Saint Greg's Mardi Gras - LIVE - August 28th-September 4th 2021

Saint Greg

6 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

That's the reason for my clarification post. There's already two people on this thread thinking you can make advanced dinner reservations on the app. The only restaurants you can make advanced reservations in the app for a specific time are the same ones you can do on the cruise planner website.

I'm going by what John Heald, said,  He said once on board YTD can make reservations for Cucina and Chibangs, BUT NOT people with set dinner times.  Maybe it changed.  Also he said people with set dinner times, can only go after 7:30 prior to that is only for YTD.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zencruisers said:

Saint Greg. Thanks again for the awesome live review and pics. You have really out done yourself this time and set the bar high. 

Thanks. All I can think about are the things I didn't get....like the bridge...and the crew bar. 😀 I do wish I would've captured the MDR menu each night though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

Thanks. All I can think about are the things I didn't get....like the bridge...and the crew bar. 😀 I do wish I would've captured the MDR menu each night though.

You just stay away from that bridge. With all those controls, Captain doesn't want any monkeys on the bridge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

38 minutes ago, lele100 said:

I'm going by what John Heald, said,  He said once on board YTD can make reservations for Cucina and Chibangs, BUT NOT people with set dinner times.  Maybe it changed.  Also he said people with set dinner times, can only go after 7:30 prior to that is only for YTD.

I don't care what John has posted, that's simply not true. Here is a screenshot from the App RIGHT NOW at 4:36pm. As you even see on the app it says "Check-in available during open times". Note that it says Check-in and NOT reservations. My previous post describes the current process accurately. 

Screenshot_20210908-163639.png

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I don't care what John has posted, that's simply not true. Here is a screenshot from the App RIGHT NOW at 4:36pm. As you even see on the app it says "Check-in available during open times". Note that it says Check-in and NOT reservations. My previous post describes the current process accurately. 

Ok wow, angry much calm down before you give yourself a heart attack.

52 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Here is how the app looks at 5:30pm. Also note that there's a handy feature if you're not picky about which location you want to dine in on YTD ( you can see the beginnings of the choice in the screenshot of the app) where they will seat you in any of the three available YTD locations depending on which location has availability first.

Screenshot_20210908-173029.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Did you even eat in the MDR?

23 hours ago, flwinejunkie said:

Thanks for your quick response Greg!  I noticed that it was mentioned on your card in the earlier picture but didn't put 2 and 2 together.  Good to know I can try to reserve last minute.  

All the reservations for those two are last minute. You simply check in when you are ready on the app for either of those or the Flamingo for YTD. There is no advance reservation system right now for Cucina or Chibang for anyone.

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

That's not how it works. You can't make advance YTD reservations. You can ONLY make same day dinner reservations and the app doesn't allow one to make a dinner reservation until the dining location's are open at 5:30pm. Once reservations are open you can only submit for a first come first serve queue; in other words you can't pick or request a specific time to dine. 

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

There may be some confusion based on some of my posts because back when they first announced chibang would be included, I made two reservations. A couple weeks after that they removed it from the site. I assumed they filled up. But maybe they just changed it to the request a table when you're ready deal. My reservations stayed on my account and were honored.

I was going with the assumption that SG mentioned.  When Chibang was first announced by Carnival, people were able to make future reservations for 24-48 hours.  Someone even posted they were able to get one next March during the sailabration.  As long as I am not stuck in a long line waiting, I don't care.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I was going with the assumption that SG mentioned.  When Chibang was first announced by Carnival, people were able to make future reservations for 24-48 hours.  Someone even posted they were able to get one next March during the sailabration.  As long as I am not stuck in a long line waiting, I don't care.

My only experience outside of the two reservations I already had was Cucina and I thought it was great getting a table at 6pm in under 10 minutes. Now what is it going to be like when they have 1,000-2,000 more people on the ship? I can't tell you. But my experience was good overall.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Just don't go to either of them on embarkation night as there could be inflated demand among the eager beavers. By the halfway point they are semi-empty.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

My only experience outside of the two reservations I already had was Cucina and I thought it was great getting a table at 6pm in under 10 minutes. Now what is it going to be like when they have 1,000-2,000 more people on the ship? I can't tell you. But my experience was good overall.

I'm fully aware that our B2B next month is going to be more enjoyable than our B2B next Labor Day, primarily of course because of the increase in percentage capacity on board.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Just don't go to either of them on embarkation night as there could be inflated demand among the eager beavers. By the halfway point they are semi-empty.

On night one, we're going to Pig & Anchor to get the 7 oz Filet special.  The rest of the week will include 2 nights each in the MDR, Cucina and Chibang.  Week two will be similar with 2 nights in Cucina and the MDR.  Pig & Anchor will be on night two for the 10 oz Strip steak.  Our second week will start and end at Rudi's since I have OBC and Cruise Cash (20% discount) to burn.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

On night one, we're going to Pig & Anchor to get the 7 oz Filet special.  The rest of the week will include 2 nights each in the MDR, Cucina and Chibang.  Week two will be similar with 2 nights in Cucina and the MDR.  Pig & Anchor will be on night two for the 10 oz Strip steak.  Our second week will start and end at Rudi's since I have OBC and Cruise Cash (20% discount) to burn.

Perfect, as I think you know, we did Steakhouse that first night and later realized we had missed PNA Filet but whatcha gonna do? Looking forward to sailing with you. Pig and Anchor does not require or take reservations, just walk up. I can't say what the wait might be on day 1 as we went at 9pm halfway through.

On 8/28/2021 at 4:43 PM, HxFx said:

This is making me so nervous! We have appointments Wednesday morning at CVS. If they don't have the rapid test we may just have to drive to Reagan airport and suck up the $200 cost (per person!) You said you were planning to take it at MCO if you didn't get your result. Was there any requirement to actually have a flight there? We are driving down to Florida on Friday (fortunately the one at Reagan is outside security). I will have to prepare DH for the potential cost. 

I'm sorry. I'm just seeing this question going back through the thread working on my blog. There is no requirement to have a flight that I'm aware of. And I looked into it at both MCO and DFW. $200 is high. MCO was going to be $65 and DFW I believe was $80. You may want to check the website and see if you need to make an appointment or if they accept walk-ins. I had an appointment at MCO but they did say they accept walk-ins.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I'm sorry. I'm just seeing this question going back through the thread working on my blog. There is no requirement to have a flight that I'm aware of. And I looked into it at both MCO and DFW. $200 is high. MCO was going to be $65 and DFW I believe was $80. You may want to check the website and see if you need to make an appointment or if they accept walk-ins. I had an appointment at MCO but they did say they accept walk-ins.

For some reason this topic of prices being so high for the average Joe at an airport named after Reagan reminded me of this from years ago...

trickle.jpg?resize=526%2C424&ssl=1

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

For some reason this topic of prices being so high for the average Joe at an airport named after Reagan reminded me of this from years ago...

I prefer to keep the politics out of here. But having a dad who worked in DC for over a decade I know the cost of living is high there in general. The prices I quoted were from airports in Texas and Florida so there's something that could be said about that. Something that's more real than who an airport was named after.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I prefer to keep the politics out of here. But having a dad who worked in DC for over a decade I know the cost of living is high there in general. 

Son?  SON IS THAT YOU??? We haven't talked in years!  How are you?  How is the monkey doing?

• Haha 6