Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

First cruise ever tomorrow on the Norwegian Joy to Bermuda. I bid on 7 Haven rooms and 1 Penthouse suite, but I haven't received any notifications that I've won.

What are my chances?

6 minutes ago, Fino NYC said:

First cruise ever tomorrow on the Norwegian Joy to Bermuda. I bid on 7 Haven rooms and 1 Penthouse suite, but I haven't received any notifications that I've won.

What are my chances?

DOn't want to spoil anything, but just looked.  The entire ship is sold out except for one inside cabin.  Haven cabins usually sell out first on ANY NCL cruise.  You can't book a Haven cabin right now regardless of how much you bid for an upgrade.

But, Bermuda is beautiful and the Joy is one of NCL's nicest ships, regardless of your cabin.

I'd be hard pressed to thin k of a significantly better first cruise than one to Bermuda on the NCL Joy.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Fino NYC said:

What are my chances?

One in a million.

On 4/20/2024 at 1:21 PM, Fino NYC said:

What are my chances?

Did you bid max on everything? If not, 1 in a million might be too low odds.

• Haha 1

Believe a lot of the Norwegian Jewel upgrade bids for the May 6 - 13 sailing just went through today. I got upgraded from inside to oceanview for $55 pp (min bid was $50).

Edited by ChiefK92
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChiefK92 said:

Believe a lot of the Norwegian Jewel upgrade bids for the May 6 - 13 sailing just went through today. I got upgraded from inside to oceanview for $55 pp (min bid was $50).

Same thing happened to me on the Gem. 55 each seems to be a good number 

• Like 1

I just got the upgrade email for the Joy sailing to Bermuda leaving on 5/5. We booked a guarantee inside room because every other inside category was sold out. We bid $150pp on a balcony and it was accepted. 

• Like 7

Wow! We just got upgraded from a GTY OV picture window to a balcony on NCL Jewel sailing 6/24/24 to Alaska! I really was not expecting it. Balcony rooms have been sold out for awhile now, and weren’t even available when we originally booked. I bid $260/pp, but to outright upgrade would have been about $3500. I’m happy!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, nordicacres said:

Wow! We just got upgraded from a GTY OV picture window to a balcony on NCL Jewel sailing 6/24/24 to Alaska! I really was not expecting it. Balcony rooms have been sold out for awhile now, and weren’t even available when we originally booked. I bid $260/pp, but to outright upgrade would have been about $3500. I’m happy!

Amayzin!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what upgrade options are given if you book an oceanview?  With a booked inside I have been given oceanview, balcony, and club balcony.  With a booked balcony I have been given club balcony, suite, and haven. Thank you.

6 hours ago, cianciolo said:

Does anyone know what upgrade options are given if you book an oceanview?  With a booked inside I have been given oceanview, balcony, and club balcony.  With a booked balcony I have been given club balcony, suite, and haven. Thank you.

i was only given the option to bid on Balcony and Club Balcony.

I'm anxiously awaiting to see if our bide is accepted for an upgrade to a larger room.  I cancelled one of the four bids we made, since it didn't make sense to pay the additional cost (approx $1K) for a small upgrade (100 sq ft).  But I would like an upgrade.

20 minutes ago, Xoxosnowball said:

it didn't make sense to pay the additional cost (approx $1K) for a small upgrade (100 sq ft).  

Wow that's some expensive real estate...kinda like Boardwalk on Monopoly!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cianciolo said:

I had an Oceanview Picture Window on the Sky and got the option to bid all the way up to the Owner's Suite (No Haven on board). Got a balcony upgrade for 145.

• Like 1

Booked a Penthouse Suite on Joy from 7.14-7.21 and was given the option to upgrade to basically everything else above me, all in the Haven. All of my offers were in the Good range, some leaning towards the Fair side, so hoping to make this first cruise for my small family a special one.  Im sure my 3k offer for the 2100 sq ft owners suite will get me to the top of the list, right guys?!?!?

1 hour ago, Sportquattro said:

Booked a Penthouse Suite on Joy from 7.14-7.21 and was given the option to upgrade to basically everything else above me, all in the Haven. All of my offers were in the Good range, some leaning towards the Fair side, so hoping to make this first cruise for my small family a special one.  Im sure my 3k offer for the 2100 sq ft owners suite will get me to the top of the list, right guys?!?!?

Haha, it might, but unless someone cancels their Haven booking, that’s where you’re going to remain.  The Haven is sold out on that sailing.