Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

On 6/14/2022 at 9:03 AM, wolft927 said:

So Just a tip if you are bidding on Haven Suites and not looking to break the Bank. Typically Haven Suites like the Forward Facing will be a lower minimum bid and also a lot of people don't bid on them because they are not in the Haven Area itself. Yes the Balcony is very small, But the room itself is a great size. I won the Forward Facing Haven with a minimum bid on the Breakaway last December. 

Is the balcony large enough for 3 people? Just wondering before I bid. 

7 minutes ago, ldgiff said:

Search Youtube for the ship and cabin number.  If you cant find "your" cabin you will find one very near your cabin.

19 minutes ago, ldgiff said:

Not at all, It is very very small, there are several videos on youtube showing the balcony. Can barely hold 2 people 

On 6/12/2022 at 4:19 PM, bankergirl06 said:

Here you go!  Good Luck on your upgrade! https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/NCL/

Thanks a million for posting this! I didn’t even know it existed. I was recently offered the chance to upgrade. My bid is so low that chances are slim, but I can at least keep track of it this way. 

On 6/14/2022 at 7:17 AM, Kanga777 said:

As I mentioned on a previous post there is website you can visit if you are a SCANNER of the SEA.  I would put the first capitalized word behind the second.  When you find your cruise check the "availability and booking" and it will show what is available in each cabin class up to 15 cabins.  I find it a bit easier then doing a mock booking.

I tried this and it worked great! Thanks for posting. A mock booking takes awhile and doesn’t do any good if your sailing is showing sold out or sailing with less capacity. I was recently offered some upgrade offers for a sold out cruise. NCL is offering booked people a chance to get a better cabin, for hopefully less, without adding more people on the ship, and making more money on limited capacity sailings. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Linsuesue said:

Thanks a million for posting this! I didn’t even know it existed. I was recently offered the chance to upgrade. My bid is so low that chances are slim, but I can at least keep track of it this way. 

I received an email to upgrade, and I sent in our bids.  When I use that link it says "We have no space available."  I'll assume our bids were not accepted???  Why would they send out an email if nothing was available?

6 hours ago, Superflyisme said:

I received an email to upgrade, and I sent in our bids.  When I use that link it says "We have no space available."  I'll assume our bids were not accepted???  Why would they send out an email if nothing was available?

I have no idea, except maybe by the time you were ready to bid, someone else had bid on that cabin and was accepted already? I have only ever received 1 offer to upgrade. It doesn’t show how many cabins are left in each category. I don’t know if NCL accepts bids right way or sits on them until the last minute to choose the highest bid. 

On 6/14/2022 at 3:17 PM, Kanga777 said:

As I mentioned on a previous post there is website you can visit if you are a SCANNER of the SEA.  I would put the first capitalized word behind the second.  When you find your cruise check the "availability and booking" and it will show what is available in each cabin class up to 15 cabins.  I find it a bit easier then doing a mock booking.

There are better UK sites that show more than 15, try a few to find them.

With NCL you can get upto 15 per grade using an old app interface and  for category group(inside, balcony...) forward mid aft section each deck with the current main one.

Cross reference with NCL and other sites as they show different cabins in the lists to get a better overview.

On 6/15/2022 at 6:52 PM, Superflyisme said:

It still allows you to bid because things can change.

Most likely, somebody in the category you're bidding for, bids for a higher category and wins it - that leaves their old cabin available.

There's also cancellations, and etc.

I put my bid in for an upgrade .The room I bid on is now sold out.When the room was available the let’s get you upgraded on my log in page disappeared after I upped the bid.Now the rooms are sold out and the “Let’s get you upgraded “is back.Anyone else have this happen?

13 hours ago, Cruiseandgamble said:

Got my upgrade email today for the 6/21 Epic out of Rome.  Bid $100pp (minimum bid) to go from Inside to Club Balcony Suite and got it.  Interestingly enough, I also bid $125pp to upgrade to a regular balcony but didn't get that category.

Also got the upgrade to club balcony suite on minimum on tomorrow’s epic sailing. The extra space should be nice. Enjoy! 

• Like 1

It shows that the Getaway on the 27th is sold out of the Haven.  I've bid on all the haven rooms except the owners.  

Am I reduced to hoping that people that have booked the Haven will cancel?  Or is it possible they hold some back for upgrades?  Or maybe some travel agents have first dibs and the rooms will be released right before the cruise?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, eeluk said:

It shows that the Getaway on the 27th is sold out of the Haven.  I've bid on all the haven rooms except the owners.  

Am I reduced to hoping that people that have booked the Haven will cancel?  Or is it possible they hold some back for upgrades?  Or maybe some travel agents have first dibs and the rooms will be released right before the cruise?

Holding back for upgrades makes very little sense.  But people cancel and I suppose even Haven bookings might have some upgrade possibilities.