Pinnacle Lounge

Biker19

Just now, island lady said:

Works both ways.  Have witnessed Suites people swinging their Lanyards around holding their Gold Card (other colors on some ships) around and being very loud about being upper suites pax.  😉 

Agreed... been on cruises with drunk people myself.  As I said, boors in every crowd, but the numbers show diminishing returns on RCI's frequent flyer benefits, evidently.

At some point, people willing to pay $13k and up for a single bed cabin start looking at other ships when the experience and exclusivity is not "up to par."  *over dramatic sniff from raised patrician nose*

🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blizzard54 said:

The capacity of the lounge will be greatly reduced.  During the simulated HH we attended we could not sit with others.  Not the social situation  we were accustomed to.  I am not sure where we will spend time on our cruise next week on the Ovation. 

We were on the 13Aug Ovation.  I believe you’re referencing the simulated SL HH. My comment deals with the DL.  We went in a few times.  Very few in attendance.  Furniture arranged, it seems, to maintain distance and that doesn’t lend itself to social interaction.  I guess we could have drawn seats closer to each other, but, then again, there were so few there it really didn’t matter: we could easily hear each other over the distance.  Heard that same thing was happening in CL.  We spent a lot of pre-dinner time in Boleros.  Guitarist and trio (Rhythmocracy) were both very good, so why not?  Service in Boleros was pretty fast.  In this day and age when “Social Distancing” has become a mantra it’s welcome that RCCL refers to it as Physical Distancing. 

43 minutes ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

We were on the 13Aug Ovation.  I believe you’re referencing the simulated SL HH. My comment deals with the DL.  We went in a few times.  Very few in attendance.  Furniture arranged, it seems, to maintain distance and that doesn’t lend itself to social interaction.  I guess we could have drawn seats closer to each other, but, then again, there were so few there it really didn’t matter: we could easily hear each other over the distance.  Heard that same thing was happening in CL.  We spent a lot of pre-dinner time in Boleros.  Guitarist and trio (Rhythmocracy) were both very good, so why not?  Service in Boleros was pretty fast.  In this day and age when “Social Distancing” has become a mantra it’s welcome that RCCL refers to it as Physical Distancing. 

We never saw the DL open when we were on.  I had heard they did a simulation in there but we were not invited.  We spent some time in the Pub.  On our sailing the ship was so empty it was sometimes hard to locate any other passengers.  We will give it another try next week. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

We never saw the DL open when we were on.  I had heard they did a simulation in there but we were not invited.  We spent some time in the Pub.  On our sailing the ship was so empty it was sometimes hard to locate any other passengers.  We will give it another try next week. 

On this week’s Oasis test cruise, the DL is open.  No food.  Concierge is present during hours.  Water has been set out and, at least during the morning hours, coffee machine has an attendant.  We’re on Liberty test, so it should prove interesting.

12 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

Pinnacle Lounge may not open until September 1. 

On 8/25/2021 at 6:18 AM, Biker19 said:

From the latest RCI message:

The Royal Comeback is in full swing, and we can’t thank you enough for your support throughout this challenging journey. Your feedback makes us better, and please know that we are listening. We recognize how important your benefits are — and we’re delighted to announce that several benefits that were temporarily paused are coming back for sailings departing on or after September 1, 2021, with some small adjustments.

DIAMOND LOUNGE IS FULLY OPENED
We’re making sure our Diamond members and above have more space reserved just for them, as we fully open the Diamond Lounge. More of our valued members will be able to enjoy this space and catch up with fellow members.

TOP TIER & MILESTONE EVENTS ARE BACK
Our Top Tier Event designed to recognize our new Pinnacle Club members and those achieving milestones returns on every sailing for Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members to enjoy.

DAILY BREAKFAST IS SERVED
As a Pinnacle Club member, you’ll enjoy daily complimentary breakfast in our Specialty Dining venues onboard.

