Bahamas Updates Vaccine Requirements

Cruising89143

I am glad they are standing up to FL so they can stay in business.  They are giving people a choice:  Bring your original vaccination card or find another business to spend your discretionary money at.  Last I checked there is no “right to cruise” in the Constitution.  I will happily show my card next week.

• Like 10

26 minutes ago, SeaBrz said:

I’m not sure how this “can’t ask for vax proof” got started.

Here is how it is worded in the actual injunction wording, as described by the judge.  It looked like it was a "no ask" concept to me.  Perhaps others might interpret it differently.

FL Covid statute.png

1 hour ago, alyssamma said:

8/20 guests don't need a negative test if they are fully vaxxed. Unvaxxed have needed one for a while.

A bit back they announced that 8/27 will need neg test regardless of status...

Check the latests protocols announced today. No longer showing terminal testing, fully vaccinated now requiring a negative test within 3 days presented at embarkation.

4 hours ago, phissy said:

Thinking that the cut off date of Oct 31 will get pushed . Possible to end of year.

Right now, they are giving it a couple months to see if they can get numbers under control.  
For those planning on cruising this year, it seems that getting vaccinated will be a requirement.😷

Not a problem!  Been vaccinated since April.  😊  Sailing on Divina in September. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, navychop said:

Check the latests protocols announced today. No longer showing terminal testing, fully vaccinated now requiring a negative test within 3 days presented at embarkation.

I did 🙂

For 8/20 they are still testing at the pier. Believe me, I wish they weren't because I don't want to go down their and be positive.

- FULLY VACCINATED

Please follow the below requirements to ensure you are not denied boarding:

• MASK REQUIRED: You will be required to wear a mask throughout the terminal and during embarkation.  

• PROOF OF CDC VACCINE CARD: You will be required to present your original CDC vaccination card at the pier upon embarkation. Photocopies or pictures of vaccination cards will not be accepted.  Guests will be considered fully vaccinated if they have received their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines (or their single dose, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine) at least 14 days prior to the cruise.  Currently, the CDC does not recognize any mixed combination of COVID-19 vaccines as fully vaccinated. If you are unable or unwilling to show proof of vaccination, you must comply with the requirements for not fully vaccinated guests..

• NEGATIVE TEST AT EMBARKATION: You will be required to take a rapid antigen test at the pier prior to embarkation (covered by MSC Cruises) and test negative. If you test positive, you will be denied boarding along with any/all not fully vaccinated members of your traveling party. If anyone in your traveling party is fully vaccinated, non-symptomatic and tests negative upon embarkation, they will be permitted to board. 

• ASSIGNED ARRIVAL TIME: Your cruise ticket will include a set arrival time. Please follow the policy and arrive at your designated time, otherwise you may be asked to wait outside until your embarkation time. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

I did 🙂

For 8/20 they are still testing at the pier. Believe me, I wish they weren't because I don't want to go down their and be positive.

- FULLY VACCINATED

Please follow the below requirements to ensure you are not denied boarding:

• MASK REQUIRED: You will be required to wear a mask throughout the terminal and during embarkation.  

• PROOF OF CDC VACCINE CARD: You will be required to present your original CDC vaccination card at the pier upon embarkation. Photocopies or pictures of vaccination cards will not be accepted.  Guests will be considered fully vaccinated if they have received their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines (or their single dose, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine) at least 14 days prior to the cruise.  Currently, the CDC does not recognize any mixed combination of COVID-19 vaccines as fully vaccinated. If you are unable or unwilling to show proof of vaccination, you must comply with the requirements for not fully vaccinated guests..

• NEGATIVE TEST AT EMBARKATION: You will be required to take a rapid antigen test at the pier prior to embarkation (covered by MSC Cruises) and test negative. If you test positive, you will be denied boarding along with any/all not fully vaccinated members of your traveling party. If anyone in your traveling party is fully vaccinated, non-symptomatic and tests negative upon embarkation, they will be permitted to board. 

• ASSIGNED ARRIVAL TIME: Your cruise ticket will include a set arrival time. Please follow the policy and arrive at your designated time, otherwise you may be asked to wait outside until your embarkation time. 

Our information for 9/30 Divina 3night out of Canaveral says to bring proof of negative test with you. 

