things to do while waiting on your flight?

3eaglesfam

Flying home at 3 from Ft Lauderdale airport and we arrive at the port of Miami at 6 am.  Hoping to get the latest spot off the ship but I have zero ideas what to do for the hours I have between arrival and time I need to be at the airport.  

Check your bags (or pay to store them at the airport) and then head out for a boozy brunch.

Or get off the ship early, Uber to  South Beach and store your bags at the Luggage Lounge while you explore before heading to the airport.

You could try Resort Pass dot com for hotels and resorts selling day passes to their pool, spa and beach facilities, but unless you are among the first off the ship your time to enjoy the hotel offerings will be short.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2021 at 10:03 AM, FLLconcierge said:

Have one of the tour companies pick you up and take you on an excursion to the Everglades or city tour and then drop you and your baggage off at the airport. There are several great companies that offer this service with free luggage storage.  I know for sure there is a company that will pick you up at one port and drop you off at the airport (either Miami or Fort Laudedale). This is perfect because it also saves you on transportation! From our hotel (in South Beach) we use one company a lot for this. PM me if you want more info.

I am a big believer in not wasting any time and making the most of extending your vacay!

Agree....I'm also a big believer in spending as little time as possible at FLL.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 12:03 PM, FLLconcierge said:

Have one of the tour companies pick you up and take you on an excursion to the Everglades or city tour and then drop you and your baggage off at the airport. There are several great companies that offer this service with free luggage storage.  I know for sure there is a company that will pick you up at one port and drop you off at the airport (either Miami or Fort Laudedale). This is perfect because it also saves you on transportation! From our hotel (in South Beach) we use one company a lot for this. PM me if you want more info.

I am a big believer in not wasting any time and making the most of extending your vacay!

I would be interested in what company you like to use. I also have a 6PM flight out of MIA after our cruise so would be interested in different options. I tried to PM but it is disabled for some reason. My email is swflant92@hotmail.com. Thanks