Covid Test Information

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

The CVS site opens up test reservations on a10 day rolling schedule, and when we had our tests done on Thursday 8/19 (we booked ours on the 9th as soon as they were released), the nurse told us that people start booking them as soon as they open at midnight. I'd recommend checking their site frequently as you approach the 10-day window, and book as soon as your testing day opens up.

Surprisingly this looks to vary by state.  In Connecticut and New Hampshire, we can book up to 14 days in advance. 

19 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

How soon were you able to make the appt before your cruise? I have been looking and it seems like the appts here in South Florida only open up a couple days in advance of the cruise. This is only for the antigen tests. There are PCR appts several weeks out.

Good luck, Florida testing is a hot mess right now, especially here in Brevard County.  I started 2 weeks ago for our upcoming cruise on the 27th.  CVS and Walgreens both are showing no available appointments at any location .  In fact, the CVS down the street from us has stopped doing tests completely.  I was able to book appointments for Wednesday at a CVS in Orlando but they were the only one showing any availability, plus I am not confident they will do them as I have been reading accounts of people who had appointments cancelled 24 hours before.  

I was able to get appointments at our hospital but I am not confident that it will be a rapid test as those are becoming scarce.   I have found an urgent care clinic that says they can do them but they do not accept insurance and will charge $179 pp. 

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317
  • Like 1

Different states are different. We are currently on IOS, in CA the CVS book out 14 14 days, not all give the Rapid test but their we both site list which do. We actually took the standard test on Thur. afternoon and I was worried about getting the results back, but we got them in about 24 hours so it was no problem. Enjoy your cruise. 

20 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes rapid antigen test from CVS Minute clinic is just fine as of today.    You can get these at urgi care facilities too.    

I'm getting my PCR test at a urgent care facility "ME Express".   They used to require appointments, but was advised that walk ins are acceptable.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

I was able to get appointments at our hospital but I am not confident that it will be a rapid test as those are becoming scarce.   I have found an urgent care clinic that says they can do them but they do not accept insurance and will charge $179 pp. 

Sherri🙂

I called my local hospital, but they require a script.  Called my Primary for a script, but they do not issue one for these tests.  Found a ME and they accept walk ins.  So good to go for the Sept. 5 Oasis cruise

2 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Thanks.  I will need 2 covid tests, one in September and one in October for two different cruises.  Will insurance pay for the second test?

Here in NY, they will pretty much cover one a week. So I'll pretty much have to pick - thankfully the place where I usually go gets the PCR results back within 48 hours - because with their rapid test you just get a letter on clinic letterhead, no email and it isn't uploaded to your portal. 😞

Hi all,

I hope I have this right…

We are fully vaccinated, so we only need the antigen test, not the PCR test, correct?

We are sailing from Bayonne NJ on the Oasis of the Seas on Sept 5th…

Edited by loug1601
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, loug1601 said:

Hi all,

We are fully vaccinated, so we only need the antigen test, not the PCR test, correct?

Here's the difference between the various COVID tests:

COVID-19%20Testing%20types%2011.16.20%20

Read this for which Rapid antigen is accepted: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

Net: Get a PCR or the right rapid antigen test in time for your cruise.

9 minutes ago, loug1601 said:

Hi all,

Yes, did you not get the e-mail which spells out the health & safety protocols.

Testing
Pre-Cruise: Within 3 days of your sailing’s departure date and before your arrival to the terminal, all guests 2 years and older are required to present a negative COVID-19 Test Result (antigen or PCR.) Proper documentation (printed negative test results or negative test results presented on your phone) from an accredited laboratory (no doctor’s notes) is required to sail. All costs for this test are the guest's responsibility and must be done on their own, not at the terminal.

At the terminal: Unvaccinated guests ages 2 to 11 are required to take a PCR test for COVID-19 when checking in at the terminal. Registration details for this test will be sent via email in advance. This test is complimentary.

PS:  I'm also on the Sept. 5th sailing on Oasis

Edited by nelblu

Sorting out this testing can be stressful. There is also a notional shortage right now for Antigen tests at the moment so some places only doing PCR which  take longer.  We just returned from Europe and that was the case for us this week. We have an upcoming cruise in Oct so staying tuned… and hoping we can just do the Antigen. 

Safe travels everyone, so great to be talking about cruising again. 🤪

25 minutes ago, loug1601 said:

Hi all,

They will take either one.

25 minutes ago, SConnolly said:

Sorting out this testing can be stressful. There is also a notional shortage right now for Antigen tests at the moment so some places only doing PCR which  take longer.  We just returned from Europe and that was the case for us this week. We have an upcoming cruise in Oct so staying tuned… and hoping we can just do the Antigen. 

Safe travels everyone, so great to be talking about cruising again. 🤪

Some CVS in Monmouth will do only the Antigen and others only the PCR.  You need an appointment based on their websites.

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Yes, did you not get the e-mail which spells out the health & safety protocols.

Testing
Pre-Cruise: Within 3 days of your sailing’s departure date and before your arrival to the terminal, all guests 2 years and older are required to present a negative COVID-19 Test Result (antigen or PCR.) Proper documentation (printed negative test results or negative test results presented on your phone) from an accredited laboratory (no doctor’s notes) is required to sail. All costs for this test are the guest's responsibility and must be done on their own, not at the terminal.

At the terminal: Unvaccinated guests ages 2 to 11 are required to take a PCR test for COVID-19 when checking in at the terminal. Registration details for this test will be sent via email in advance. This test is complimentary.

PS:  I'm also on the Sept. 5th sailing on Oasis

I think I saw the word “antibody”, not “antigen” on CVS website. All is clear now. We just scheduled our test 😀

So looking forward to this sailing!

Edited by loug1601