fly into MIA, sail from FLL-where to stay and transfers

susiesan

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

If I stay in Ft. Lauderdale, do any hotels offer a shuttle to the cruise ships? The only one I see that shows it is Ramada by Wyndham. This hotel has a free shuttle.

Many offer shuttles, most but not all charging a fee. Some offer cruise rates for the hotel, shuttle included. In many cases, it will cost you less for an Uber than the shuttle if you are a couple; singles might be cheaper with the shuttle, but the Uber is far more pleasant for just a few dollars more. Shuttles also service all the lines, and you might get an extended tour or Port Everglades if your ship is last on the itinerary.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, franktown said:

Friend just flew in to MIA and Got a Uber to Embassy Suites 17th st on a Saturday 2 weeks ago.  Was shocked when he went to the app and it was 77 dollars.  He said Lyft was 68 but had a 35 minute wait.

Fewer drivers, more demand, surge pricing - it's a new travel world.  $77 is about the meter fare on a taxi from MIA to FLL area hotels.

20 minutes ago, marco said:

If you want to do it on the cheap, take the "Sunrail" (train) from MIA to FLL and take an uber or lyft from there to your hotel.

Think you meant the Tri-Rail - fare should be about $5 or less.

On 8/30/2021 at 6:17 PM, susiesan said:

I plan to sail on Millennium Nov. 29 from Fort Lauderdale. I am flying into MIA the day before Nov. 28 arriving at 6:25pm. 

What is the best plan, overnight near MIA at an inexpensive airport hotel and then transfer to Celebrity ship next day, or transfer to FLL on Nov. 28 in the evening to spend the night there then go to the ship the next morning?

Which transfer service do people use? A shared shuttle is okay or uber. Which MIA airport hotel do Celebrity cruisers like? If I should stay in Fort Lauderdale, which hotels do people prefer?

Why do it on the cheap?

You are on holiday. Why opt for a trashy taxi or shuttle bus?

A car and driver cost just a few dollars more.

I'm worth it - aren't you?

I went ahead and made a cancelable reservation at Riverside Hotel in Fort Lauderdale for Nov. 28. We will arrange for a transfer to the hotel after landing in Miami rather than stay in Miami that night and transfer to the ship Nov. 29. I can spend some time in Fort Lauderdale before going to the Millennium. I'm not one who has to be the first person to board.

Since we will have traveling friends with us I will arrange for a car and driver for the 4 of us.

On 9/4/2021 at 8:31 PM, susiesan said:

I went ahead and made a cancelable reservation at Riverside Hotel in Fort Lauderdale for Nov. 28. We will arrange for a transfer to the hotel after landing in Miami rather than stay in Miami that night and transfer to the ship Nov. 29. I can spend some time in Fort Lauderdale before going to the Millennium. I'm not one who has to be the first person to board.

Since we will have traveling friends with us I will arrange for a car and driver for the 4 of us.

We stayed at Riverside Hotel before our last cruise. It's in a great location for a pre cruise stay. We booked the Miami airport mini bus transfer to get there . Riverside will organise your transfer to the port offering private limos or shared shuttle when you check out, the vehicles collect from the rear entrance, all very well organised.