Vaccine Card Question

kikitaz

For those who are curious about documentation, we just returned (Sunday) from a few weeks in Greece.  When we flew to Greece (from Dulles) the airline required us to show our vaccination cards (we have the usual CDC cards).  Upon arrival in Athens we were also required to show our vaccination cards along with our Passports (no testing is required for vaccinated to enter Greece).  When we went through the Seabourn embarkation procedures in Pireaus we were again required to show our vaccination cards.  A couple of weeks later we took a ferry from Pireaus to Naxos and a Greek Coast Guard member asked to see our Vaccination Cards (and she matched the names to our Passports).  When returning home we had to again show our vaccination cards at the Athens airport (along with our negative Antigen test) at the Turkishairline counter.  We then took a short flight to Istanbul where we transferred to our US bound Turkishair flight.  At Istanbul we were again asked to produce our vaccine cards as we entered the secure gate area (for our flight).

The irony is that upon arrival in the USA we were not required to show anything other then the usual Passport Control stuff (we have Global Entry so this only took a few seconds).

I mention this because all these various authorities were looking for that CDC vaccine card.  I have no idea how they would have handled any other type of documentation but suspect it would have involved delays while they determined if other documents passed muster.  I did not notice a single person trying to get through by showing a picture of their vaccine card (on their phone) and got the feeling all these folks were looking for the original card.

Hank

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2021 at 10:55 AM, LGW59 said:

Bring the originals with you along with several copies, (we do this with our passports) just in case you need them.  A plastic sleeve holder will protect the originals.

I will do that.

I did ask and they said a copy was fine, but we all know all well informed the agents are.  OMG can't trust anyone source.

2 hours ago, 5waldos said:

https://mycolorado.state.co.us

May have to be on a mobile phone but it is great. And after getting my booster shot I refreshed the vaccination page and it turned up. 

Thank you so much for this information! Just now downloaded the app and my vaccine information is right there. Quick and easy.

1 hour ago, MustBCruzn said:

Thank you so much for this information! Just now downloaded the app and my vaccine information is right there. Quick and easy.

Ah the things you learn on the internet! I picked this up on twitter and learned about my recalled cpap on here.  Never know what you are going to find. Glad I could share it. 

3 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I will do that.

I did ask and they said a copy was fine, but we all know all well informed the agents are.  OMG can't trust anyone source.

Maybe you should ask the agent if she ever read their own FAQ's under Safety at Sea.    They do however accept copies from State Sites -

image.png.b7b16083d4c2db46efbfd9d0c9949e20.png

image.png.6ed6ed4135350ec43333460d5e70cc6d.png

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Maybe you should ask the agent if she ever read their own FAQ's under Safety at Sea.    They do however accept copies from State Sites -

image.png.b7b16083d4c2db46efbfd9d0c9949e20.png

image.png.6ed6ed4135350ec43333460d5e70cc6d.png

I assume that proof of vaccine from a government site or app includes Walmart?  

34 minutes ago, kikitaz said:

That I am not sure of.   The exact wording in the FAQ is "Government Site or APP.   I would verify with Celebrity if that is what you plan on using.

I know in California we have Vaccine Verification app and site.   You put in your name, birthday and phone number used when getting your Vaccination and it pulls up a QR.    I had my vaccination at a CVS and am able to pull it up in the California Site.

6 hours ago, 5waldos said:

https://mycolorado.state.co.us

May have to be on a mobile phone but it is great. And after getting my booster shot I refreshed the vaccination page and it turned up. 

My.  That was a surprise.  Every vaccination I've had in Colorado since 2013 shows up in the list.

Oops.  Looks like I'm overdue for my tetanus booster!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kikitaz said:

In Colorado I am all but 100% certain that it includes Walmart. They are required to report vaccinations to the state (feds?) so it will be listed. Can't imagine any situation which would allow Walmart NOT to report these.

Edited by 5waldos

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

My.  That was a surprise.  Every vaccination I've had in Colorado since 2013 shows up in the list.

Oops.  Looks like I'm overdue for my tetanus booster!

Wow- mine didn't! Wonder what I did differently? All I got were the CoVid shots. And I am pretty sure I've had some since then but maybe not. 

1 hour ago, 5waldos said:

Wow- mine didn't! Wonder what I did differently? All I got were the CoVid shots. And I am pretty sure I've had some since then but maybe not. 

I was redirected to https://ciis.state.co.us/public/Application/PublicPortal

They sent an authentication code to my phone, and having entered that, I got "CIIS: Access My Immunization Records" which were easily printed.  As this is an official State of Colorado site, might actually serve as proof in the event that the card ever gets lost, but moreover, is a handy list of what you have/haven't had.

""On 8/20/2021 at 8:05 PM, REEtired said:

Your vaccinations will also be on your Medicare statements"

This was helpful info as I previously mentioned...

Our Medicare EOB for July has both shots, place administered, date, etc. A lag in dates since our last shot was in Feb .,,

Not legal proof but back up nonetheless!

Does anyone have a link to Fl state website or is it by County?