Transfer from Ft Lauderdale to MIA - Need Help

Excitedly looking forward to sailing again (12 day Celebrity Equinox R/T Ft. Lauderdale) 

Need to decide best way to go, for a transfer at end of cruise from the Ft. Lauderdale cruise-port to the MIA airport. 

Haven't sailed out of Fr. Lauderdale lately (obviously!) - last time the taxi's waiting at the cruise port were all the small vehicle type - we are a couple of "senior" citizens, slow on our feet - DH has trouble getting in and out of anything smaller than an SUV size vehicle.

Does anyone know if they know have the larger, van type taxis ready and waiting at the cruise port when you disembark ?

Really don't care for Uber or Lyft 

Should we book a private shuttle to take us to the airport ? - Any recommendations ? 

(We actually would be happy to take the cruise-shop sponsored bus - but timing won't work this trip (flight out of MIA departs at 11:00 AM)

Thanks 

A little reading on the board would find the taxi option (yes, they have vans/SUVs) would be your more expensive option. There are many shuttles recommended, but some can't serve MIA. There is also a couple of limo type services that are possible.

11am out of MIA when coming from Port Everglades is not to be hectic, particularly if you don't move well.

For an 11:00 AM flight you need to be at MIA by about 9:30, and earlier is better with the typical TSA chaos. Do you have pre-check to speed up security?

With the ride from PE to MIA taking 45-60 minutes, that translates into off the ship with bags and clear of customs and immigration (and any required virus screening) by about 8:00, giving you 15-30 minutes to grab a van/SUV taxi or an UberXL.Taxi fare will be about $75-80+ and UberXL will be about the same.

You could reach out to Larry's Limos and Go Airport Shuttle for a quote, but with your right timeline I would focus on grabbing the first cab big enough for you and your bags.

Honestly, dependent upon how quickly you are able to disembark and retrieve your luggage and go through customs and get out to the cab pick up area AND on what particular day of the week you are returning to PE you will more than like run into some kind of morning traffic.  If it is during the week, I-95 traffic back-up heading south starts to build around the 6:30-7:00 am timeframe hopefully there aren't any accidents along the way either.  On-looker delays also must be factored into play.

I would suggest as others have to take first largest taxi you can find.  But if it was me, I would try to see if I could arrange for a later flight.  If this is not possible, then Lyft or Uber is next best.  They are usually close at hand, not too far from pick up area and you can order a size that would fit your needs.  We live in Miami and use the services of Lyft and Uber alot, when we don't feel like driving to and from places in Broward at certain times of the day either.  We have never had an issue with either company.  

I would also try to price out what JohninDC offered of the two Limo and Shuttle Services as well.  But be sure its you and non-stop straight to Miami.  Good Luck and Happy Sailing to you!

Thanks, everyone -😀

it was the airlines that changed our flight time - just called them and told them that the earlier departure would NOT work for us, and they agreed to change us to a (much) later flight (3:40 PM)

Now - does anyone know if Celebrity still offers some kind of bus service (without the tour of the area first) to the MIA airport ? - Sorry to be such a bother - but can't seem to find that information on the Celebrity website

16 minutes ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Thanks, everyone -😀

it was the airlines that changed our flight time - just called them and told them that the earlier departure would NOT work for us, and they agreed to change us to a (much) later flight (3:40 PM)

Now - does anyone know if Celebrity still offers some kind of bus service (without the tour of the area first) to the MIA airport ? - Sorry to be such a bother - but can't seem to find that information on the Celebrity website

I am sure Celebrity will offer transport, but the best place to ask that is the Celebrity board.

11 hours ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Thanks, everyone -😀

I am sure they do, and that it will cost more than taking a cab.  Your call! 

Have a great cruise! 😎

On 8/25/2021 at 2:08 PM, JohninDC said:

For an 11:00 AM flight you need to be at MIA by about 9:30, and earlier is better with the typical TSA chaos. Do you have pre-check to speed up security?

With the ride from PE to MIA taking 45-60 minutes, that translates into off the ship with bags and clear of customs and immigration (and any required virus screening) by about 8:00, giving you 15-30 minutes to grab a van/SUV taxi or an UberXL.Taxi fare will be about $75-80+ and UberXL will be about the same.

You could reach out to Larry's Limos and Go Airport Shuttle for a quote, but with your right timeline I would focus on grabbing the first cab big enough for you and your bags.

I also highly recommend Larry's Limos!  Excellent service!