DEBUTING NEW PINNACLE CLUB LOUNGE
While access to Suite & Concierge Lounges remains temporarily paused for our Pinnacle Club members, we are happy to introduce a new Pinnacle Club Lounge for nightly gatherings from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Our top tier members will enjoy light hors d'oeuvres and full bar service in a dedicated venue each night, and this newly dedicated space will operate through November 1. We will continue to assess COVID-19 public health conditions and protocols, and you can expect us to further communicate updates on this benefit as the situation evolves.

PINNACLE CLUB GATHERING VENUES

NEWLY ANNOUNCED BENEFITS ARE HERE TO STAY
Additionally, the new benefits we recently announced will remain and we greatly appreciate your positive feedback on the enhancements. As a reminder, these include the following:

DRINK VOUCHERS
Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members receive beverage vouchers for drinks up to $13. Each day of the cruise, Diamond members receive four vouchers, Diamond Plus members receive five vouchers, and Pinnacle Club members receive six vouchers. These can be used at any bar, at any time, in the Diamond Lounge during Happy Hour or in our private destinations. Consider it happy hour all day long!

FLEXIBLE ARRIVAL
As you know, a spaced and scheduled boarding process has been implemented with everyone’s health in mind for a smooth experience. Flexible Arrival allows our Pinnacle Club and Suite guests to check in at the terminal no earlier than one hour before the 30-minute arrival window you select ahead of your sailing, or one hour after.

SPECIALTY DINING
Pinnacle Club members sailing on Oasis and Quantum Class ships will receive a $25 dining voucher per member, per sailing to enjoy at any Specialty Restaurant of their choice.

Thank you for your continued support of Royal Caribbean International®. The past 18 months have been incredibly difficult for all of us, and we’re excited to welcome you back and deliver the exceptional vacations you deserve.

the new pinnacle lounges are an insult to them... On oasis  class from suite lounge to jazz on deck 4 no windows on quantum class move from concierge to the gloomy music hall on deck 5 ( the diamond lounge adjoining is better ) on radiance class from concierge to a very small confined space a deck below ( again diamoond winn with the other 70%of the viking crown lounge  and on vision class woopee pinnacle get the viking crown lounge....Royal seem to have forgotten the fact that pinnacle are their most loyal supporters and have spent thousands of dollars and 700 plus nights ( 2 years ) at sea to achieve that    whereas suite guests can sail once and get everything !  i hope the othert pinnacle members feel the same and royal reverse their decision( a temporay one ?) after nov 1

• Like 3

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Well, with no Pins in SL, absolutely no reason to do an overflow for SL😉

That is what I was referring to

Possibly, but there are enough Suites that you could overflow the SL.  On Grandeur is pretty small.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, allwyn said:

Royal seem to have forgotten the fact that pinnacle are their most loyal supporters and have spent thousands of dollars and 700 plus nights ( 2 years ) at sea to achieve that    whereas suite guests can sail once and get everything !  i hope the othert pinnacle members feel the same and royal reverse their decision( a temporay one ?) after nov 1

There are all types of cruise guests. I think you have forgot about the Loyal to Royal suite cruiser.  Not every suite guest sails once and moves on. Many of them post here on CC and sail multiple times a year.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, allwyn said:

the new pinnacle lounges are an insult to them... On oasis  class from suite lounge to jazz on deck 4 no windows on quantum class move from concierge to the gloomy music hall on deck 5 ( the diamond lounge adjoining is better ) on radiance class from concierge to a very small confined space a deck below ( again diamoond winn with the other 70%of the viking crown lounge  and on vision class woopee pinnacle get the viking crown lounge....Royal seem to have forgotten the fact that pinnacle are their most loyal supporters and have spent thousands of dollars and 700 plus nights ( 2 years ) at sea to achieve that    whereas suite guests can sail once and get everything !  i hope the othert pinnacle members feel the same and royal reverse their decision( a temporay one ?) after nov 1

And suite guests pay thousands for EACH CRUISE.

It is like First Class on airlines, people who pay for it get many perks.   But Frequent Flyers don't get First Class perks on every flight.

My only non-suite cruise was at about $400 per person for 8 nights ($50 per person per night).   Versus one suite cruise booked for next year is about $8000 for 10 nights.  Or $400 per night per person.