7 minutes ago, SUSIEK said:

Our information for 9/30 Divina 3night out of Canaveral says to bring proof of negative test with you. 

Exactly, Starting 8/27 you have to bring proof. And starting 9/3 you have to be vaxxed and bring proof.

So you will have to be fully vaxxed.

But navychop said the rules were changed for 8/20...they weren't.

1 hour ago, KeepSailing said:

So, to comply with the Bahamas new reg, MSC and other cruise lines will need to "prove" that the 12 and older are fully vaxed - luckily there is a temporary injunction in place (from NCL v FL litigation) that put a stay on the "can't ask about vax status" that FL had put in place. 

So, what happens if the temporary injunction is lifted?  How can any cruise line prove to Bahamas the vax status of their passengers if they cannot ask for proof of vax status?  Boy this could get messy ...

This is no different than airlines asking,  They have been every day even since the new Florida law.  They are required to check for yellow fever or Covid test resulsts or vaccine status before allowing someone to board.  They can not fly you there because you would be denied entry.  Honestly Cruiseships are bound to the countries/teritories laws.  The USVI already did this and RCL had to refund money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KeepSailing said:

So, to comply with the Bahamas new reg, MSC and other cruise lines will need to "prove" that the 12 and older are fully vaxed - luckily there is a temporary injunction in place (from NCL v FL litigation) that put a stay on the "can't ask about vax status" that FL had put in place. 

So, what happens if the temporary injunction is lifted?  How can any cruise line prove to Bahamas the vax status of their passengers if they cannot ask for proof of vax status?  Boy this could get messy ...

This is no different than airlines asking,  They have been every day even since the new Florida law.  They are required to check for yellow fever or Covid test resulsts or vaccine status before allowing someone to board.  They can not fly you there because you would be denied entry.  Honestly Cruiseships are bound to the countries/teritories laws.  The USVI already did this and RCL had to refund money.

As far as them putting testing on the consumer, I heard it is because of the bottom line?  Most people in the US can get free testing.  The money crunchers have figured out that they can push that to the consumer to save money, Plain and simple for them. More complicated for us!

11 minutes ago, Thenagers said:

As far as them putting testing on the consumer, I heard it is because of the bottom line?  Most people in the US can get free testing.  The money crunchers have figured out that they can push that to the consumer to save money, Plain and simple for them. More complicated for us!

Personally I'd rather get tested *before* I take a flight to FL and risk not being able to board the ship.

Maybe more moving pieces, but more peace of mind for me...

• Like 7

7 hours ago, styles27 said:

I’m very happy MSC is doing this.
We sail Nov 14th on Divina so I’m hoping this policy will be extended to include our cruise. 

Me too. And I’m on the 11 day after that. I definitely hope it’s extended.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Exactly, Starting 8/27 you have to bring proof. And starting 9/3 you have to be vaxxed and bring proof.

So you will have to be fully vaxxed.

But navychop said the rules were changed for 8/20...they weren't.

Not for the 8-23 cruise. Doesn’t begin til 8-27 needing a test before arriving at the piet.

13 hours ago, jules815 said:

And I'm fine with that! With everyone still presenting a test at the pier, I wonder if masks will still be required? Stay tuned, right?

As of now, NCL is vaxxed only and no masks.  Will MSC do same now?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KennyFla said:

Carnival tried the no mask with 95% vax, and it did not go well.  12 and under will still not be vaxed.

MSC in US has gone vaxxed and non vaxxed so far it seems to be quiet.

In terms of Carnival, we've sailed them and all I'll say is they are in a league of their own.

Royal tweeted this week about their pre embarkation results and they were seeing very low positives at embarkation.

Edited by dexddd
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, dexddd said:

MSC in US has gone vaxxed and non vaxxed so far it seems to be quiet.

In terms of Carnival, we've sailed them and all I'll say is they are in a league of their own.

Royal tweeted this week about there pre embarkation results and they were seeing very low positives at embarkation.

No, I agree with you.  My point was that MSC will not be 100% vax because of 12 and under passengers.  Will that mean they can get rid of masks?  Not sure.  Carnival tried an had to backtrack.

1 hour ago, phillibl said:

This makes me so excited.  We'll be on the Meravilgia in October, my wife and I are vaxxed with two young kids.  This makes the cruise even safer and more enjoyable.  Great job Bahamas and MSC

Except your kids cannot get off the ship….