Allure OTS - Sailing capacity

bgoff60

6 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

What is the current sailing passenger capacity of the Allure OTS?  Is it Full capacity or is it going to be a graduated increase? (60%, 75%, 90%...) If so, does anyone know that the steps are and when?

Under 2000 this week, so about 30%

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No one ever found out the REAL number that were on the Mariner this week.  It ranged from just under 900 to 1000 but works out to be basically 25%

Wondering in the next few months when they attempt to increase capacity if the people will come.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Umm, that would put Royal out of business no doubt.

I sailed Allure with 600, ship had no soul.

4000 would still be quite roomy in my opinion.

Mariner this week with under 1000 was wonderful   Plenty of soul for me AND bar seats😇

• Haha 1

By many reports Oasis class ships need to be at 35% to brake even. I would guess that it will hover at 50% until Dec. I doubt Allure will see more than 2750 pax unless it is a holiday sailing. I believe ships won't be close to capacity until March 2022. 1st allure sailing was supposed to be 2000 pax but with protocols I believe it was barely 1800, the next sailing less. With ports being more restrictive I can see it hovering at 35% until the CSO expires...aka Nov 1st. Fain said each month after restart would see an 10% increase but lots of factors to consider.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ampurp85 said:

By many reports Oasis class ships need to be at 35% to brake even. I would guess that it will hover at 50% until Dec. I doubt Allure will see more than 2750 pax unless it is a holiday sailing. I believe ships won't be close to capacity until March 2022. 1st allure sailing was supposed to be 2000 pax but with protocols I believe it was barely 1800, the next sailing less. With ports being more restrictive I can see it hovering at 35% until the CSO expires...aka Nov 1st. Fain said each month after restart would see an 10% increase but lots of factors to consider.

That 35% is without corporate expenses and debt service. Royal is currently mortgaged to the gills

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Current numbers on board are ~1850. Royal’s announced game plan was to increase capacity by 10% each month. You are right John, there is no soul on this cruise. The energy just doesn’t exist.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Current numbers on board are ~1850. Royal’s announced game plan was to increase capacity by 10% each month. You are right John, there is no soul on this cruise. The energy just doesn’t exist.

Rumor is that WJ dinner comes back when they exceed 50%

41 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Rumor is that WJ dinner comes back when they exceed 50%

We are hoping it is back by the time e board in October. If they stay on plan, they should be between 50-60% capacity by October. BTW, what we were told by the concierge is they had about 300cancellations because of the vaccine mandate.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I would be extremely happy if it was 50 or 60% occupancy, we sail in November 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ADunk said:

Here my tracker for the Allure since starting. Hoping to be near 2000 for our 9/12 sailing

Date Passengers Capacity
8/8 1700 31%
8/15 1520 28%
8/22 1770 33%

We board October 3rd

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Laura sailed Oasis with around 2800 after Hurricane Mathew in 2017. Said it felt empty

But nice IMHO😇  We were there as you know  Did she not like it?  Too empty ?

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

But nice IMHO😇  We were there as you know  Did she not like it?  Too empty ?

Oh, she liked it. Better than being at condo with no water, power, or AC🤣🤣

And it may have been Irma. We didn't lose power for Matthew 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

Since we are blue-sky-ing here, what do you think capacity percentage will be on Oasis class in December?  Trying to treat my Dad to a cruise on Oasis at the beginning of December :classic_smile:

Edited by jk04

26 minutes ago, jk04 said:

Since we are blue-sky-ing here, what do you think capacity percentage will be on Oasis class in December?  Trying to treat my Dad to a cruise on Oasis at the beginning of December :classic_smile:

50 - 60 percent 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

50 - 60 percent 

Hopefully that is enough to have all the venues open and it doesn't feel quite like a ghost town but also some elbow room.

OP, I hope you get a cruise capacity you like.  :classic_biggrin:

We board next Sunday, and I’m perfectly fine with 2000 passengers, if it reaches that level. Our weekend on Freedom last month, was just perfect for us. Don’t mind the extra attention from the staff, and less crowding considering the COVID was very nice. Was onboard Allure in 2015 for 2 nights, so really looking forward to a full week with less passengers. 

• Like 1