link to download a pdf file from the lab. Pretty easy. Never asked for insurance card or anything else.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, navychop said:

I booked my appt online with Walgreens. Answered a bunch of questions and got an 11:15am drive thru pharmacy appt. 5 cars in line. Each took about 10 minutes. Showed my appt and drivers license held out the window. Passed an envelope with a swab. Told move around each nostril for at least 15 seconds, then place back in the envelope. That was 11:49 am. Told results within 24 hours. Email came in at 1:03pm with negative result for Covid-19, and a link to download a pdf file from the lab. Pretty easy. Never asked for insurance card or anything else.

23 minutes ago, navychop said:

Rapid Diagnostic Test (Nucleic Acid Amplification Test NAAT was the test done by Walgreens

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dexddd said:

What is incorrect about NCL being 100% vaxxed and no masks?

You are right, I misread your response. 

6 hours ago, dexddd said:

Mine is and we are going in four weeks, we hope.  The stickers on card bump up on card.

Are you sailing the Meraviglia on the 18th? I'm going the week after on the 25th (I hope). 

I just noticed the bump on my card from the stickers too. To me the stickers make the card appear more "authentic" so I'm assuming that's a good thing? I don't think MSC will give either of us a hard time about it but it would be nice to know for sure prior to boarding.

I am going to ask my employer (who administered my shots) if they can issue me a new card or at least get me a copy of the medical record for the time I received the vaccine. This is a long overdue vacation for me and I just don't want any last minute surprises. 🤞