LIVE - 4cats4me’s last-minute cruise on the Majestic Princess, August 29, 2021

4cats4me

Brrr from GB.  Still so gorgeous.  
Apologies For not responding. Having great difficulty connecting to CC.  Can read but have lots of trouble posting 

Two photos (blue) taken through window 

Loved front row seat on balcony deck eight but too rainy for me.  Don’t like when rain hits my face (  I must’ve been a cat in another life.  ) 

Thanks for the nice compliments re yesterday’s photo.  Much appreciated.  

• Like 9

2 hours ago, station10fd said:

The most we had in there at one time was 12 people (the number of heated loungers).  I don't know if they were limiting it to that number as we were never turned away.  Several days it was only my wife and one or two other couples. It was fantastic!

@station10fd Were most or all people wearing masks in the Enclave?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, caribill said:

For this cruise, did the app allow you the opportunity to make such reservations?

Yes, I was able to make reservations using the app but they weren’t needed and nobody is checking to see if you have a reservation. This is probably because we are only sailing at just over 50% capacity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, P.A. said:

While in Ketchikan be sure to visit the Popcorn place. Right there in town by where the ship docks. SO good.👍

Thanks for the tip…..we love popcorn so we will look for it. There was a popcorn store in Skagway but it was closed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, caribill said:

A Princess rep yesterday insisted that the app pre-cruise does not offer an opportunity to book attendance at onboard events such as shows in the Princess Theater, trivia, etc.

Other threads have indicated the app had been used to make these reservations pre-cruise, even though no attention was paid to them once on board.

For this cruise, did the app allow you the opportunity to make such reservations?

We were on Sky Princess in December 2019 and March 2020 (last cruise before the shutdown).  We were not able to make reservations for shows/events on the app.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, farsight said:

@station10fd Were most or all people wearing masks in the Enclave?

I saw no one wearing a mask all week long.  I don't see how you could with the humidity in there.   A few would walk in with masks on, but it wouldn't take long for them to come off.

Edited by station10fd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, geoherb said:

Last week there were a few children under 18. I did not see any that looked like they were under 12. But the Hollywood Pool and Hollywood Conservatory would have been off limits to the ones under 18.

I’m loving the Hollywood Pool and Hollywood Conservatory. I wish all ships had them as I like this area much better than the Sanctuary on other ships.0B386160-8637-42F1-B097-62C50FA0EB38.thumb.jpeg.36cca019cfc1a783ac6ad0207bb70320.jpeg

• Like 11

3 hours ago, 4cats4me said:

I’ve been trying to upload  for an hour and a half, But I think because there’s a lot of traffic on the thread, somehow,  it prevents me from logging on.  It says I am logged on, but there’s no way for me to comment or to like anybody’s posts. 
There is   a better signal sitting by the window. 2:00 am no problem 😆 

To the CVS questioner, yes , it should say CVS on the letterhead. 

It’s formal night.  

79F2E0CF-D0AD-4950-A166-E3FF14F8D052.jpeg

47666E2C-0E2D-49EE-8D60-974A06327435.jpeg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, station10fd said:

I saw no one wearing a mask all week long.  I don't see how you could with the humidity in there.   A few would walk in with masks on, but it wouldn't take long for them to come off.

Yeah, we were wondering how a mask in that humidity would work out. Thanks

• Like 1