Does a suite guest cost the company 8 times as much?  Or are they much higher profit?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

First I have to say the lot on CC is just........chef kiss.

I don't think this new setup is a kick in the a## to pins. Ideally most people cruise because they love doing it. So the C&A perks are/should be an afterthought. The idea that people are spending $1000s to get what might be $200 in perks is amazing and also an insult. I would suspect that only 1/10 pins cruised for the sake of recognition, the rest just loved it and happened to achieve it. IMHO the perks are quite outstanding compared to other lines, so even if things are removed or changed; C&A members still come out ahead. The SL was created for suites, people who are paying $500+ a night to cruise versus the standard $80-ish a night. So Pins, not staying in a suite, having access to it was a bonus. Name another line that is giving you 6 drink vouchers a day. Or setting aside a place for you, regardless of the ambiance? Cruising is a luxury, not a guarantee, so those who pay more should get what they pay for.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SRF said:

And suite guests pay thousands for EACH CRUISE.

It is like First Class on airlines, people who pay for it get many perks.   But Frequent Flyers don't get First Class perks on every flight.

My only non-suite cruise was at about $400 per person for 8 nights ($50 per person per night).   Versus one suite cruise booked for next year is about $8000 for 10 nights.  Or $400 per night per person.

Does a suite guest cost the company 8 times as much?  Or are they much higher profit?

Well, an OS takes up about the same real estate as 3 balcony cabins. 😉

A good price on an Oasis balcony is about 2 grand total. A great price is around $1400.

I have 3 OS's on Symphony, Harmony, and Odyssey next year. All are arond $3500 total.😇

In my opinion, pricing is to dynamic to make broad statements 

Those that think the DL is better real estate that the PL are welcome to use the DL.  You have a choice, D and D+ do not have that choice.

I am reminded of the 2016, 23 night Explorer Sydney to Seattle cruise.   The old small CL was closed in the evenings.  The Star lounge was designated as the CL.  The first night it was packed.  There were some P's that were not happy.  Because the the ship had been sailing from Australia for about 7 months and the Cigar bar had not been in use, the second night a new sign was put up, Pinnacle Lounge.    Within a few days probably 80% of the P's were back in the Star Lounge.  There were a few that held out.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

Those that think the DL is better real estate that the PL are welcome to use the DL.  You have a choice, D and D+ do not have that choice.

I am reminded of the 2016, 23 night Explorer Sydney to Seattle cruise.   The old small CL was closed in the evenings.  The Star lounge was designated as the CL.  The first night it was packed.  There were some P's that were not happy.  Because the the ship had been sailing from Australia for about 7 months and the Cigar bar had not been in use, the second night a new sign was put up, Pinnacle Lounge.    Within a few days probably 80% of the P's were back in the Star Lounge.  There were a few that held out.

Probably same ones who hung out in CL on Mariner Odyssey 

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Well, an OS takes up about the same real estate as 3 balcony cabins. 😉

A good price on an Oasis balcony is about 2 grand total. A great price is around $1400.

I have 3 OS's on Symphony, Harmony, and Odyssey next year. All are arond $3500 total.😇

In my opinion, pricing is to dynamic to make broad statements 

By chance any of those lift and switches from other ships?  If so it isn’t a good comparable.  If not you have a great TA to get those straight up pricing. GS under “normal times” are close to double that price. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, allwyn said:

It is nice that they decided to add a dedicated pinnacle lounge. 
M

53 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

By chance any of those lift and switches from other ships?  If so it isn’t a good comparable.  If not you have a great TA to get those straight up pricing. GS under “normal times” are close to double that price. 

Yes those were phenomenal deals from lesser ships. Have you been chatting with Rory? He sent me the same message.😉

I miss him here, he kept me honest.

43 minutes ago, Yorkshire-Pudding said:

We are sailing on Anthem June 2022, 14 nights to the Med from Southampton. A J1 junior suite for 2 is currently £10,716 ($14,754) and that doest give access to CL/SL. 

Does that include drink pkg and other perks not typical of a US booking?

Edited by John&LaLa