LIVE - 4cats4me’s last-minute cruise on the Majestic Princess, August 29, 2021

4cats4me

20 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

We did a great shore excursion this morning called Black Bear, Wildlife & Nature Walk. It was amazing! One of my favorite shore excursions ever. Because it was raining we saw so many black bears and 4 baby bears. Last time I came to Alaska I only saw 1 bear so this trip made up for it. Hoping one video I took with mom and 2 babies can upload to CC. I’ll post more photos later. 

Amazing video! After trying 3 different browsers on my PC, I finally decided to get out my iPad and I finally got to see the video.  I did not realize some videos on CC are not viewable on a PC.  So now I know  I got sound only on old Firefox browser.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

Amazing video! After trying 3 different browsers on my PC, I finally decided to get out my iPad and I finally got to see the video.  I did not realize some videos on CC are not viewable on a PC.  So now I know  I got sound only on old Firefox browser.

Thanks for the hint.  Tried Safari, Chrome...no go.  Worked on iPad.   Go figure.  Happy Bears.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hpeabody said:

30 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Thanks for the hint.  Tried Safari, Chrome...no go.  Worked on iPad.   Go figure.  Happy Bears.

No go here.  Have not tried another device or browser.  Use Chrome on PC.

On 9/3/2021 at 4:20 AM, Steelers36 said:

The pool area in the photo is the Retreat Pool on other Royal Class ships, albeit slightly larger on Majestic.  Retreat Pools are uncovered.

Thanks for this information. Haven’t sailed on Royal class ships until this voyage. Our next sailing is on the Sky in November so happy to hear they have a similar pool area on other ships. We will be sailing in the Caribbean so hopefully it will be warm enough to enjoy the Retreat pool on the Sky. I’ve sure loved the Hollywood pool on the Majestic.

• Like 1

Someone mentioned on one of the other "Live From" threads that there was a mocktail that was a Strawberry ----------- . It might have been a Strawberry Fire. I think it had Strawberry and Jalapeno in it. Does anyone know what it is called for sure?

58 minutes ago, farsight said:

Someone mentioned on one of the other "Live From" threads that there was a mocktail that was a Strawberry ----------- . It might have been a Strawberry Fire. I think it had Strawberry and Jalapeno in it. Does anyone know what it is called for sure?

Strawberries on Fire.B2DCFA5E-A492-44B1-9A04-796EC0253B3D.thumb.png.fa50c5fc7a4c3aca4fa9099e65e3b056.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, trey420 said:

That drink sounds like it would be better with some rum or vodka, wonder if you can say add something to it?

You could definitely add alcohol to it. You’d just need to order it at a bar or with a server. The app doesn’t allow for customization.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 4cats4me said:

Ugh.  It’s quite pronounced up here in bow. Slam.  Clunk. Clunk .  Ka-BAM!

We’ve had afts in the past,  and it is a wild ride back there , too.   Up here,  it feels like I’m at the epicenter  of a 4.5-5.2 earthquake every 30-45 seconds, and not a roller but a thruster.  LOL

It’s fun to have a little movement. 

Our current seas.  We are on the outer side of Vancouver Island. 

1B4D737D-C88C-4979-929E-EFA6AF7B271D.jpeg

We were in L110 on our second Majestic Princess in Alaska. Let’s just say it was pretty bouncy in that same stretch of water. I was quite seasick. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

Strawberries on Fire.B2DCFA5E-A492-44B1-9A04-796EC0253B3D.thumb.png.fa50c5fc7a4c3aca4fa9099e65e3b056.png

Thanks, I really appreciate your response! I don't drink alcohol, but that doesn't mean I don't want a little pzazz in my life. 🙂

I'll see if I can get them to go heavy on the jalapeno at the bar.

• Like 3

Odd question that just popped into my mind. I have really bad arthritis in my thumbs and I have a real issue with those hair dryers where you have to keep holding down the button to make it work (not a simple on/off switch). Can anyone who has been on Majestic tell me what kind of hairdryer they provide so I know if I need to pack my own?  Thanks a million! 

37 minutes ago, TinaLee said:

Odd question that just popped into my mind. I have really bad arthritis in my thumbs and I have a real issue with those hair dryers where you have to keep holding down the button to make it work (not a simple on/off switch). Can anyone who has been on Majestic tell me what kind of hairdryer they provide so I know if I need to pack my own?  Thanks a million! 

Someone on one of the first two cruises mentioned that they had a "real" hairdryer.  On the third cruise we had the old one attached in the drawer with the button you had to hold down.  Sounds like it's different for every room and if you have a problem with the old ones, it's best to pack the one that is easier for you.

• Thanks 1

Disembarked walk- off Group C at 8:10 made it to the airport by 9:00. As instructed last week by the Shuttle driver from Seattle express, I walked to parking space R, and there was  already a shuttle bus waiting  with a few people on it , and I was able to get a seat on that shuttle. 
otherwise, it would have been a 15 - minute wait, since the coordinator indicated that the vans circle every 15 minutes. 
Ccheck- in only took a few minutes and I was through the huge TSA line within 15 minutes. Now sitting here having my coffee and croissant.  Flight doesn’t leave for two more hours. 

Last night, I decided to go to dinner early, at 6 PM, and to my surprise, the dining room was already packed and they were able to get me in since I was a party of one and wanted to share a table so I was number seven at an eight top. The couple ahead of me were turned away because they basically wanted their own table and they were told no because there was nothing available. 
This was the most crowded I had seen the dining room the entire cruise. 
So, shortly after I arrived,  they did the baked Alaska parade which was interesting because I’m used to that happening at the end of a meal not before I’ve ordered LOL 

so basically I think the secret to the dining room is to time it so that you’re not overlapping , ie, if the dining room opens at 5 PM, if you show up at 6:00 expect it to be crowded , as The tables most likely won’t turn over in one hour, unlike my experience going between 620 and 640 at that point the 5 o’clock diners have had 90 minutes plus to complete their meals.  
so to me the 620 to 640 dining was perfect. 
I had occasion to dine one night at 7 o’clock and the dining room was packed. 
Last night, the company was delightful,  and we didn’t leave until 9 PM. 

I met most wonderful people on this cruise. and  everyone was so nice to me, being a solo traveler, and I wasn’t sure what to expect regarding the shared table situation, or if I’d even be allowed to share at all, with the new era of cruising that has been ushered in.  
I feel like we were the lucky ones,  because it seemed that many issues had been worked out by the time we boarded, and we didn’t have any of the dining room issues that I had read about previously.  

Regarding the stateroom,  everything was perfect,  and I never had to ask my steward for anything.  Never had to ask for the little elite amenities never had to request delivery of my pre-ordered water package never had to request items from the minibar, it was just all their upon boarding. 
I do think that is due, in large part, to the fact that our sailing was only at 53% capacity.

I think this cruise has spoiled me forever, not having to wait for anything,  no crowds  anywhere, and overall, it was just a fantastic cruise!

Next up: Discovery Princess, (if she is delivered on time) March 27, 2022, which is supposed to be the fourth sailing, or who knows, maybe the Inaugural!

Thank you to everyone on previous sailing’s who started the live threads, who got me so excited that I just had to book this last minute cruise. Thank you for all your valuable input, which helped me immensely. 
Thank  you to all on this sailing who contributed to this live from  thread.  It’s so important to get everyone’s perspective, since we all view everything through a different lens.  

And most of all, thank you to everyone else for following along this week!

Happy Sailing

4cats 

C091F5A1-4961-4A3D-9F0F-14B9F84F910D.jpeg

Edited by 4cats4me
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, TinaLee said:

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Someone on one of the first two cruises mentioned that they had a "real" hairdryer.  On the third cruise we had the old one attached in the drawer with the button you had to hold down.  Sounds like it's different for every room and if you have a problem with the old ones, it's best to pack the one that is easier for you.

1 hour ago, RLK33853 said:

My wife has long thick hair and the regular Princess hair dryer isn't of much use to her.  We would always pack our own until we discovered that Passenger Services have some regular hair dryers that can be requested.

Same old hair dryer in my cabin 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TinaLee said:

I keep one of those thick rubber bands that come on fresh broccoli in my cosmetic kit just in case we get one of those 🤬hair dryers.  It works!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, TinaLee said:

Same old hair dryer where you have to hold down the button.  We just came off of the 8/22/sailing.

• Like 1